Black screen when exiting app on shield 2015

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
mimmic

Black screen when exiting app on shield 2015

Post by mimmic » Tue May 28, 2019 6:13 pm

When I exit the HDHR app in my shield 2015, my home screen is shown then goes blank/black for a few seconds then goes back to the home screen. This doesn't happen on my shield 2017. I just factory reset the 2015 to see if that would help and it doesn't. Any ideas?

jasonl
Silicondust

Re: Black screen when exiting app on shield 2015

Post by jasonl » Tue May 28, 2019 6:52 pm

First guess would be that you have the Shield running at a resolution/framerate that isn't optimal for broadcast TV. The HDHomeRun app will automatically change to the optimal combination based on the content and what is supported by the TV and device, and then the system will switch back when you exit the app. Most TVs will blank out for a couple seconds during the change.

mimmic

Re: Black screen when exiting app on shield 2015

Post by mimmic » Tue May 28, 2019 7:05 pm

jasonl wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 6:52 pm
First guess would be that you have the Shield running at a resolution/framerate that isn't optimal for broadcast TV. The HDHomeRun app will automatically change to the optimal combination based on the content and what is supported by the TV and device, and then the system will switch back when you exit the app. Most TVs will blank out for a couple seconds during the change.
Thanks for the hint. I changed the refresh rate and it appears to have fixed the issue.