DRM error Live Channels

Help and support with third-party TV software.
Windows Media Center, J River Media Center, Next PVR, MythTV, InstaTV, etc.
paddyd701

DRM error Live Channels

Postby paddyd701 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:50 am

I have a Prime making use of FIOS in the philly area. This happens once I wake the Shield TV up and start using Live Channels and the HDHR channels with Live Channels. I only have the Fox channels that are drm channels . I will be in the middle of watching Nat Geo for example and I get drm error that toggles with another message that says " the video is unexpectedly unavailable" . I have to go into settings, apps setting , permissions ,location and toggle the HDHomerun in there to off , then on. Then the Fox channels return. This is a consistent problem. I even tried resetting the shield which gave me a few days of relief but the problem returned. I only watch tv at night so the shield is sleeping most of the time. I can't remember if this was an issue before the last shield update which was not that long ago. The shield and the HDHR app are up to date. I also get pixelation on Fox News consistently which I did not get before. The other channels are clean and work perfectly .

tdi-me

Re: DRM error Live Channels

Postby tdi-me » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:26 am

Just a FYI this is likely best posted in the hardware / software troubleshooting and support. I say that because it sounds like you are having issues with the official hdhr app, i dont know how often people from SD look at the third party software section here. You will also want to enable the option to send SD debugging logs if you havent already.

PghCordCutter

Re: DRM error Live Channels

Postby PghCordCutter » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:42 pm

I didn't even know that DRM channels were available within the Live Channels App. :shock:

Return to “Third Party Software”