Synology SPK for DVR Record Engine

Downloads & Instructions
demonrik
Device ID: 108042A1, 10814D8E

Re: Synology SPK for DVR Record Engine

Post by demonrik »

jasonic8 wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:59 pm Where did the link to the Manager webpage go - it's no longer showing in the package centre.
Just confirming latest DSM update seems to have removed it..
Will investigate once I return home later this week - see if it's just a new setting or something.

fletchb1

Post by fletchb1 »

I have been redoing the rooms in my house a little at time for past 2.5 years and just now moved my networking equip from the temporary room back into the room we just finished (well 99%). And for a second I forgot that I did not have to manually log into putty anymore and restart the DVR like in the past. Yep your app is still working great!

A few days ago I got a message from synology to update my php. Just wanted to check first to make sure that is ok?

The new version is PHP 7.0.33-0028

Thanks again.

demonrik

Post by demonrik »

fletchb1 wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:55 pm I have been redoing the rooms in my house a little at time for past 2.5 years and just now moved my networking equip from the temporary room back into the room we just finished (well 99%). And for a second I forgot that I did not have to manually log into putty anymore and restart the DVR like in the past. Yep your app is still working great!

A few days ago I got a message from synology to update my php. Just wanted to check first to make sure that is ok?

Thanks again.
I updated over weekend - all ok :)

paulpoli

Post by paulpoli »

I'm just checking... Is there any updated versions to this package? I have version Version:0.4.2-20180817 but not sure where to look or how to update if there is a new release.

Thank you in advance,

Paul

demonrik

Post by demonrik »

paulpoli wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:05 pm I'm just checking... Is there any updated versions to this package? I have version Version:0.4.2-20180817 but not sure where to look or how to update if there is a new release.

Thank you in advance,

Paul
that's the latest package.
It doesn't really update very much unless the engine gets updated.

kellyjsanders86

Port: Synology SPK for DVR Record Engine

Post by kellyjsanders86 »

I've followed the guidance in this thread and all seems to be working perfect. Two questions:

1) My config doesn't have the Port listed in it and the Synology HDHomeRun DVR Managers lists Port as path not set. Does this matter? Seems to be working fine anyway.

2) I had a previous windows to NAS install. Do I need to clear out any old files place on my NAS by the SD Windows install? Or is stopping that engine enough?

Thanks and this is working wonderfully!

fletchb1

Post by fletchb1 »

demonrik wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:17 pm
fletchb1 wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:55 pm I have been redoing the rooms in my house a little at time for past 2.5 years and just now moved my networking equip from the temporary room back into the room we just finished (well 99%). And for a second I forgot that I did not have to manually log into putty anymore and restart the DVR like in the past. Yep your app is still working great!

Thanks again.
I updated over weekend - all ok :)
Thanks just wanted to verify before I let it update.
regards...

ballzd33p

Post by ballzd33p »

demonrik wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:46 pm
Jwestover wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:45 pm I’m trying to find how to relocate my HD Homerun folder from Volume 1 to my shared folders so I can more easily manage my recordings. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!
Here's something I have put together, but waiting for someone to verify before I add to the workarounds

On Synology they lock down a lot. so we have to add the right permissions to get things started.
So first things first.. disable the DVR (via UI or app center) and ssh to the NAS and login as your admin user.
I'm going to assume that everything on your NAS is located on /volume1/ - adjust to volume[1-9] as needed.

Now we need to add the admin access control list (ACL) with

Code: Select all

sudo synoacltool -add /volume1/HDHomeRunDVR group:administrators:allow:rwxpdDaARWc--:fd—
This will now allow us to actually add it as a share
So back to the DSM web interface, log in, and
- open Control Panel
- open Shared Folder
- select 'Create'
- enter the name of the folder, e.g. HDHomeRunDVR
- uncheck 'Restrict Access to administrators only'
- uncheck 'Enable Recycle Bin'
- click 'Next', then click 'Apply'

Now you should have the share in filestation and be able to access it from other PCs in your network.

The final thing we need to do, is just quickly ensure that the http user still has access for the engine.
So back to ssh and enter

Code: Select all

sudo synoacltool -add /volume1/HDHomeRunDVR group:http:allow:rwxpdDaARWc--:fd--
All should be ok at this point - time to restart the DVR engine..

let me know if this works for you
demonrikToday at 12:27 PM
you could always point Plex Server at either solution.. but if you need to get share to expose you can either create new share, add the permissions and move the recordpath.. OR... add the Recordpath to the shares...

I wanted to modify the default record path to a new location, rather than modify the existing record path.

1) stop engine via engine UI -or- DSM
2) modify record path via engine UI
3) copy contents of old location into new location via SSH, using a CP command (if needed)
4) update sharing permission on new record path via SSH (engine uses HTTP as login)
5) start engine via UI

Voila. I originally got "DVR failure", until i completed step 4.

fossil110

Post by fossil110 »

I wanted to modify the default record path to a new location, rather than modify the existing record path.

1) stop engine via engine UI -or- DSM
2) modify record path via engine UI
3) copy contents of old location into new location via SSH, using a CP command (if needed)
4) update sharing permission on new record path via SSH (engine uses HTTP as login)
5) start engine via UI

Voila. I originally got "DVR failure", until i completed step 4.
New to the forum, I have tried all sorts of things to make the default record folder (HDHomeRundDVR) a share or move the recording path to a shared folder with no luck. Tried lots of different things from a symbolic link to synoactool. When I try to get into the engine UI I get error 500. I have moved the engine and all related programs from volume2 (SSD) to volume1 where the raid is but still no luck. Any ideas? I can record to the hidden folder and playback as normal.

Beerman

Post by Beerman »

I never got around to installing your SPK for my Synology so.................do I need to stop or delete the current HDHR install or if I install your package, will it just overwrite things without any conflicts?
Thanks for sharing your hard work!

demonrik

Post by demonrik »

Beerman wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:21 pm I never got around to installing your SPK for my Synology so.................do I need to stop or delete the current HDHR install or if I install your package, will it just overwrite things without any conflicts?
Thanks for sharing your hard work!
Stop current HDHR engine
Install SPK

Described on first page here viewtopic.php?p=309572#p309572

Then you need to decide if you need to bring over recordings, change RecordPath, expose as a share.
I'm trying to add info on those kind of things to another post on the first page here
viewtopic.php?p=309570#p309570

Beerman

Post by Beerman »

I am getting an "Unable to play channel DVR Failure' so I obviously did something wrong. I think I am missing the config file as I don't find it anywhere. Sometimes I feel so stupid!

demonrik

Post by demonrik »

Beerman wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:20 pm I am getting an "Unable to play channel DVR Failure' so I obviously did something wrong. I think I am missing the config file as I don't find it anywhere. Sometimes I feel so stupid!
The config file is hidden away with the installer.
Unable to play channel suggests either engine can't find the tuners.... Or the wrong permissions.
Did u change record path? Or just default?

Beerman

Post by Beerman »

Default.
I can't seem to SSH in to root. Won't accept my password. For now I am back to the original old way and will try again later after my Friday recordings are completed.
Thanks for your help.

Beerman

Post by Beerman »

Can I just use sudo -i after I log in as admin?