Current Season Re- recording viewed episodes

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
Winterlight

Current Season Re- recording viewed episodes

Post by Winterlight » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:06 pm

I have a HD homerun subscription. My recording PC is running Windows 10 Pro fully patched. If I set up to record a show "Current Season" and I never delete any of the recorded episodes the software records one episode after another, as it should. However, if I were to delete the episode from it's folder after I watch it ,then as soon as the app finds a replacement it will re record it. This means that in order to have a sequential recording of the series I must maintain all recorded episodes in the folder. If the folder is empty then the app will try and re recorde all the missing episodes. This could mean 20 or more episodes sitting in the folder taking up space. I thought the software knew what it had already recorded and would only record missing episodes? Am I going about this wrong? Thanks

Ken.F
Device ID: 1041A706, 1043EB32, 104BAD9E, 13168DC5, 1322A7AC

Re: Current Season Re- recording viewed episodes

Post by Ken.F » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:16 pm

Winterlight wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:06 pm
I thought the software knew what it had already recorded and would only record missing episodes? Am I going about this wrong? Thanks
The DVR software only knows what you currently have stored in the recorded folder and what you have deleted through the app. If you manually delete recording files through your computer's file system the DVR thinks you somehow lost the recording so it will replace it the next time it airs.

gtb
Expert

Re: Current Season Re- recording viewed episodes

Post by gtb » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:26 pm

btw, while I believe the most recent UI changed the name from "recent" to "current season", but in any case, it will only record shows with an original airdate in the last 90 days. For some shows, 90 days *is* the entire season (cancelled after just a single episode showing?), but typically, given the special weeks that no new showings air, it is only going to be the last 10 episodes or so (not the entire 24 of a classic season).