Hallmark Channel - screw ups

Support for and discussion of the HDHomeRun Premium TV service
swipprecht

Re: Hallmark Channel - screw ups

Postby swipprecht » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:44 am

If its a matter of it being down its one thing

If it is gone than i need money back as that channel is the single reason i have premium right now
It is down, not gone. We expect it to be back this week. If we do ever actually lose a channel, we'll post the news here first.
Nate - thanks for letting us know it's being worked, and I echo the sentiments of those who appreciate that the support staff was given the holiday weekend off. Can you tell us anything more about what's happening? What's the problem? Is it a problem on Hallmark's end? Thanks!

Wildcat_1

Postby Wildcat_1 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:32 pm

@nateb any update you can share on Hallmark ?

jseymour

Postby jseymour » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:38 am

@nateb any update you can share on Hallmark ?
Premium TV Service - Health/Status

mike3

Postby mike3 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:06 pm

So for some of you to know, this appears to be an Omniverse problem.

This chat was pulled from another service that uses the same backend as Silicon Dust.

----------
Are you guys having problems with the Hallmark channel?
Which is your location?
yes, there is an outage for that channels
It will be fine soon
As in today?
Yes
Okay. I take it it's an Omniverse backend problem?
Yes, you are right
----------

swipprecht

Postby swipprecht » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:29 pm

On the following topic @nickk says the issue is resolved, but I'm still not seeing it. Anyone else?

viewtopic.php?f=129&t=69262

nateb
Silicondust
Device ID: 1051C73D, 10759F29

Postby nateb » Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:18 pm

On the following topic @nickk says the issue is resolved, but I'm still not seeing it. Anyone else?

viewtopic.php?f=129&t=69262
Ah, no, each post in the health forum thread is its own topic. There was an issue a day or two ago that's unrelated and now resolved. Hallmark is not yet resolved. I'm hoping to have more info (or just good info) by the end of today. I'll update that post either way. Right now we are waiting to hear back from upstream.

Zig

Postby Zig » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:01 pm

[TOS VIOLATION: multiple forum accounts]

PlanetIX

Postby PlanetIX » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:51 pm

This article sheds some light on Omniverse: https://www.techhive.com/article/330943 ... vices.html

Explains a lot. As for the outage, who knows. The article isn't exactly encouraging about Omniverse and the numerous smaller TV services - including Silicon Dust - that leverage it.

This outage isn't Silicon Dusts' fault....but it is absolutely their responsibility to their users. They are the ones offering the service and collecting revenue from it.

[removed by moderator - see forum rules]

Losing Hallmark during the only time of the year most people watch it could be considered A) Disappointing B) An improbable coincidence or C) is kind of hilarious. Pick one, or all three, whatever suits you.

schieving

Postby schieving » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:22 pm

so, Nick or anyone at SD, what is the status of this "Outage" I just bought a brand new extend for this and I really want Hallmark. Any news would be appreciated..

nateb
Silicondust

Postby nateb » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:45 pm

so, Nick or anyone at SD, what is the status of this "Outage" I just bought a brand new extend for this and I really want Hallmark. Any news would be appreciated..
The news has not changed. The lawyers from upstream are talking to the lawyers from the provider. We don't know much else.

mikesalz

Postby mikesalz » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:49 am

Nick/Nate,
I understand it is in the hands of the lawyers now. Is there a contingency plan if this falls through? Is there another route you can go to provide a fuller selection of channels? Or if this doesn't work out, we're stuck with what we have?

spencer777

Postby spencer777 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:24 pm

Nick/Nate,
I understand it is in the hands of the lawyers now. Is there a contingency plan if this falls through? Is there another route you can go to provide a fuller selection of channels? Or if this doesn't work out, we're stuck with what we have?
they said over a month ago that new channels were coming in 30 days

nateb
Silicondust

Postby nateb » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:31 pm

Nick/Nate,
they said over a month ago that new channels were coming in 30 days
The channels we are working to add are not the equivalent of the missing channels. At the moment we still think this will eventually resolve itself. If that no longer seems likely, we'll start a new conversation.

tonywagner

Postby tonywagner » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:12 pm

At the moment we still think this will eventually resolve itself. If that no longer seems likely, we'll start a new conversation.
On what basis do you still think the channels are coming back? You've basically said it is out of your control, and you've given us zero reason to trust your upstream provider, after blaming them for a variety of issues over the past several months.

How will you even know if it no longer seems likely? It doesn't seem like you have a very open communication with your upstream provider either. Didn't it take weeks for them just to confirm the channels were gone, after they already pulled the plug? Do you even know if they are actively pursuing a resolution now, and if so, what the actual issues are in the dispute? Your provider is apparently still selling the channels to other services -- do they even have any incentive to fight to get them back on your service?

It feels like it might be time to save face here, or at least set a firm deadline for that action, accompanied by a long-term plan (i.e. how long the $10 monthly discounts will last). My trust in you is weakening in the face of the inexplicable trust you seem to be keeping in your upstream provider.

Return to “HDHomeRun Premium TV”