BitDefender Total Security

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
LouKnew

BitDefender Total Security

Postby LouKnew » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:37 pm

Hello people ...So i looked around and can not find any answer to my question regarding Bit-defender total security blocking my HDhomerun Prime on my Windows 10 Desktop PC that is connected though Ethernet..... maybe some here can help me .. :roll: i know for sure its the Bitdefender antivirus software because when i uninstall it everything works perfect again :evil: ...So my question is what is the hdhomeprime.exe location or "whatever its named" so i can unblock the hdhomerun app though the BDprogram... i really like the BDsoftware so i dont want to get rid of it... :D
thx
-Lou
[URL=https://s53.photobucket.com/user/LouKne ... f.png.html]Image[/URL

NedS
Silicondust

Re: BitDefender Total Security

Postby NedS » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:27 pm

If you are using the HDHomeRun DVR software, there's this:

viewtopic.php?t=67931
If you use Bitdefender anti-virus you will have problems tuning channels due to Bitdefender's process. You can use Bitdefender exclusions to resolve the problem.

If you also use a Win10 server for HDHR DVR and use Bitdefender on this system, you must create the following Bitdefender exclusions to enable proper server behavior: folder exclusion for exclude folder c:\Program Files\WindowsApps\EF712BA7.HDHomeRunDVR_1.1.255.0_x64__23nna27hyxhag, as well as a program exclusion for c:\Program Files\Silicondust\hdhomerun\hdhomerun_record.exe.

Exclusions must be created on a Win10 client running Bitdefender AV. Create a folder exclusion for the c:\Program Files\WindowsApps\EF712BA7.HDHomeRunDVR_1.1.255.0_x64__23nna27hyxhag on Win10 clients running Bitdefender AV, and the clients will work as expected. This assumes the server side exclusions are implemented if Bitdefender is running in that environment.

These file and folder locations can be found by querying TaskManager while the applications and foreground processes are running.

LouKnew

Re: BitDefender Total Security

Postby LouKnew » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:40 am

Omg this I do not understand …..add fold to pc what....=viewtopic.php?t=67931
I did add these c:\Program Files\WindowsApps\EF712BA7.HDHomeRunDVR_1.1.255.0_x64__23nna27hyxhag, and c:\Program Files\Silicondust\hdhomerun\hdhomerun_record.exe. :?

Told BD to ignore and added them 2 the firewall but still nothing////and I did reboot...lol :oops:

Return to “HDHomeRun Hardware Setup & Troubleshooting”