Synology SPK for DVR Record Engine

Downloads & Instructions
demonrik
Device ID: 108042A1, 10814D8E

Re: Synology SPK for DVR Record Engine

Post by demonrik »

karlh wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:09 pm I have 2 issues, the first, I can not find a way to setup new recordings.
You can only setup recordings via the View App - you can't do it via this package as it's only the record engine.
The second, is selecting the "Recordings" tab, I see all of my recorded shows, and can play and delete them, however a screen pops up showing some errors (see below)
Looks like you found a bug for us.
Not sure why you see it and no-one else has reported.. But fix to come in next release :)

karlh

Post by karlh »

demonrik Thank you, I assumed this was similar to the HDHR-DVRUI that worked for me until windows 10 and Synology updates ~ July last year. I was hopping to be able to schedule recordings also while I'm away from home.

steen

Post by steen »

Hi.
I need a clean hdhomerun.spk for my Synology. It won't work by just cutting away the .md5 -

Where do I find this blasted thing ?

demonrik

Post by demonrik »

steen wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:00 am Hi.
I need a clean hdhomerun.spk for my Synology. It won't work by just cutting away the .md5 -

Where do I find this blasted thing ?
there are 2 files.
the one without and one with the .md5 extension
you want the one without, e.g. HDHomeRunDVR-0.4.2-20180215.spk

the .md5 file has the md5 hash that you can compare against an md5sum of the downloaded non-md5 to ensure your resulting download didnt get corrupted compared to what i uploaded

steen

Post by steen »

I have tried the files in the 3 different boxes and every one can't load into my Synology nas; 'illegal format'.

steen

demonrik

Post by demonrik »

steen wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:53 pm I have tried the files in the 3 different boxes and every one can't load into my Synology nas; 'illegal format'.

steen
which NAS?
And you are loading in the non .md5 file - right?

steen

Post by steen »

HI

My nas is a Synology DS415 play

The .apk file I need is for the HdHomerun DVR Connect unit, and I Can't find it anywhere

Thank You for your effort,

Steen, Denmark

demonrik

Post by demonrik »

That NAS should be ok.
There is nothing dependent on your HDHomeRun device.. This SPK contains the DVR engine only.

I'm still confused with what not's working for you..
So lets step back and come in from scratch just to make sure everything is clear.

To use..
you first need to have registered/paid for the DVR (https://shop.silicondust.com/shop/produ ... /software/ ) with Silicondust.
You will get a link and codes to register your HDhomeRun devices with the DVR service - make sure you have devices turned on and enabled when doing the registration.
Once done - download the SPK (latest direct is here) and install on your NAS following instructions in the original post here viewtopic.php?p=309569#p309569
Then open the HDHomeRun View App on a compatible device to set up recordings, etc.

steen

Post by steen »

Hi again. Your 'here' link doesn't work. It display only a blank page.

Steen

demonrik

Post by demonrik »

steen wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:23 am Hi again. Your 'here' link doesn't work. It display only a blank page.

Steen
try this one https://www.dropbox.com/s/vacu1cccbwhiw ... 5.spk?dl=0

steen

Post by steen »

Ok the .spk package seems to load to the package centre page, but it can't transfer to the desktop
and therefore not to configure for channels. It seem to not to attached to the Dvdlogic driver module.

steen

demonrik

Post by demonrik »

steen wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:26 pm Ok the .spk package seems to load to the package centre page, but it can't transfer to the desktop
and therefore not to configure for channels. It seem to not to attached to the Dvdlogic driver module.

steen
at this point I have no idea what you are trying to do.
sounds like you are looking for an installer package for something else - not the Silicondust DVR engine which this is.

steen

Post by steen »

Ok I will make myself more clear.
The HdHomerun spk module load ok into the package module, where it display itself.
From there I have only two choices: to stop the module or to remove it.
Not the possibility to move it to the dashboard. To me it seems not to connect, and the Dvblogic driver can't see it either.

Greetings Steen

jasonl
Silicondust

Post by jasonl »

The HDHomeRun DVR and DVBLogic are completely separate, unrelated programs. You can access the DVR through the HDHomeRun app on supported platforms - Windows, Mac, Xbox One, Android, and iOS, as well as the Kodi add-on.

demonrik

Post by demonrik »

steen wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:48 am Ok I will make myself more clear.
The HdHomerun spk module load ok into the package module, where it display itself.
From there I have only two choices: to stop the module or to remove it.
Not the possibility to move it to the dashboard. To me it seems not to connect, and the Dvblogic driver can't see it either.

Greetings Steen
As @jasonl stated above - the HDHomeRun DVR is not for use with DVBLogic. They are two separate things.
If you're trying to get DVBLogic set up then I'd advise you look them up on their forum. I've run it before and it will (provided your network/firewall is correctly configured) detect your HDHomeRun devices and use them for it's DVR.

If your definitely trying to use DVBLogic but just accidentally throwing in the DVBLogic thingy..
Then you should see on in the package center for the HDHomeRunDVR app a URL under the Action box.
Click this and you should see the UI.. From here you can examine the log files, etc..
At the bottom status bar you should see something similar to 'HDHomeRun RECORD running | 20180307-23:17:39 Status: Resource: nbk=0 dmk=618'

Again though - if you need to get DVBLogic to use the HDHomeRun device - please go to http://forum.dvblogic.com/viewforum.php?f=69