FireTV guide

Help and support with third-party TV software.
Windows Media Center, J River Media Center, Next PVR, MythTV, InstaTV, etc.
rrussis82

FireTV guide

Post by rrussis82 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:03 pm

I noticed Amazon has added support to other sources on the FireTV guide. it displays some PlutoTV channels, any subscription channels on prime, and the 4 letter streaming service that's $16 a month all on a grid guide. When will HDHomerun tuners be able to be added to this guide? There may even be more that can be added, (I heard VUE can be) but I don't have the other streaming APPS installed to check.

To check go to settings on fireTV, go to live tv and add sources.

rrussis82

Re: FireTV guide

Post by rrussis82 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:26 am

And also now that these other streaming services can be added as a source in the Amazon Guide, does this set a precedence that maybe there is a way they can also be added into the View APP minus DVR capability (be great if you could but I doubt it would be allowed) Now that would be an All-in-One Solution SD is seeking.

Imagine having OTA-PremiumTV-4letterwordstreaming-PlutoTV all in the lineup on SliceGuide. (maybe even if you have ShowtimeAnywhere or HBOGo?)

spencer777

Post by spencer777 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:22 pm

rrussis82 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:26 am
And also now that these other streaming services can be added as a source in the Amazon Guide, does this set a precedence that maybe there is a way they can also be added into the View APP minus DVR capability (be great if you could but I doubt it would be allowed) Now that would be an All-in-One Solution SD is seeking.

Imagine having OTA-PremiumTV-4letterwordstreaming-PlutoTV all in the lineup on SliceGuide. (maybe even if you have ShowtimeAnywhere or HBOGo?)
You can sideload Live channels. I get Hdhomerun, Pluto. (Philo is listed but not ready yet). I would Like amazon to add network tuners, maybe someday

rrussis82

Post by rrussis82 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:42 pm

spencer777 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:22 pm
rrussis82 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:26 am

You can sideload Live channels. I get Hdhomerun, Pluto. (***** is listed but not ready yet). I would Like amazon to add network tuners, maybe someday
I saw your post on that. I actually like the look and smoothness of the amazon guide. A recast can be added, and SD in the not so distant past has made mention they were working on adding support. I never really liked the look of Live Channels. If network tuner could be added in the near future, and Pluto, my prime subscribed channels, and that Philosopher like streaming service, that would be my go to guide for live viewing.

btambling

Post by btambling » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:25 pm

I'd welcome more Amazon Fire TV integration and also some Alexa capability (or one via the other).

tcsekhar

Post by tcsekhar » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:34 pm

I have side loaded Google channels app and it's really good app. Combines Pluto, and network tuners all in one easy menu/channel guide.

The only issue I have is the audio lag and freezes only on the NBC Chicago HD (Channel 5.1). All other 58 channels work just fine - absolutely no problems.