Using HDHomeRun PRIME 3 tuner Firmware 20180817 getting error

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
apauna

Using HDHomeRun PRIME 3 tuner Firmware 20180817 getting error

Postby apauna » Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:46 pm

Hello,

I am new to SD LiveTv and attempted to use the PRIME with 3 tuners. The site allowed me to link it to the account for live tv http://my.hdhomerun.com/account/registe ... ationCode=. That link will not work as I took out the Activation code. Anyway, when running HomeRun Windows 10 app I see it detects my device and probes it. Then after a long while an error appears
https://api.hdhomerun.com/api/guide?Dev ... Length=160 failed

Is this because the PRIME 3 tuner version is not supported only the 6 TUNER version is supported?Image

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F

Re: Using HDHomeRun PRIME 3 tuner Firmware 20180817 getting error

Postby signcarver » Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:16 pm

Reboot the prime to get another DeviceAuth as your picture appears to show it (never share your DeviceAuth ) and some platforms may not like the / in the DeviceAuth. (I always suggest when manually using such to urlencode such symbols (ie a / would be replaced by %2F, a space by %20 etc )as I have seen some platforms behave strangely when not sent right (there was one browser i used that always had trouble with a + in the code)

Also make sure to run a channel scan and that the prime isn't showing any error in its log about contacting SD (its been awhile since one reported it but believe it logged as a webclient error)

Edit: I mentioned the channel scan as to get guide they must have a lineup. If you happen to not have a cablecard and rely on clear qam, make sure you have real numbers and names from the scan as the 5000 channels wont be mapped

apauna

Postby apauna » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:29 pm

I no longer have cable so cablecard is not available. Yes, that is an old DeviceAuth still not able to get any channels on the live tv. So do you have to have channels on the cable side of this device? I would like to replace cable with the live tv option, but the last response seems to indicate you have to have cable too. Is that the case?

rpcameron

Postby rpcameron » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:46 pm

The Prime requires a cable feed. It does not work with OTA ATSC. Also, the Prime is not compatible SD's Premium TV; you need a Connect or other recent OTA tuner for that service.

apauna

Postby apauna » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:44 pm

The Prime requires a cable feed. It does not work with OTA ATSC. Also, the Prime is not compatible SD's Premium TV; you need a Connect or other recent OTA tuner for that service.
That is what I was wondering the Premium TV only works with Connect, Extend and Prime 6. It will not work with Prime 3. Thanks for the input.

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F

Postby signcarver » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:39 pm

I had not heard that the prime 6 would have premium tv and such would be a mess to implement with current numbering except for comcast on west coast. The spec sheet also plainly states "Not intended for use with HDHomeRun PremiumTV service"

apauna

Postby apauna » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:42 am

I had not heard that the prime 6 would have premium tv and such would be a mess to implement with current numbering except for comcast on west coast. The spec sheet also plainly states "Not intended for use with HDHomeRun PremiumTV service"
Ok, that does it I will update my statement and also my website to remove Prime from the list altogether. Thanks, all for the info I will continue to monitor this thread for any new developments. Really wish SD would open the Premium Live TV streaming to app only. No device directly needed. For now, Extend or Connect devices sound like the way to go to get the Premium Live TV option working. Thanks again for the input!

apauna

Postby apauna » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:07 pm

Why does this have to be so difficult! I wish SD would open up Premium TV to android and other devices without having to have specific HD HomeRun devices connected to my network. I just ordered another device I thought was a CONNECT DUO off EBay and it turns out being a HDHomeRun DUO Model HDHR3-US no CONNECT!!! Now I am out of my freeview window with SD and was billed for the service. Have to talk to SD about that in another thread! Not happy :evil:

nateb
Silicondust
Device ID: 1051C73D, 10759F29

Postby nateb » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:34 pm

Why does this have to be so difficult! I wish SD would open up Premium TV to android and other devices without having to have specific HD HomeRun devices connected to my network. I just ordered another device I thought was a CONNECT DUO off EBay and it turns out being a HDHomeRun DUO Model HDHR3-US no CONNECT!!! Now I am out of my freeview window with SD and was billed for the service. Have to talk to SD about that in another thread! Not happy :evil:
Contact support@silicondust.com. If you were never able to watch the channels, we should be able to fix it.

Return to “HDHomeRun Software Setup & Troubleshooting (Live & DVR)”