(OLD) Unofficial Kodi PVR Client for HDHomeRun DVR subscribers

Kodi Community Development

Moderator: TVJunkie198

Locked
djp952
Posts: 819
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:46 pm
Device ID: 131EB7F7;131ED0E0
Location: Elkridge, MD

Re: Unofficial Kodi PVR Client for HDHomeRun DVR subscribers

Post by djp952 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:26 pm

johnny_swindle wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:06 pm
@djp952

Thank you so much for this add on..........

I am not sure where you live but if you are ever in south Louisiana, send me a PM and let me know. Around of drinks and a meal are on me.

Johnny
Will do! LA is on the list for someday, I think I have 16 states left! This fall I finally got a complete coast-to-coast East/West path, if you don't mind going through Idaho to get to Washington, that is :) I've actually never been to ANY of the states in your neck of the woods - no Mississippi, no Arkansas, but I can finally claim Texas - Austin was fun! A touch humid. Also a great deal of bats :)

jhford
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 3:56 pm

libhdhomerundvr.so

Post by jhford » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:48 am

I just sideloaded the Android apks to 4 devices: Amazon Fire Stick, Amazon Fire HD 10 2017 tablet, Amazon Fire HD 8 2018 tablet, and a Nexus 7 2013 (deb) (N7). They all run fine except the N7 which displays the following:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KQJeJ ... vFREYrJ2-A

I tried this but the paths are wrong.
adb shell
cd /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/pvr.hdhomerundvr
cp libhdhomerundvr.so /data/app/org.xbmc.kodi-1/lib/{arch}/
cd /data/app.org.xbmc.kodi-1/lib/{arch}/
chown libhdhomerundvr.so system:system
chmod 0755 libhdhomerundvr.so

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

djp952
Posts: 819
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:46 pm
Device ID: 131EB7F7;131ED0E0
Location: Elkridge, MD

Re: libhdhomerundvr.so

Post by djp952 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:52 pm

jhford wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:48 am
I just sideloaded the Android apks to 4 devices: Amazon Fire Stick, Amazon Fire HD 10 2017 tablet, Amazon Fire HD 8 2018 tablet, and a Nexus 7 2013 (deb) (N7). They all run fine except the N7 which displays the following:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KQJeJ ... vFREYrJ2-A

I tried this but the paths are wrong.
adb shell
cd /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/pvr.hdhomerundvr
cp libhdhomerundvr.so /data/app/org.xbmc.kodi-1/lib/{arch}/
cd /data/app.org.xbmc.kodi-1/lib/{arch}/
chown libhdhomerundvr.so system:system
chmod 0755 libhdhomerundvr.so

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
I recall something like this in the past on an Android device, and Nexus 7 does ring a bell, I think somebody tracked it down to being a problem with the device's framebuffer driver. It wasn't the PVR in and of itself (it doesn't do anything with graphics). If you install just plain vanilla Kodi I think you will unfortunately run into the same issue. Best suggestion I can make at this time would be to try the Jarvis APK. Jarvis targets a much older Android base version (SDK17) than Krypton and Leia do, it's possible it will work better for you.

You actually had some Nexus 7 issues about 20 pages back that I don't think I responded to, I was MIA at the time. Has any version of Kodi worked on your tablet OK?

Side question: are you installing the repackaged APK I provide or using stock Kodi and then doing those manual steps over ADB? If you use the repackaged .APK all you need to do is enable the PVR in settings. Also FYI I am in the process of updating the wiki pages to include much better instructions. Non-APK instructions are finished and much better :) APK instructions are pending -- I need to grab a ton of screen shots

Sorry I can't be much more help, I don't have a Nexus 7 to try anything on. I will set up a Nexus 7 emulator and see if that does the same thing, but the emulator uses different graphics drivers than a real device :(

jhford
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 3:56 pm

Re: Unofficial Kodi PVR Client for HDHomeRun DVR subscribers

Post by jhford » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:29 pm

I always use your kodi build. I'll try Jarvis and report back.

EDIT.
Where is Jarvis hiding your PVR stuff? I hate the Confluence skin compared to the Krypton default skin. Your Krypton is so simple to use. I'm lost.

djp952
Posts: 819
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:46 pm
Device ID: 131EB7F7;131ED0E0
Location: Elkridge, MD

Re: Unofficial Kodi PVR Client for HDHomeRun DVR subscribers

Post by djp952 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:33 pm

jhford wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:29 pm
I always use your kodi build. I'll try Jarvis and report back.

EDIT.
Where is Jarvis hiding your PVR stuff? I hate the Confluence skin compared to the Krypton default skin. Your Krypton is so simple to use. I'm lost.
OMG I know. Confluence is so very different. Jarvis also makes you turn on TV after the PVR has been enabled.

To enable the add-on in Jarvis:
  • SYSTEM/Settings
  • Addons
  • My Addons
  • PVR Clients
  • HDHomeRun DVR PVR Client
  • Enable
To get to the TV settings use these screen shots: https://github.com/djp952/pvr.hdhomerun ... odi-Jarvis
Skip the part about installing the .zip file, of course, but that has a visual guide on how to turn on TV and get to the Kodi PVR settings. You will notice the ".APK" section is completely blank at the bottom, that's what I'm working on next.

So it works on Jarvis?

jhford
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 3:56 pm

Re: Unofficial Kodi PVR Client for HDHomeRun DVR subscribers

Post by jhford » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:35 am

djp952 wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:33 pm
jhford wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:29 pm
I always use your kodi build. I'll try Jarvis and report back.

EDIT.
Where is Jarvis hiding your PVR stuff? I hate the Confluence skin compared to the Krypton default skin. Your Krypton is so simple to use. I'm lost.
OMG I know. Confluence is so very different. Jarvis also makes you turn on TV after the PVR has been enabled.

To enable the add-on in Jarvis:
  • SYSTEM/Settings
  • Addons
  • My Addons
  • PVR Clients
  • HDHomeRun DVR PVR Client
  • Enable
To get to the TV settings use these screen shots: https://github.com/djp952/pvr.hdhomerun ... odi-Jarvis
Skip the part about installing the .zip file, of course, but that has a visual guide on how to turn on TV and get to the Kodi PVR settings. You will notice the ".APK" section is completely blank at the bottom, that's what I'm working on next.

So it works on Jarvis?
No. I doesn't work on Jarvis. I was going to return my Black Friday Amazon Fire HD 8 2018 tablet, but I'll have to keep it since your PVR runs perfectly on it using Krypton. Please advise if the N7 issues are ever solved. Thanks

djp952
Posts: 819
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:46 pm
Device ID: 131EB7F7;131ED0E0
Location: Elkridge, MD

Re: Unofficial Kodi PVR Client for HDHomeRun DVR subscribers

Post by djp952 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:36 pm

jhford wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:35 am
No. I doesn't work on Jarvis. I was going to return my Black Friday Amazon Fire HD 8 2018 tablet, but I'll have to keep it since your PVR runs perfectly on it using Krypton. Please advise if the N7 issues are ever solved. Thanks
Does it go wonky immediately or only if you try to play/stream videos? Just wondering. Based on the image it looks like Kodi is a total loss on that device.

Ken.F
Posts: 2075
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:20 am
Device ID: 1041A706, 1043EB32, 104BAD9E, 13168DC5, 1322A7AC
Location: West Rockhill, PA

Re: Unofficial Kodi PVR Client for HDHomeRun DVR subscribers

Post by Ken.F » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:31 pm

Skip forward and back seems to be broken when playing a recording in progress in Leia RC2 and RC3 (64-bit) on my Win7 PC.

jhford
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 3:56 pm

Re: Unofficial Kodi PVR Client for HDHomeRun DVR subscribers

Post by jhford » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:37 pm

djp952 wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:36 pm
jhford wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:35 am
No. I doesn't work on Jarvis. I was going to return my Black Friday Amazon Fire HD 8 2018 tablet, but I'll have to keep it since your PVR runs perfectly on it using Krypton. Please advise if the N7 issues are ever solved. Thanks
Does it go wonky immediately or only if you try to play/stream videos? Just wondering. Based on the image it looks like Kodi is a total loss on that device.
Immediately.

djp952
Posts: 819
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:46 pm
Device ID: 131EB7F7;131ED0E0
Location: Elkridge, MD

Re: Unofficial Kodi PVR Client for HDHomeRun DVR subscribers

Post by djp952 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:11 pm

Ken.F wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:31 pm
Skip forward and back seems to be broken when playing a recording in progress in Leia RC2 and RC3 (64-bit) on my Win7 PC.
I'll see what I can do about this. Recordings in progress are considered as "Live TV" to the PVR based on the HTTP headers returned, probably just a logic error on my part.

No issues with truly "Live TV" or already completed Recordings and seek on Leia?

Ken.F
Posts: 2075
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:20 am
Device ID: 1041A706, 1043EB32, 104BAD9E, 13168DC5, 1322A7AC
Location: West Rockhill, PA

Re: Unofficial Kodi PVR Client for HDHomeRun DVR subscribers

Post by Ken.F » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:33 am

djp952 wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:11 pm
No issues with truly "Live TV" or already completed Recordings and seek on Leia?
Skipping forward and backward in completed recordings and live TV seems to work correctly.

clarkss12
Posts: 1190
Joined: Sat May 11, 2013 11:51 am
Device ID: 104CBEA5 ;1055A951
Location: Michigan, USA
Contact:

Re: Unofficial Kodi PVR Client for HDHomeRun DVR subscribers

Post by clarkss12 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:50 am

I did a new install of CoreELEC on one of my Amlogic S912 boxes, but this addon will not load. Tried this one first, as it should be the one that works, but no go. Said it is missing some files, don't remember what.

zuki.pvr.hdhomerundvr-linux-armhf-leia-1.3.7.6917

I even tried the other two, but obviously, they are not made for my devices.

zuki.pvr.hdhomerundvr-linux-armel-leia-1.3.7.6917

zuki.pvr.hdhomerundvr-linux-aarch64-leia-1.3.7.6917

Ken.F
Posts: 2075
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:20 am
Device ID: 1041A706, 1043EB32, 104BAD9E, 13168DC5, 1322A7AC
Location: West Rockhill, PA

Re: Unofficial Kodi PVR Client for HDHomeRun DVR subscribers

Post by Ken.F » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:34 am

clarkss12 wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:50 am
I did a new install of CoreELEC on one of my Amlogic S912 boxes, but this addon will not load. Tried this one first, as it should be the one that works, but no go. Said it is missing some files, don't remember what.

zuki.pvr.hdhomerundvr-linux-armhf-leia-1.3.7.6917
That one works fine on my Raspberry Pis running LibreELEC. Maybe something happened during the download. Have you tried re-downloading it?

clarkss12
Posts: 1190
Joined: Sat May 11, 2013 11:51 am
Device ID: 104CBEA5 ;1055A951
Location: Michigan, USA
Contact:

Re: Unofficial Kodi PVR Client for HDHomeRun DVR subscribers

Post by clarkss12 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:43 am

Ken.F wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:34 am
clarkss12 wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:50 am
I did a new install of CoreELEC on one of my Amlogic S912 boxes, but this addon will not load. Tried this one first, as it should be the one that works, but no go. Said it is missing some files, don't remember what.

zuki.pvr.hdhomerundvr-linux-armhf-leia-1.3.7.6917
That one works fine on my Raspberry Pis running LibreELEC. Maybe something happened during the download. Have you tried re-downloading it?
I am running CoreELEC, Kodi 18 RC 2.

clarkss12
Posts: 1190
Joined: Sat May 11, 2013 11:51 am
Device ID: 104CBEA5 ;1055A951
Location: Michigan, USA
Contact:

Re: Unofficial Kodi PVR Client for HDHomeRun DVR subscribers

Post by clarkss12 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:45 am

clarkss12 wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:43 am
Ken.F wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:34 am
clarkss12 wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:50 am
I did a new install of CoreELEC on one of my Amlogic S912 boxes, but this addon will not load. Tried this one first, as it should be the one that works, but no go. Said it is missing some files, don't remember what.

zuki.pvr.hdhomerundvr-linux-armhf-leia-1.3.7.6917
That one works fine on my Raspberry Pis running LibreELEC. Maybe something happened during the download. Have you tried re-downloading it?
I am running CoreELEC, Kodi 18 RC 2. It is missing some dependency, something about PVR file, but too fast to see any details.

Locked