HDHR-DVRUI - A PHP/Web Interface to your HDHR DVR Setup

Help and support with third-party TV software.
Windows Media Center, J River Media Center, Next PVR, MythTV, InstaTV, etc.
Beerman

Re: HDHR-DVRUI - A PHP/Web Interface to your HDHR DVR Setup

Post by Beerman » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:40 pm

I'm getting weird air dates on my upcoming shows. Many are 1969 and others are 2000. One is even Nov 1, 8800!
I use my Synology NAS for HDDVR but I installed the DVRUI on my Qnap to see what it would show and it shows the exact same dates for each upcoming show. Doesn't seem to be problematic to anything other than it caught my eye.
Was this mentioned in an earlier post?

nateb
Silicondust
Device ID: 1051C73D, 10759F29

Post by nateb » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:31 pm

Any chance you take design requests? Also, possibly a feature request.

The design request is to show upcoming in a big long list of rectangles, rather than squares?

So the design would be

image -> List as already written

etc.

The other request might not be possible, but to include in that list of upcoming all the successes and failures. So the calendar would be centered on today, but you could go back a day and see what recordings happened then, and even what recordings failed to happen.

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F

Post by signcarver » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:18 pm

For the second part, one thing that most likely would be needed to do that is document the RecordSuccess numbers as well as what to do if such isn't in the json... I have many "successful" recordings that have RecordSuccess: 1, as well as many successful recordings with absolutely no entry for such (including most of my recordings from this week while most of my recordings from the week before show the former). I thought I have seen numbers between 1-3 in the past from other people when they have shared such with me but all mine are 1 or do not exist despite being successful ) I have also noticed recordings now may have a DRM flag (I try to avoid recording those so haven't really noticed it until tonight)... It appears I may only get such "success" written if recording immediately after on the same channel but that may be a coincidence. The other difference is that around the same time I temporarily disabled auto restart of the engine on a single bay my cloud (using the method the device itself told me in a readme in the folder that controls such).

goofnroxx

Post by goofnroxx » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:37 pm

Beerman wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:40 pm
I'm getting weird air dates on my upcoming shows. Many are 1969 and others are 2000. One is even Nov 1, 8800!
I use my Synology NAS for HDDVR but I installed the DVRUI on my Qnap to see what it would show and it shows the exact same dates for each upcoming show. Doesn't seem to be problematic to anything other than it caught my eye.
I'm seeing those weird dates as well. Something is definitely up there.

demonrik
Device ID: 10736454, 1073A35A, 1075C377

Post by demonrik » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:28 pm

goofnroxx wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:37 pm
Beerman wrote:
i see it.. will look into it

demonrik

Post by demonrik » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:49 pm

nateb wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:31 pm
Any chance you take design requests? Also, possibly a feature request.

The design request is to show upcoming in a big long list of rectangles, rather than squares?

So the design would be

etc.
Definitely open to ideas.
the image bit is throwing me..
are u asking for a list view rather than grid?, i.e. similar to what was there in ver 0.5.x?
or something date as image, then list the upcoming on that date?
The other request might not be possible, but to include in that list of upcoming all the successes and failures. So the calendar would be centered on today, but you could go back a day and see what recordings happened then, and even what recordings failed to happen.
hmm... its a nice idea.
would be good if we had a 'documented' API to get such info.
The current undocumented one I use for upcoming only shows upcoming episodes in the guide - not what came before.
I'll dig around the source for the Kodi plugin and see what I can dig out.

signcarver
Expert

Post by signcarver » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:44 pm

I believe what nateb is asking was the format used in 0.5.x (forget when it changed) ... I haven't looked at the code for awhile and happened to have 0.5.11 installed on one of my myclouds (which has no problem with the airdate) and it was more rectangular than square.

I think I prefer the square on my phone and the rectangle on my pc... and do think the square works better on the home page but on the pc looks awkward on the upcoming page though I think a lot of that from my perspective is having at least 3 channels that everything is on and the new one eliminates the "duplicates" so don't really notice it. What I tend to do is put a yellow triangle on an episode that has already been recorded and subsequent episodes that match an earlier episode that way I am aware of what "might" record.

The only thing I think many may wish for would be "editing" rules... when brought up before, avdp felt it was easy enough to create a rule so why bother... in looking at the latest tonight, I really wanted to click on each rule and edit the channel only parameters as I just disabled all my high channel numbers at one of my locations as they no longer get SD channels (when hd is available) and I needed to do so to try out PTV demos again (nearly all have conflicting channel numbers which is the main reason I haven't "fully" subscribed yet) as a result, nearly all of my rules have no upcoming recordings as those channels are no longer in use after being disabled. Though perhaps I am more inclined to want such as an "editor" was the first page I built when running win 7 and only the win 10 app could set padding as the feature wasn't in kodi until much later. Basically what I had in mind would bring up the "Advanced Rule" for the rule when clicked however the command to SD should be change instead of add and it usually behaves best if done by RecordingRuleID rather than SeriesID (I have seen issues on oneoffs when not done as such).

I have thought of a couple of other things that I think would be useful that SD would need to provide in the data to be done. First is "New" (FirstAiring) as currently (or at least last I checked) that seems to only be able to be seen by the engine (which one can emulate the request of) and comes through only 4 hours prior (it can also be seen in the recordings). I'd also like to see a "premiere" tag that I do notice on zap2it from time to time for when a new season starts (I think it would be great if SD let one "discover" premiers). It would also be nice if they could document and make publicly available the api to manage what some have termed as "history" as it seems like that data also may only be (not) used when presented to the engine and sometimes makes looking at upcoming hard to determine if something actually will record.

demonrik

Post by demonrik » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:10 pm

signcarver wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:44 pm
I believe what nateb is asking was the format used in 0.5.x (forget when it changed) ... I haven't looked at the code for awhile and happened to have 0.5.11 installed on one of my myclouds (which has no problem with the airdate) and it was more rectangular than square.

I think I prefer the square on my phone and the rectangle on my pc... and do think the square works better on the home page but on the pc looks awkward on the upcoming page though I think a lot of that from my perspective is having at least 3 channels that everything is on and the new one eliminates the "duplicates" so don't really notice it. What I tend to do is put a yellow triangle on an episode that has already been recorded and subsequent episodes that match an earlier episode that way I am aware of what "might" record.
That's what I assume - will see.
As for the different view - I do intend to bring back the list view.. Once I'm done fixing a few bugs I intend to add a 'configuration' part which will save a few options in a cookie so your browsing devices can have different views.
The only thing I think many may wish for would be "editing" rules... when brought up before, avdp felt it was easy enough to create a rule so why bother... in looking at the latest tonight, I really wanted to click on each rule and edit the channel only parameters as I just disabled all my high channel numbers at one of my locations as they no longer get SD channels (when hd is available) and I needed to do so to try out PTV demos again (nearly all have conflicting channel numbers which is the main reason I haven't "fully" subscribed yet) as a result, nearly all of my rules have no upcoming recordings as those channels are no longer in use after being disabled. Though perhaps I am more inclined to want such as an "editor" was the first page I built when running win 7 and only the win 10 app could set padding as the feature wasn't in kodi until much later. Basically what I had in mind would bring up the "Advanced Rule" for the rule when clicked however the command to SD should be change instead of add and it usually behaves best if done by RecordingRuleID rather than SeriesID (I have seen issues on oneoffs when not done as such).
I had similar thought the other day - wanted to edit the rule and ended up deleting and creating.. but would have preferred to edit since I just needed to change 1 thing! Will definitely look in to it.
I have thought of a couple of other things that I think would be useful that SD would need to provide in the data to be done. First is "New" (FirstAiring) as currently (or at least last I checked) that seems to only be able to be seen by the engine (which one can emulate the request of) and comes through only 4 hours prior (it can also be seen in the recordings). I'd also like to see a "premiere" tag that I do notice on zap2it from time to time for when a new season starts (I think it would be great if SD let one "discover" premiers). It would also be nice if they could document and make publicly available the api to manage what some have termed as "history" as it seems like that data also may only be (not) used when presented to the engine and sometimes makes looking at upcoming hard to determine if something actually will record.
Definitely a tag to indicate a new versus rerun would help..
Would also like to get an API to the events the record engine gets. It already is eliminating some of the options in the guide lookup that would be nice.
And an option to reset the delete vs rerecord.. Few times recently I've hit delete and realised I wanted rerecord.
A list of hidden items from the guide - in case I want to bring back
better API to get indicators from tuners/record engine on what's active

API changes aside
Some ideas I want to add add to the UI
- ability to multi-select episodes for delete/rerecord
- configurable num days in upcoming
- ability to drop to episode list on search (and quick add rule to record episode)

will get there :)

demonrik

Post by demonrik » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:11 pm

demonrik wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:28 pm
goofnroxx wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:37 pm
Beerman wrote:
i see it.. will look into it
found it - fixed it
pushed fix to github - will be in next release

nateb
Silicondust
Device ID: 1051C73D, 10759F29

Post by nateb » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:23 pm

Yup, definitely the list view. At the risk of asking for way too much, might even been neat to have the current view for mobile and the list view on PC browsers. :)

Unfortunately, I don't think we have an API for listing past recordings. But I'm certainly not the most knowledgeable about the existing API, so what do I know?

Bigj

Post by Bigj » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:54 pm

Where is the 'advanced rules tool'? I am at a loss to find where it is in the UI.

demonrik

Post by demonrik » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:50 pm

Bigj wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:54 pm
Where is the 'advanced rules tool'? I am at a loss to find where it is in the UI.
pops up when you select show to record on searching

Bigj

Post by Bigj » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:22 pm

demonrik wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:50 pm
pops up when you select show to record on searching
Thank you. I was going crazy trying to find that on all my existing rules. You need to click on the three dots "..." next to the "Record Recent Record All ..." in the search.
I guess I need to delete all my rules, redo the search and redo all my existing rules.
Still having no luck with it after finding it as it is not showing the record specific channel in the new rule, still says "channel: all channels". Seems to show correctly in the upcoming tab with only the specific channel showing to record. We will see.
Thanks again.

signcarver
Expert

Post by signcarver » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:45 pm

Generally no need to delete the rules and that was the reason given why avdp didn't make an edit rules page as it was just as easy to make a new rule (should overwrite existing rule, but there may be some one offs that might not depending on how they submit the rule --both originally created and newly created as some clients don't combine ChannelOnly and DateTimeOnly on the one-offs).

When i started to build my software, the editor came first as the kodi addon or android didn't get padding for awhile.

airdrummer

Post by airdrummer » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:50 am

just found this & installed on my server, many thanx, demonrik, looks great!-) i'm looking into branching it for my needs, as clicking on play tries to d/l stream to local browser, but i want it to open in vlc on my dvr connected to my hdtv...

so i started inspecting the html, & saw how you do rerecord:

Code: Select all

<a onclick="RecordingDeleteReveal(event,'74247630',false);" class="delete">Delete</a>
<a onclick="RecordingDeleteReveal(event,'74247630',true);" class="rerecord">ReRecord</a>
which is passed to the engine via a hidden field in the form:

<input id="drerecord" name="rerecord" value="true" type="hidden">
which is poked in ur RecordingDeleteReveal.js:

document.getElementById("drerecord").value = rerecord;
but as u r reusing the delete form, the form & button say delete

<a onclick="submitDeleteRecording()">Delete</a>
which is rather offputting, not to mention confusing;-}

the play/delete/rerecord buttons shouldn't be repeated in the delete/rerecord dialogs (which is confusing) and the rerecord dialog & button really should be labeled rerecord, nicht wahr?-) i've modded scripts/hdhomerundvr_ui.js and style/recordingdeletereveal.html to fix this, but i never grokked git, so lemme know if u want to see my mods...