HDHR-DVRUI - A PHP/Web Interface to your HDHR DVR Setup

Help and support with third-party TV software.
Windows Media Center, J River Media Center, Next PVR, MythTV, InstaTV, etc.
demonrik
Device ID: 10736454, 1073A35A, 1075C377

Re: HDHR-DVRUI - A PHP/Web Interface to your HDHR DVR Setup

Post by demonrik » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:59 am

Beerman wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:04 am
Installing on both my Synology and QNAP gives me an unable to connect message. When I manually install it, I can't get past the huge logo on the page. :)
https://imgur.com/a/0lGMZh6
On the huge logo - will be fixed in next release. There are 2 styles - one for desktop, 1 for mobile devices.. I forgot to update the mobile one :(

Can you provide more info on the 'unable to connect message'?
Are you trying from the desktop, or URL?
Are you using a secure connection (i.e. HTTPS) or not?
Are you connecting remotely or locally?

demonrik

Post by demonrik » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:03 am

grumpygramp wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:02 pm
Right now I have the DVR UI running on a Mycloud NAS.

If I were to run the UI on a raspberry pi what version of Linux would be best?

Alternatively what would the best way to run the UI on Windows machine?
Any OS which has a HTTP server (Apache, Nginx, etc) and PHP 5.6+
Windows - Xampp is a good solution
Linux - just make sure it has packages above, or you can build yourself.. Any distro works.

demonrik

Post by demonrik » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:06 am

jasonmcroy wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:38 pm
I was just wondering if it would be possible to add in either a tab, or just on the same page as "recordings" tab and area that shows currently recording items?

Not sure if that would require a lot of work to implement or not.

Thanks for your work!
As @gtb said - anything is possible. Someone needs to create it
For this though it needs some thinking - Unfortunately there is no query to the engine (that has been made publicly available) that lists current recordings. Thus you would likely have to get a guide dump of what is on in this 30mins, then compare against rules and see if it's set to record, the check if the engine would have picked it up (file exists, recent vs all, etc)..

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F

Post by signcarver » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:56 am

One way I have done it is check what the target streams and channels the tuners are set for... if the target is the engine, it could be considered recording.

jasonmcroy
Device ID: 1061D18E, 1070B743, 1076A10B

Post by jasonmcroy » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:31 am

demonrik wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:06 am
jasonmcroy wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:38 pm
I was just wondering if it would be possible to add in either a tab, or just on the same page as "recordings" tab and area that shows currently recording items?

Not sure if that would require a lot of work to implement or not.

Thanks for your work!
As @gtb said - anything is possible. Someone needs to create it
For this though it needs some thinking - Unfortunately there is no query to the engine (that has been made publicly available) that lists current recordings. Thus you would likely have to get a guide dump of what is on in this 30mins, then compare against rules and see if it's set to record, the check if the engine would have picked it up (file exists, recent vs all, etc)..
Ah, I see. Unfortunately, I am not a programmer and only "get by" with installing these things when there are good instructions and/or Google.

I will just enjoy what exists currently. Thanks!

Beerman

Post by Beerman » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:36 am

demonrik wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:59 am
Beerman wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:04 am
Installing on both my Synology and QNAP gives me an unable to connect message. When I manually install it, I can't get past the huge logo on the page. :)
https://imgur.com/a/0lGMZh6
On the huge logo - will be fixed in next release. There are 2 styles - one for desktop, 1 for mobile devices.. I forgot to update the mobile one :(

Can you provide more info on the 'unable to connect message'?
Are you trying from the desktop, or URL?
Are you using a secure connection (i.e. HTTPS) or not?
Are you connecting remotely or locally?
I can't seem to connect to my home machine at the moment to double check but I initially tried from my desktop from the link in QNAP and I just logged into the admin page for QNAP, clicked on the new HDHR icon created when I installed it and the ip address bar just shows "about:blank". After about 30 seconds or so it dies but shows the link to my mycloud account http://myname.myqnapcloud.com/HDHR-DVRUI.
The exact same thing happens in with Synology.

demonrik

Post by demonrik » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:41 pm

signcarver wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:56 am
One way I have done it is check what the target streams and channels the tuners are set for... if the target is the engine, it could be considered recording.
@signcarver But could be LiveTV buffering also.
Am sure it's doable - just not straight forward :)
Beerman wrote: I can't seem to connect to my home machine at the moment to double check but I initially tried from my desktop from the link in QNAP and I just logged into the admin page for QNAP, clicked on the new HDHR icon created when I installed it and the ip address bar just shows "about:blank". After about 30 seconds or so it dies but shows the link to my mycloud account http://myname.myqnapcloud.com/HDHR-DVRUI.
The exact same thing happens in with Synology.
@Beerman
Thats worrying - why would desktop push you to the cloud?
To have that work you need to port forward port 80 (or whatever you have it set to on your NAS) to your NAS. Otherwise your router is going to stick the HTTP request to where ever it things port 80 should be (possibly itself). Same thing if doing HTTPS, you need to forward the port (QNAP/Synology default for https is 443).
AFAIK - Neither NAS will port forward the Web server automatically for you.

Beerman

Post by Beerman » Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:26 pm

Thanks, I got the port forwarding part working. Now all I need it that huge Logo removed. :)

demonrik

Post by demonrik » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:17 pm

Beerman wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:26 pm
Thanks, I got the port forwarding part working. Now all I need it that huge Logo removed. :)
working on it

karlh

Post by karlh » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:00 pm

demonrik ,
Is this compatible with the HDHomeRunDVR spk on Synology? I stopped using this in July 2017 because Synology and Windows updates broke it. I installed the HDHomeRunDVR spk, but it does not have the capability to setup recordings.
Thanks

demonrik

Post by demonrik » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:54 am

karlh wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:00 pm
demonrik ,
Is this compatible with the HDHomeRunDVR spk on Synology? I stopped using this in July 2017 because Synology and Windows updates broke it. I installed the HDHomeRunDVR spk, but it does not have the capability to setup recordings.
Thanks
No compatibility needs.. they are 2 separate SPKs, 2 separate packages.
The HDHomeRunDVR is all about just enabling the engine, so has the engine binary, manages it, etc.. This SPK just has the user interface so no dependency on having the engine even on the NAS.

jody mcgeorge

Post by jody mcgeorge » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:42 am

Paturn1 wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:25 am
First off, I am so excited someone has put forth the effort to do something like this, it's awesome! Something similar to this should be included directly from silicon dust. I for the life of me cannot figure out why the record engine supports advanced rules but the UI in the HDhomeRun app offers no way to access them Channels DVR includes a web interface similar to this out of the box.
For anyone interested this web interface seems to work fine installed directly on my WD gen 2 MyCloud Mirror. Just dumped the "app" folder from the source package into /ver/www using ftp. Of interest the most recent 3 versions causes nothing but errors, despite my having commented out line 4 in index.php as described a few posts ago. Version 0.5.12, however seems to work fine. I'm not sure what web server is on the MyCloud out of the box.
From my point of view the biggest utility of this web UI is to set timers and rules. I would say the most important area that deserves further attention is the search. Currently if you search for a show it does not seem to offer the ability to see individual episodes, this is problematic for scheduling sports. Beyond that it only shows each show on one channel despite the possibility that the show is on multiple channels. I'd like to set my rules to be channel specific this is hard to do currently, because I can only see one channel that that show is on. Also, I'd love to be able to edit the advanved rules from the rules page, this way I could set a recording on the HDhomeRun app and later change the rule to a specific channel for example.
I have such respect for someone to take on a project like this with no compensation other than personal satisfaction. This thing is really cool!
So cool you got this to work! I have the same setup but I do not know how to FTP into /ver/www I can only get into my Public folders on MyCloud. Can you walk me through how you copied the app folder? Thanks.

mdcisme

Post by mdcisme » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:17 pm

Hey all - I haven't updated to 6.2 until today as I didn't really have a need, but when I did, I only have 1 of my 2 primes showing up, none of my upcoming recordings show up and none of my rules show up. Very odd and I'm sure I'm missing something from the "old" version to the new, but dug through the forums and didn't see anything about others with the same issue so am hoping for any help.

I should note I'm using the PHP version in Windows with XAMPP. I tried various versions of XAMPP to no avail. I gave it the old IT try of "have you tried turning it off and back on again" but that didn't work either.

demonrik

Post by demonrik » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:47 pm

mdcisme wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:17 pm
Hey all - I haven't updated to 6.2 until today as I didn't really have a need, but when I did, I only have 1 of my 2 primes showing up, none of my upcoming recordings show up and none of my rules show up. Very odd and I'm sure I'm missing something from the "old" version to the new, but dug through the forums and didn't see anything about others with the same issue so am hoping for any help.

I should note I'm using the PHP version in Windows with XAMPP. I tried various versions of XAMPP to no avail. I gave it the old IT try of "have you tried turning it off and back on again" but that didn't work either.
That's odd behavior
The fact it finds 1 of your primes is likely indicating a networking issue. The discover call is generic and all devices are found at once.
If you use an older version do both primes get found?

demonrik

Post by demonrik » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:52 am

New Release - 0.6.3
Available from https://github.com/demonrik/HDHR-DVRUI/ ... /tag/0.6.3

New for this release
  • minor look and feel tweaks
  • reduced size of the HDHR entries
Fixes for this release
  • Fixed <PHP 5.6 compatibility
  • Fixed the delete option by fixing the adding of the RecordID to the recordings
  • Fixed the logo on the mobile theme being too large
Known Issues (Future candidates)
  • When upcoming episode doesn't have unique identifier and a recording exists with similar issue (and thus filenames are identical) the upcoming algorithm thinks it should ignore the episode, thus doesn't get reported.