Kodi Community Development

Moderator: TVJunkie198

Ken.F
Device ID: 1041A706, 1043EB32, 104BAD9E, 13168DC5, 1322A7AC

Re: Unofficial Kodi PVR Client for HDHomeRun DVR subscribers

Post by Ken.F » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:37 am

cjwalkeriii wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:20 pm
Btw - using Libreelec 8.2.5. Tried using 9.x but it doesn't appear this is supported yet.
thanks
I tested a clean install of LibreELEC #1006 with PVR version zuki.pvr.hdhomerundvr-linux-armhf-leia-1.3.5.6860 on my RPi2 this morning. It works fine. I did have problems with Kodi crashing and rebooting after installing the PVR zip if I tried to do anything while it was importing the guide. After about the third crash/reboot I decided to just leave it alone while it was downloading. After it completed it became stable.

I did have to mess with the video settings to get it to play acceptably. If you have any trouble go into the player settings and make sure hardware acceleration for OMXPlayer and MMAL are turned on, then while playing live TV hit the gear on the OSD, select Video settings, then change the Deinterlace method to MMAL-Bob.

LibreELEC testbuilds here:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=298461

ddejager

Post by ddejager » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:39 am

Ken.F wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:37 am
cjwalkeriii wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:20 pm
Btw - using Libreelec 8.2.5. Tried using 9.x but it doesn't appear this is supported yet.
thanks
I tested a clean install of LibreELEC #1006 with PVR version zuki.pvr.hdhomerundvr-linux-armhf-leia-1.3.5.6860 on my RPi2 this morning. It works fine. I did have problems with Kodi crashing and rebooting after installing the PVR zip if I tried to do anything while it was importing the guide. After about the third crash/reboot I decided to just leave it alone while it was downloading. After it completed it became stable.

I did have to mess with the video settings to get it to play acceptably. If you have any trouble go into the player settings and make sure hardware acceleration for OMXPlayer and MMAL are turned on, then while playing live TV hit the gear on the OSD, select Video settings, then change the Deinterlace method to MMAL-Bob.

LibreELEC testbuilds here:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=298461
Under OSMC I found that the video playback improved significantly and the Pi ran cooler when I purchased the license for hardware decoding. This was not the case when I was using a EXTEND for the hdhomerun device, but seemed to be needed when I went to the QUATTRO which does not compress the video.

Ken.F

Post by Ken.F » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:49 am

ddejager wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:39 am
Under OSMC I found that the video playback improved significantly and the Pi ran cooler when I purchased the license for hardware decoding. This was not the case when I was using a EXTEND for the hdhomerun device, but seemed to be needed when I went to the QUATTRO which does not compress the video.
I have mpeg-2 and vc1 licenses for all six of my Raspberry Pis. Even with the mpeg-2 license I still had to mess with the video settings on Leia to make it play correctly.

ringerlin

Post by ringerlin » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:29 pm

Hi Michael,

Sorry I've been too busy with work and kids to check the forum lately. I tried the new build tonight. After clear the epg data and repopulate it, the timer rule through Yates remote is working correctly! Thank you so much! You absolutely are making it a perfect pvr addon for me. THANK YOU!

djp952
Device ID: 131EB7F7;131ED0E0

Post by djp952 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:23 pm

ringerlin wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:29 pm
Hi Michael,

Sorry I've been too busy with work and kids to check the forum lately. I tried the new build tonight. After clear the epg data and repopulate it, the timer rule through Yates remote is working correctly! Thank you so much! You absolutely are making it a perfect pvr addon for me. THANK YOU!
WooHoo! Glad to help. We owe some thanks to the Kodi forum, ksooo in particular, for pointing out this limitation of the RPC interface (and he also fixed it for Kodi 19 already!).

Now I'm being really ambitious, I got the Android x86 build of Kodi working and am attempting to actually debug the overall problem on Leia Android TV devices with the streams sticking for a few seconds when you change channels. I probably can't fix it, but if I can get close to the source of the issue I can post over at Kodi my findings and hopefully it will help them fix it.

Chronoptic

Post by Chronoptic » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:58 am

djp952 wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:23 pm
I got the Android x86 build of Kodi working and am attempting to actually debug the overall problem on Leia Android TV devices with the streams sticking for a few seconds when you change channels. I probably can't fix it, but if I can get close to the source of the issue I can post over at Kodi my findings and hopefully it will help them fix it.
Thank you again for all your hard work! FWIW, I'm seeing the same behavior on Mac, Linux and Windows. This makes me think that it could be because I'm running the record engine on a little asus network drive. But everything works fine on v17. It's just v18 that gives me these random freezes. I posted a link to one of the error logs on the kodi forums: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?ti ... pid2778760 but didn't hear anything back. I'd be more than happy to do whatever I can to help out. If you need error logs or want me to test something just let me know :)

cjwalkeriii

Post by cjwalkeriii » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:50 pm

thanks for all of the responses. Turns out I was running build 1.2.6 which is older to say the least. So that is updated. I'll try the Quatro and let you know how it works out. thaks again.

ddejager

Post by ddejager » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:48 pm

I'm using PVR on a RPi with OSMC. Recording engine is a windows 10 machine. For the past two releases I've noticed that most times after watching 20 to 40 minutes of a show (either recorded or "live") the sound will start to drop out for about a second at a time, but the video will continue to play properly. This happens every 10 to 20 seconds or so and continues until I stop and restart the show. If the show was recorded and I skip back a bit and play, the same sections of the recording play without problems. If it was a live show, the problem stops (for at least another 20 to 40 minutes). Any idea why this might be happening?

djp952
Device ID: 131EB7F7;131ED0E0

Post by djp952 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:54 pm

ddejager wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:48 pm
I'm using PVR on a RPi with OSMC. Recording engine is a windows 10 machine. For the past two releases I've noticed that most times after watching 20 to 40 minutes of a show (either recorded or "live") the sound will start to drop out for about a second at a time, but the video will continue to play properly. This happens every 10 to 20 seconds or so and continues until I stop and restart the show. If the show was recorded and I skip back a bit and play, the same sections of the recording play without problems. If it was a live show, the problem stops (for at least another 20 to 40 minutes). Any idea why this might be happening?
Hmmmm … perhaps it wasn't able to keep up with the data stream fast enough for Kodi's decoder? It's easy to blame the decoder but as I've learned often it's indeed a stupid mistake on my part. Do you have any Kodi logs available for when these occurrences happen? There may be some A/V decoder messages in there that we can use to see what the deal is. Both live and Recorded TV do go through the same code, it's entirely possible that my packet filter is bunging something up. Any channels more problematic than others?

Here's a thought - if you do have some channels that are more likely to have the issue, can you try turning on the "Stream directly from tuner(s)" option to see if that makes any difference? The normal buffered live and recorded TV from the RECORD engine are the same data stream (insofar as I know), but it's provable that the ones straight from the tuner are/were slightly different. If something like my 'poison packet' filter is at fault, that usually doesn't get kicked off for the tuner-direct streams.

If it's the PVR client that would be my best guess after thinking about it -- maybe I'm trashing a packet I shouldn't be. It has safeguards in place but there are some ways it could be screwed up. While I've never in practice seen or trapped that it doesn't mean it can't happen :)

One more quick question - I'm sure it's hard to remember exactly but can you narrow down a timeframe when you started seeing the problem? I can try to corroborate any changes on my end with your timeline.

Sorry I don't have a good answer for you. This last build has been so seemingly stable with no posts/concerns I've been able to spend a lot more time using the PVR than troubleshooting it! I was wondering if maybe everybody just stopped using it - LOL. I should probably take some time to weekend to catch up and pump out an updated Leia build for you guys.

ddejager

Post by ddejager » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:44 am

Thanks for your thoughtful reply about the sound dropouts. I did not see this prior to the past few releases. You suggestion of looking in the log is a good one. Next time it happens I will do so. It might have started about the same time that I switched from and HDHOMERUN EXTEND (with transcoding) to a QUATRO...my EXTEND died....I never saw it on the EXTEND.

Chronoptic

Post by Chronoptic » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:00 am

I've noticed that while watching video, either a movie or live tv, if I go into the tv recordings menu, then click on a particular show's folder, the playback slows down as I scroll through the recorded episodes. As soon as I stop hovering over an episode name (even just going up to the ".."), the video accelerates to catch up with the sound. Is anyone else seeing this?

jhford

No recordings

Post by jhford » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:51 am

This has never happened before. I'm running 1.3.5 on my Fire TV Stick. The HDHR Prime writes the recordings to my NAS, which I could always access via Kodi > TV > Recordings. But it is now empty. I checked the NAS via Windows 10 File Explorer and the recordings are all there. I rebooted the Fire Stick. Still no recordings. Only a blue bar with two dots. Clicking the blue bar takes me back to the menu. The same is true for my second TV which has the identical setup. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks

Ken.F

Re: No recordings

Post by Ken.F » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:35 am

jhford wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:51 am
I checked the NAS via Windows 10 File Explorer and the recordings are all there. I rebooted the Fire Stick. Still no recordings.
Maybe the record engine is not running?

jhford

Post by jhford » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:01 pm

Ken.F wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:35 am
jhford wrote:
I checked the NAS via Windows 10 File Explorer and the recordings are all there. I rebooted the Fire Stick. Still no recordings.
How do I check this?

NYPlayer
Device ID: 104112F4,104162C4,10438DAD,10438DF5,10701381,13147C7B,131A192A

Post by NYPlayer » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:03 pm

jhford wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:01 pm
Ken.F wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:35 am
jhford wrote:
How do I check this?
Go to my.hdhomerun.com and look for "HDHomeRun RECORD" on Chrome.