DRM Windows 10 app C# embed

Want to write your own code to work with a HDHomeRun or work with the HDHomeRun DVR? We are happy to help with concepts, APIs, best practices.
stealthrt

Re: DRM Windows 10 app C# embed

Postby stealthrt » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:39 pm

@nateb I’m unable to send you a reply. Please send your email and I’ll get back to you and discuss another way to go about this.

nickk
Silicondust

Postby nickk » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:50 pm

@nateb I’m unable to send you a reply. Please send your email and I’ll get back to you and discuss another way to go about this.
I have updated your account and removed the new-user restrictions. PM should work now.

Nick

stealthrt

Postby stealthrt » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:27 am

I’ve been waiting for Nate to reply back to my PM I sent dec 3rd. Hopefully this post will send him an email and remind him that I sent him something.

stealthrt

Postby stealthrt » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:15 am

I have updated your account and removed the new-user restrictions. PM should work now.

Nick
Nick is there any way you can get in touch with Nate about my last pm I sent him with a suggestion?

stealthrt

Postby stealthrt » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:21 am

Anyone?

stealthrt

Postby stealthrt » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:26 am

From my pm with Nate that I am waiting on a reply for:
if you could just make some type of parameters when starting your app that would allow me to send it channel numbers and without the tv list to the right side and bottom. In other words just have the stream within your current app but without the listings to the right side and lower bottom. Just the stream and that’s all. Plus the ability to send numbers in order to change channels.

Also including a parameter that puts the stream in full screen at launch would also help.

A bonus would be creating a shortcut to allow me to have no stream playing (aka I’m running Netflix or whatnot and don’t want to have to load up your program again) just something that releases it from using cpu/ram until I need it again to watch tv. And naturally some other shortcut to start the stream again.

The above would do just fine for my needs. I just didn’t want all that stuff on the screen when only thing I wanted was the stream itself and nothing more.

If you can do the above then that will be fine by m

rpcameron

Postby rpcameron » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:53 am

If you need a custom solution, then I recommend contacting SD for a contract to build your app for you. But embedding their video display in your app most likely runs afoul of their CableLabs certification which allows them to present DRM content in the first place.

Other companies have the ability to play DRM content on Windows as well, such as CyberLink. Have you sought them out as well, as it seems unlikely you'll be able to get what you want from SD.

stealthrt

Postby stealthrt » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:08 pm

It’s not going to be embedded. Did you read my previous post??

rpcameron

Postby rpcameron » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:50 pm

It’s not going to be embedded. Did you read my previous post??
So essentially you want a special version of their software that:
  • Disables the guide
  • Allows a command line switch to designate a starting channel
  • Allows for some type of IPC or other custom interface/socket to send commands to facilitate channel changes
No, I understood your post. SD currently offers the tools for you to roll your own version of this with less than hour of effort. The only downsise is that DRM content is only available through their client and not the libraries. Since you feel that your needs are so special and unique, I commented on other avenues of achieving your goals; SD's software does not provide the features you desire.

stealthrt

Postby stealthrt » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:18 am

In need of speaking to Nick but we are unable to be at the phone at the same time. Would like to continue our chat via PM, Nick.

jachin99

Postby jachin99 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:48 pm

It's kind of a nasty solution but maybe you could intercept keystrokes while the channel is playing to disable the slice guide etc.

rrussis82

Postby rrussis82 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:00 pm

It's kind of a nasty solution but maybe you could intercept keystrokes while the channel is playing to disable the slice guide etc.
Will you letter it or divide it?

rrussis82

Postby rrussis82 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:09 am

Will you letter it or divide it?
jachin99, guess I made an assumption based on your user name, disregard.

Return to “Development Support”