Nickk - Please Confirm Credit Due to Channel Issues.

Support for and discussion of the HDHomeRun Premium TV service
zaytar

Re: Nickk - Please Confirm Credit Due to Channel Issues.

Postby zaytar » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:19 pm

As I've said over and over the omission is probably unavoidable. From my own experience, sometimes when you are negotiating a contract you have to sign an NDA for those negotiations. Or it could be that the blow by blow information isn't helpful to anyone (e.g. "Today;s update - Omniverse offered to pay $3 more per customer to retain the rights, waiting on a response by Friday at 5pm", etc). This kind of stuff is boring to do in real life much less read about.
Maybe I haven't been clear, but I would find that immensely helpful. It would mean inproved communication between SD and Omniverse, for one, and real hope that the missing channels might come back -- not just wishcasting. The suggestion that they are limited by a NDA is pretty ridiculous -- we all know Omniverse doesn't even communicate about maintenance downtime, and we know SD is understaffed to the point of non-responsiveness to a variety of valid questions here on the forum. There's no NDA, and even if there was, they could simply say there's an NDA.
You've been clear that you basically want SD to stop everything else and text you daily updates on whatever is being done. They've told you all they know but you want more. Again, honestly if this is so terrible and SD is such a terrible company, why are you still a customer ?

The NDA requirement wouldn't be required by Omniverse - it would be required by the content providers who do have big legal teams and like to enforce things that normal people like us might see as ridiculous. Believe it or not sometimes an NDA also says you can't say there is an NDA.

Riddler

Postby Riddler » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:40 pm

I want to thank the SD team for getting me me refund fast.

I was charged the $34.99 out of my bank account for the month of February.

I followed their instructions and made a ticket. By the next day my account was credited $10.00.

Thanks again.

tonywagner

Postby tonywagner » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:46 pm

You've been clear that you basically want SD to stop everything else and text you daily updates on whatever is being done. They've told you all they know but you want more. Again, honestly if this is so terrible and SD is such a terrible company, why are you still a customer ?
I like SD. I love my HD Homerun. I want Premium TV to succeed, so I am concerned when I see what's going on around here.

They don't need to stop doing anything or text me daily updates. But it shouldn't take them 3 weeks and counting to post a clear status update about a major widespread billing error. There's no NDA that could possibly explain that, or other issues they've gone silent on, like new customer pricing, stage 2 progress, etc.

I don't think it is malice -- I don't know what it is. The billing error is such an obvious, visible, widespread issue, and it's been long enough, that their reaction can't really be explained by being understaffed anymore. If they don't have the staff to actually fix it yet, that's not good -- but at least they should have staff to post a big, clear status update explanation (and they still have staff posting here and processing refunds manually, apparently). If communication has broken down between support reps here and supervisors/decision makers somewhere else, that's even worse, and it's something they really need to address.

I don't mean for this to come off as "random guy on the internet telling a business how to do its job" but you have to admit, we're in weird territory here. Something that set SD apart from their streaming competitors in the early going was their communication, their responsiveness, all centered around this very forum. But the past few months, that communication has basically shut down, well beyond what could possibly be explained by a hypothetical NDA about the return of the missing channels. Tons of posts piling up, about a variety of issues, very obviously requiring some level of official response, even just a "we're working on it" or "let me check on that and get back to you" -- yet nothing. A stark contrast to a just few months ago.

I hope this is just a bump in the road and they get back on track soon, but this has gone on long enough that I can't in good conscience recommend Premium TV right now -- and that sucks. I *want* to recommend Premium TV. I want to respond to every skeptic here and elsewhere and point to SD's authoritative responses and signs of progress to address their concerns. But I don't know what the price is for new customers anymore. I'm not even sure what current customers should expect to get charged next month if they don't contact support. I'm not sure there's a realistic path to better video quality anymore, or the missing channels coming back, or the additional channels they once teased, or anything. If we were talking about a piece of standalone hardware, I wouldn't be so concerned -- people could afford to wait and see. But a monthly subscription service is a very different animal. Consumers rightfully expect timely service and information. I want SD to get back to that, so I can get back to recommending them.

I hope that is clear. I'll bow out of this thread now.

zaytar

Postby zaytar » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:19 pm

I like SD. I love my HD Homerun. I want Premium TV to succeed, so I am concerned when I see what's going on around here.

They don't need to stop doing anything or text me daily updates. But it shouldn't take them 3 weeks and counting to post a clear status update about a major widespread billing error. There's no NDA that could possibly explain that, or other issues they've gone silent on, like new customer pricing, stage 2 progress, etc.
Sigh - nobody said anything about the billing issue requiring an NDA. The billing issue was a mistake, credits are being issued, your post history shows that you know this.

We've already been over reasons why they haven't laid all if their future plans for you.

I don't think it is malice -- I don't know what it is. The billing error is such an obvious, visible, widespread issue, and it's been long enough, that their reaction can't really be explained by being understaffed anymore. If they don't have the staff to actually fix it yet, that's not good -- but at least they should have staff to post a big, clear status update explanation (and they still have staff posting here and processing refunds manually, apparently). If communication has broken down between support reps here and supervisors/decision makers somewhere else, that's even worse, and it's something they really need to address.
Again, people are getting refunds so not sure why you keep going back to the billing mistake.

I don't mean for this to come off as "random guy on the internet telling a business how to do its job" but you have to admit, we're in weird territory here. Something that set SD apart from their streaming competitors in the early going was their communication, their responsiveness, all centered around this very forum. But the past few months, that communication has basically shut down, well beyond what could possibly be explained by a hypothetical NDA about the return of the missing channels. Tons of posts piling up, about a variety of issues, very obviously requiring some level of official response, even just a "we're working on it" or "let me check on that and get back to you" -- yet nothing. A stark contrast to a just few months ago.
Again, I'm not sure what you want - there were posts about the issue being looked into when it first happened and if there are no updates what do you want them to do ?

I hope this is just a bump in the road and they get back on track soon, but this has gone on long enough that I can't in good conscience recommend Premium TV right now -- and that sucks. I *want* to recommend Premium TV. I want to respond to every skeptic here and elsewhere and point to SD's authoritative responses and signs of progress to address their concerns. But I don't know what the price is for new customers anymore. I'm not even sure what current customers should expect to get charged next month if they don't contact support. I'm not sure there's a realistic path to better video quality anymore, or the missing channels coming back, or the additional channels they once teased, or anything. If we were talking about a piece of standalone hardware, I wouldn't be so concerned -- people could afford to wait and see. But a monthly subscription service is a very different animal. Consumers rightfully expect timely service and information. I want SD to get back to that, so I can get back to recommending them.

I hope that is clear. I'll bow out of this thread now.
Again, with all those concerns I'm not sure why you are still a customer. If I were bothered as much as you were by the current state of things, I'd move on. Nobody is forcing anyone to keep their monthly subscription - if the video quality is so horrible and you don't like the channel subscription there are tons of other streaming providers out there.

Consumers have a right to timely service and information *if* there is any new information to be provided and *if* giving out that information would make a difference. Sometimes it is better not to give out every little detail on what is going on as it paints you into a corner when those plans fall through for unforeseen reasons - see the Prime 6 issues. If they could go back in time and take back that early announcement I'd bet they would. The same is true of declaring the roadmap for Phase 2, laying out what new channels are coming, or planning to fix video quality issues when it isn't even a known quantity if you'll have the same upstream provider available to you.

spencer777

Postby spencer777 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:08 am

Again, with all those concerns I'm not sure why you are still a customer. If I were bothered as much as you were by the current state of things, I'd move on. Nobody is forcing anyone to keep their monthly subscription - if the video quality is so horrible and you don't like the channel subscription there are tons of other streaming providers out there.

Consumers have a right to timely service and information *if* there is any new information to be provided and *if* giving out that information would make a difference. Sometimes it is better not to give out every little detail on what is going on as it paints you into a corner when those plans fall through for unforeseen reasons - see the Prime 6 issues. If they could go back in time and take back that early announcement I'd bet they would. The same is true of declaring the roadmap for Phase 2, laying out what new channels are coming, or planning to fix video quality issues when it isn't even a known quantity if you'll have the same upstream provider available to you.
[/quote]

Please show me another streaming service that uses Hdhomeruns. I like many have bought extra SD products specifically for Premium tv.

zaytar

Postby zaytar » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:39 am

Please show me another streaming service that uses Hdhomeruns. I like many have bought extra SD products specifically for Premium tv.
Never said there was one.

If you bought HDHomerun tuners solely based on Premium TV, and you're not happy, then sell it and move on. There are others who will gladly buy what you have and you'll most like recoup most of your cost. I recently sold some Extends for near retail on eBay after starting them at $30.

If you are pissed at SD about the missing channels and those channels were a deal breaker, move on. I understand some people need their channels because it was why they switched from product X to Premium TV. If that is the case and you can't wait for whatever SD decides to do then move on. Stop your subscription and sign up for another service that has what you need. Keep the HDHomeruns for OTA or don't - nobody is forcing you to be an unhappy customer.

Not talking about you specifically, but there is no point in the endless angry posts about how SD is somehow hiding information, how the billing mistake is such a big deal, where is my Prime6, etc, etc. If anyone is that unhappy with *any* company, move on - life is too short to keep endlessly complaining and there are other alternatives that might suit you better.

I'm not happy about the channels being unavailable but I'm getting the credit promised and I'm willing to wait for the outcome.

EDIT: Fixing quote and to add more clarity to what I'm saying.

d21mike

Postby d21mike » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:37 am

Sigh - nobody said anything about the billing issue requiring an NDA. The billing issue was a mistake, credits are being issued, your post history shows that you know this.
I'm not happy about the channels being unavailable but I'm getting the credit promised and I'm willing to wait for the outcome.
I know those were not directed at me but this is my main question. I simply want to know the "promised" policy from SD. I just signed up for the service on 01/30/2019 expecting to pay $24.99 based on comments here. But it said the cost would be $34.99 with no mention of the $10 credit until the channels come back. Based on your comments and others I am expecting to get a $10 credit. But I would prefer to see something on this forum (or via email) from SD stating that the price is indeed $24.99 until the channels come back and if I do not get the $10 credit it is indeed a mistake. I apologize if I simply missed it so if you can point me to that "promise" from SD I would really appreciate it. If no, do you think it is too much to ask SD for a clarification? Others have been asking for this clarification for at least before I signed up and SD had been silent.

Regarding missing channels. For me I decided to sign up for a supplemental service costing $16 per month giving me all of the missing channels and more at least until the missing channels come back. It is not as nice as having them within Premium TV but it does satisfy my requirement and the extra cost is not much (especially at $24.99). For me I am dropping FiOS TV with two HDHomeRun Prime Cable Cards. Even though that was perfect for my wife she is ok with my switching for the cost savings even with a little inconvenience. And to clarify, these two options are my ONLY choice to be able to continue using the Channels DVR/App on our 8 Apple TV's.

zaytar

Postby zaytar » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:42 am

I know those were not directed at me but this is my main question. I simply want to know the "promised" policy from SD. I just signed up for the service on 01/30/2019 expecting to pay $24.99 based on comments here. But it said the cost would be $34.99 with no mention of the $10 credit until the channels come back. Based on your comments and others I am expecting to get a $10 credit. But I would prefer to see something on this forum (or via email) from SD stating that the price is indeed $24.99 until the channels come back and if I do not get the $10 credit it is indeed a mistake. I apologize if I simply missed it so if you can point me to that "promise" from SD I would really appreciate it. If no, do you think it is too much to ask SD for a clarification? Others have been asking for this clarification for at least before I signed up and SD had been silent.
From earlier in this same thread from an actual SD employee where they confirm the credit is supposed to be in place and where they are working on fixing the billing when people were overcharged.

viewtopic.php?f=129&t=70491#p335711

viewtopic.php?f=129&t=70491&p=336441#p336441

[removed by moderator]

ACraigo
Device ID: 1062E8EE

Postby ACraigo » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:58 am

[removed by moderator]

zaytar

Postby zaytar » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:07 pm

[removed by moderator]

que2

Postby que2 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:16 am

I would like to sign up for Premium TV @24.99 for the channels which are currently in service however what SD is currently advertising on the website is 34.99. Is there any reason SD doesn't update the website to reflect the current pricing for reduced channel lineup? I'm not really thrilled with the idea of having to request a credit. The channel lineup has been reduced, just lower the price.

satinkzo

Postby satinkzo » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:44 am

I'd come back if the credit stuff was eliminated and just make a go with current channels. I am tired of two months in a row dealing with no credit automatically.

dinki

Postby dinki » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:33 am

I'm discontinuing my service as well. Found an alternative for half price that contains most of the channels we watch. Hate having to watch the commercials but certainly will live with it for now.

d21mike

Postby d21mike » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:03 pm

I would like to sign up for Premium TV @24.99 for the channels which are currently in service however what SD is currently advertising on the website is 34.99. Is there any reason SD doesn't update the website to reflect the current pricing for reduced channel lineup? I'm not really thrilled with the idea of having to request a credit. The channel lineup has been reduced, just lower the price.
I recommend you open a ticket with SD so you can receive a personal answer to your question. That is what I did and I expect to get a credit as previous customers are getting even if I have to request it. I signed up on 01/30/2019 and my trial ends in a couple of days. I will report back if I do not get the credit as expected.

I believe (was not told) the reason they do not lower the price on the web site to $24.99 is because they fully intend to drop the $10 credit at some point. Hopefully that will be tied to getting the channels back.

d21mike

Postby d21mike » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:46 am

I recommend you open a ticket with SD so you can receive a personal answer to your question. That is what I did and I expect to get a credit as previous customers are getting even if I have to request it. I signed up on 01/30/2019 and my trial ends in a couple of days. I will report back if I do not get the credit as expected.

I believe (was not told) the reason they do not lower the price on the web site to $24.99 is because they fully intend to drop the $10 credit at some point. Hopefully that will be tied to getting the channels back.
I can report back that I did get the $10 credit but I had to request it instead of being automatic. So, they are still offering the $10 credit to new customers. I signed up on 01/30/19 as stated in my prior post. I am happy they are offering the $10 credit under the circumstances. However, like others I would prefer having the missing channels back and with the possibility of additional channels. I would also like to see STAGE 2 with better picture quality.

Return to “HDHomeRun Premium TV”