No worries! Are you running the Leia or Krypton APK? Leia is behaving badly for me on the Shield. I tried the latest nightly APK and it was better in places, but still problems. I can toss out an updated Leia APK against that nightly if you want to try it, it's not a problem, but I don't think it really fixed anything satisfactorily.Hardax wrote: ↑Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:10 pmIts an Nvidia Shield using your latest APK. All hardwired 1000T networking. The only thing thats different on my end since this started happening is I did have AT&T fiber internet installed but its not actually plugged into my system yet. Its only running as a seperate WiFi network inside my house. I wont be integrating it until this coming weekend so let me do that and report back. I couldnt imaging that this would affect things but you never know. And never a reason to apologize. I just threw the statement out there just in case anyone else was seeing the same thing before I investigated it any more deeply and submitted logs. I know my post was not helpful at all in helping solve the issue!
My recent spelunking into Leia is leading me towards it not finding the PTS (timestamp) it expects for the audio stream, and a recent code change they made to "pause realtime streams instead of flushing the buffers" may be related. For that, what I'm seeing on the latest nightly kinda matches what used to happen in Krypton is a stream isn't marked as realtime, it pauses for a bit then resumes (as opposed to showing the buffering circle on Krypton). It's odd that it doesn't happen if you enable tuner-direct streaming, but as mentioned in the past I saw that the streams are a little different for some reason. I would expect SD to buffer/retransmit the stream straight from the tuner, but they seem to have a reason to do some level of processing. Mine is not to reason why there - they are the gurus!
You know what's funny, the wife and I were watching TV about an hour ago (Krypton/Windows) and the damn thing buffered for absolutely no reason I think it's Karma biting me in the rearend for being slightly annoyed last night for no good reason!
Let me know if you want to try a "1.3.4a" against the nightly I was using, it really only takes about 30-35 minutes to put a new build together if there are no code changes to specifically test.
edit: what I was looking into last night and tonight is to see if there is a reasonable way to report stream statistics (speed, buffer fill %, etc) non-invasively for these difficult to diagnose platforms. I'd like to know if Kodi is still asking for data or not but in such a way that you guys could also use that. Spamming the Kodi log with messages isn't super useful and slows things down too much. I was thinking of maybe hacking the signal strength UI indicators in Kodi to display fake information we could use for diagnostics.