QNAP QPKG for DVR Record Engine

Downloads & Instructions
demonrik
Device ID: 108042A1, 10814D8E

Re: QNAP QPKG for DVR Record Engine

Post by demonrik »

NEW PACKAGE AVAILABLE
- Fixes the recordingURL issue in dvrui_recordings.php
- Adds new diagnostics page (gear icon in top right) - may need to clear browsing data
- Added debug variable to vars.php to now control debug better.

new QPKG HDHomeRunDVR-0.9.40.qpkg available in the usual locationsGoogle Drive, DropBox, OneDrive

Code is available on github
https://github.com/Silicondust/dvr_install

fongw2

Post by fongw2 »

Yep - that's the URL failing to load.
It could be restriction on the NAS, or a failure in the file to get the data, etc..
Basically - the UI is requesting the following URL 'http://api.hdhomerun.com/discover'
This is a text of your discovered HDHomerun devices including the DVR
We then use this info to get a) a list of HDHomerun devices and b) the URL to the recording instances of the engine
If it fails you get neither.
Thanks Rik. I had previously opened a ticket with QNAP support when my DVR stopped recording and this URL did not show my DVR license but it did show my HDHomeRun. Today it shows nothing except []. When I go to my.hdhomerun.com, it also says I have no HDHomeRun or HDHomeRunDVR detected, and QNAP support could never explain why. I tried a reboot of my HDHomeRun but this did not help. I gave up trying to figure this issue out once I was able to get my DVR to record again after multiple reloads of the QNAP package and they closed my ticket.

I just checked and now there are recordings showing up in the Recordings tab. Not sure if this had anything to do with watching TV on my kodi box via the 'zuki' HDHomeRun PVR and the standard HDHomeRun app which I haven't done in awhile.

Just loaded your new QPKG. Thanks again for all of your work on this.

demonrik

Post by demonrik »

fongw2 wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:16 pm Thanks Rik. I had previously opened a ticket with QNAP support when my DVR stopped recording and this URL did not show my DVR license but it did show my HDHomeRun. Today it shows nothing except []. When I go to my.hdhomerun.com, it also says I have no HDHomeRun or HDHomeRunDVR detected, and QNAP support could never explain why. I tried a reboot of my HDHomeRun but this did not help. I gave up trying to figure this issue out once I was able to get my DVR to record again after multiple reloads of the QNAP package and they closed my ticket.
that's worrying..
If you open that URL and you get nothing then your HDHomeruns aren't updating the SD servers.. so something is preventing them on your network in getting out there..
Could be as simple as bad DNS configuration/servers.. or possibly something worse.
If you try URL on your PC, but still issues with engine - always check the new diagnostics page.. It attempts to get that URL data and does some other checking of data. If it's not matching then something is up on the NAS route out to the internet.

Anyway - glad it's working for you.

Arative

Post by Arative »

I moved my recording engine to a new qnap yesterday and after I moved my recordings I'm getting an error in the logs failed to create dir_change_notification for all the copied recordings and no recordings show up at all

Arative

Post by Arative »

Nevermind on the above post, should have searched the topic before posting, ran the command
chmod -R g+w /share/Recordings/HDHomeRunDVR

and its all working now

demonrik

Post by demonrik »

Removed - see OP for correct version and link
Last edited by demonrik on Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

netjrb

Post by netjrb »

Hi,
Updated from 0.9.40 to 0.9.50, and the Dashboard tab now only displays a blank green background.
The Recordings tab works as before, and the DVR seems to be functioning normally.
Tried reinstalling and rebooting the NAS, but no change.
Any ideas on what is wrong?

Thanks!

demonrik

Post by demonrik »

netjrb wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:15 pm Hi,
Updated from 0.9.40 to 0.9.50, and the Dashboard tab now only displays a blank green background.
The Recordings tab works as before, and the DVR seems to be functioning normally.
Tried reinstalling and rebooting the NAS, but no change.
Any ideas on what is wrong?

Thanks!
I suspect your browser has cached the old javascript.
on chrome you can do a hard refresh with CTRL+Shift+R

netjrb

Post by netjrb »

I had to do a full clear of of my browsing data, but that did it.
New Dashboard is slick. Very nice work.

cat6man

Post by cat6man »

just got my qnap running with this software and starting to test and get to know it.

from the 2nd post, "No UI in QTS Desktop - web server is running"
i've found a workaround that doesn't seem to require editing the apache config.

if i open the installed app, i get the blank screen.
if i click the entry in QTS menu, i get the blank screen.
if i right click the entry in QTS menu and open in a new tab, i get the UI

numus

Post by numus »

demonrik wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:09 pm
fongw2 wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:29 pm Hi. I was running the QPKG V0.9.34 in early December on a TS-412 with a HDHomeRun Connect model HDHR4-2US. Everything was working fine until I tried to move the recording directory from it's standard location (Multimedia/HDHomeRun) on mirrored drives 1 & 2 to two new mirrored drives 3 & 4 using the HDHomeRunDVR UI. It hung/crashed during the attempt
I suspect you moved the RecordPath to something invalid and the engine can't move forward
I could never run the UI on the NAS directly as has been identified in this post as I would get that error that it would not connect (BTW, what port should be used in Web Server or does that even matter?), but using the workaround with <my NAS ip>/HDHomeRunDVR used to work
This is a known issue I've not been able to replicate directly.
@numus managed to get some info and I posted what I think could be a fix, but unfortunately no-one has responded to whether it works or not.
viewtopic.php?p=337629#p337629
until the December problem started and now I get this error:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /HDHomeRunDVR on this server.

I double checked my NAS folder permissions and I'm pretty sure I have access, atleast I used to until I tried to change the directories in the UI. Is this in a hidden directory somewhere?
Normal installation will create a link in /share/Web called HDHomeRunDVR
This is linked to the install directory of the QPKG - in your case it should be /share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/HDHomeRunDVR/ui
If you are getting this error - then either /share/Web/HDHomeRunDVR is pointing to an invalid location or the permissions of the install directory got removed
So 2 tests here..
1. Check the install directory of the QPKG

Code: Select all

getcfg HDHomeRunDVR Install_Path -f /etc/config/qpkg.conf
2. Check the Web page link

ls -l /share/Web/HDHomeRunDVR 
They should almost match - the Web link will have additional subfolder /ui/ but otherwise should be close.
Once the file location change screw up started, I also stopped seeing my HDHomeRun Record and DVR as valid options on the my.hdhomerun.com page even though I knew I had them and had been using them since Jan 2018. Only my tuner shows up on that webpage and also when I run http://ipv4-api.hdhomerun.com/discover, nothing else and definitely no DVR.
This will happen if you have pointed the DVR engine to a folder it can't write read/write to..
The Engine can't proceed further - so you need to set the RecordPath to something valid that the httpdusr can write to.
If you are creating a new folder/share on the new volume you will need to make sure httpuser has permissions to it.
I've been working with SD support since then but multiple attempts to delete and re-install the app on my NAS have resulted in nothing. I let my DVR license renewal lapse in Jan because I was frustrated that I couldn't set up any recordings so why pay for it, and then I saw the new QPKG v0.9.35. I installed the new version and it sort of helped in that I could now see previous recordings that I had saved in the original Multimedia/HDHomeRunDVR folder.
Probably because it mapped to the correct (and valid) RecordPath once again.
I decided to resubscribe to the DVR again to see if everything came back and recordings from my old timers in the kodi app restarted to the old directory on Feb 1 when I renewed my subscription. I still however cannot see the UI and still get the 'Forbidden' error on my PC.
See above for fix that may help with app in QTS, and what I suspect is wrong with browser access.
instead, it was in /share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/HDHomeRunDVR/
QNAP has 2 different storage systems.
For future - you should run the following first to determine the default storage volume

getcfg SHARE_DEF defVolMP -f /etc/config/def_share.info 
Then the config file will be in .qpkg/HDHomeRunDVR from there
Any suggestions on what I can do to get access to the HDHomeRunDVR UI from my PC and have it show up in my.hdhomerun.com profile? Is there another config or directory on my NAS that was possible corrupted back in December such that I can no longer see the UI?
It seems your efforts to move the RecordPath have broken a few things.. so it's a matter of one by one breaking down things to see where you broke it. Once we undo the breaks it should bring back access.
Unsure how to edit the apache config file... QNAP doesnt have nano or gedit installed.

[~] # getcfg HDHomeRunDVR Install_Path -f /etc/config/qpkg.conf
/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/HDHomeRunDVR

ls -l /share/Web/HDHomeRunDVR
lrwxrwxrwx 1 admin administrators 43 2019-03-14 20:34 /share/Web/HDHomeRunDVR -> /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/HDHomeRunDVR/ui/

demonrik

Post by demonrik »

Removed - see OP for correct version and link
Last edited by demonrik on Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

poorman

Post by poorman »

I just moved from synology and not sure if the new dashboard is QNAP or the new release, anyway it is AWESOME! I like it much better than the older one!

On a fresh install of HDHomeRunDVR QNAP manual install (HDHomeRunDVR_0.9.51.qpkg) most everything is working great. I have trouble with creating recordings and see trouble in the log file with live TV. I believe it comes from this log entry.
Recording: disk space available = 0GB

Therefore in the log I see this every minute. (starts a new file each minute because it runs out of space)

20190416-16:35:05 Recording: write error Live channel 13.2 84cb70dd
20190416-16:35:15 Recording: stop Live channel 13.2 84cb70dd (result = 0x0040)
20190416-16:35:15 Recording: early end of Live channel 13.2 84cb70dd
20190416-16:35:15 Recording: starting new file Live channel 13.2 d86c7fa2
20190416-16:35:15 Recording: sending request to 10722293 at 192.168.100.161 for Live channel 13.2 d86c7fa2
20190416-16:35:16 Recording: recording stated Live channel 13.2 d86c7fa2
20190416-16:35:16 Playback: Streaming: Live channel 13.2 to 192.168.100.158 starting at 0MB
20190416-16:36:09 Recording: write error Live channel 13.2 d86c7fa2
20190416-16:36:19 Recording: stop Live channel 13.2 d86c7fa2 (result = 0x0040)
20190416-16:36:19 Recording: early end of Live channel 13.2 d86c7fa2

Also, I can only record a show for about 12 seconds and then the HDHomeRun app reports "DVD Full" and will not play any live channels.

QNAP
Firmware: 4.3.6.0895
Model: TS-653A
RecordPath: /share/Multimedia/HDHomeRunDVR

I think it is perhaps a permission or volume size issue?
Below I'm concerned about "tmpfs /share" is used at 100%, but maybe I shouldn't be because below that shows "/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA" has plenty of room.

[~] # ls -al /share/Multimedia/HDHomeRunDVR/
total 20
drwxr-xr-x 3 httpdusr administrators 80 2019-04-16 12:44 ./
drwxr-xr-x 3 admin administrators 60 2019-04-16 11:56 ../
-rw-rw-rw- 1 httpdusr administrators 19620 2019-04-16 12:50 20190416.log
drwxrwxrwx 2 httpdusr administrators 60 2019-04-16 12:50 Live TV/

[~] # df /share/Multimedia/HDHomeRunDVR/
Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on
tmpfs 16.0M 16.0M 0 100% /share
[~] #

[~] # df
none 250.0M 230.5M 19.5M 92% /
<snip>
<snip>
/dev/mapper/cachedev1
2.9T 771.2G 2.2T 26% /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA
tmpfs 16.0M 88.0K 15.9M 1% /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.samba/lock/msg.lock
tmpfs 16.0M 0 16.0M 0% /mnt/ext/opt/samba/private/msg.sock

I realize this is probably not your software but maybe a Linux feature or a QNAP setting however I'm stuck and appreciate any help or suggestions anyone would have!

jasonl
Silicondust

Post by jasonl »

It's reporting that /share/Multimedia/HDHomeRunDVR/ is tmpfs instead of whatever the correct filesystem would be, which tells me there probably isn't a Multimedia share on the device. Did you delete it? It's normally there by default on QNAP.

demonrik

Post by demonrik »

jasonl wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:34 pm It's reporting that /share/Multimedia/HDHomeRunDVR/ is tmpfs instead of whatever the correct filesystem would be, which tells me there probably isn't a Multimedia share on the device. Did you delete it? It's normally there by default on QNAP.
precisely.
[~] # df /share/Multimedia/HDHomeRunDVR/
Shows there is only 16M of space.

I default to /share/Multimedia because it's there by default.. I've not seen a QNAP without it.
But that's not to say that it could change on a newer device/build.

So to resolve.. I suggest create a new folder in /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA and point your RecordPath to it.
Remember to add http user/group to the folder under permissions.
Then shutdown/restart the engine.