Synology SPK for DVR Record Engine

Downloads & Instructions
demonrik
Device ID: 108042A1, 10814D8E

Re: Synology SPK for DVR Record Engine

Post by demonrik »

poorman wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:21 pm
demonrik wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:59 pm Howto transition from SiliconDust installer to the new SPK

Stop the Current Record Engine

<SNIP>

To remove the share - you MUST move the recordings to another folder.. so stop the engine, update the RecordPath and then start the engine again.[/i]
I have tried these steps and report that it works ... mostly. When on the HDHomerunDVD DSM page I select action run or stop, your software does stop or start the record engine (./hdhomerun_record status). However when I follow the URL, in my case is http://nas/HDHomeRunDVR/, i receive a 500 There is an error while processing this request.

Maybe I have the open_basedir incorrect. I'm unsure of the delimiter between the two entries. I have "/var/packages/HDHomeRunDVR:/volume1/HDHomeRunDVR". Should it be a colon : ? Both paths have been verified.

No worries here though, I know it is in development so I can patiently await the next version and try again.
you are right - the open_basedir is likely the issue
yes - the delimiter is usually :

but you need to have the existing paths there too - i.e. add these directories to the existing list... not replace the list
If you have removed them - then just make it blank.. this will remove the restriction anyway

for the first one..
/var/packages/HDHomeRunDVR
I'm not sure if this should be like I have, or /var/packages/HDHomeRunDVR/target or /volumeX/@appstore/HDHomeRunDVR (where X is the volume that /var/packages/HDHomeRunDVR/target points to).
Try one and changes to other if not working.
you need this path to get the DVR version, and check if it's running, as well as modifying the config file.

The second dir /volume1/HDHomeRunDVR needs to be changed to where ever your recordpath is pointing to.
This is only needed for the logfile parsing.

hdhrfan98

Post by hdhrfan98 »

Hi,

I installed the engine on my DS4llJ succesfully but do I need to buy a subscription to test it out? If so, how do I enter the activation code when I purchase a subscription? The NAS says it's running the service but when I go to the web UI of the DVR manager, 192.168.1.23/HDHomeRunDVR, I get a "502: There is an error while processing this request"

BTW, I used the windows HDHomeRun to do the NAS install and it was successful.

hdhrfan98

Post by hdhrfan98 »

So I found the problem, in the Synology Web Station application, I needed to change the HTTP back-end Server to Nginx and PHP 7.0. Then the webUI loaded. Next problem is on the Synology HDHomeRun DVR Manager webui, I get this error:

Version:0.3-20171118
Record Engine Version: Unable to discover DVR version

I'm getting closer.

jasonic8

Post by jasonic8 »

hdhrfan98 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:12 pm So I found the problem, in the Synology Web Station application, I needed to change the HTTP back-end Server to Nginx and PHP 7.0. Then the webUI loaded. Next problem is on the Synology HDHomeRun DVR Manager webui, I get this error:

I'm getting closer.
I had that and Rik pointed me to the PHP Open_basedir workaround in the first instructions - that fixed it. (now in the second post: Workarounds)

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 10A05954 10802091 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Post by signcarver »

hdhrfan98 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:15 pm Hi,

I installed the engine on my DS4llJ succesfully but do I need to buy a subscription to test it out? If so, how do I enter the activation code when I purchase a subscription? The NAS says it's running the service but when I go to the web UI of the DVR manager, 192.168.1.23/HDHomeRunDVR, I get a "502: There is an error while processing this request"

BTW, I used the windows HDHomeRun to do the NAS install and it was successful.
Yes you do need the DVR subscription (or at least for it to actually work)

You activate that by clicking the link in the email they send you on purchase (or if you are a KS contributor of $30 or more that email was sent at least 2 years ago). You should check that the tuners are visible at my.hdhomerun.com from your default browser (or browser you click the link from if using web based email). The tuners themselves control the authorization.

hdhrfan98

Post by hdhrfan98 »

Paid for 1 year subscription and it works! It still says in the web UI, but i can record. This is awesome. Thanks

demonrik

Post by demonrik »

hdhrfan98 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:58 pm Paid for 1 year subscription and it works! It still says in the web UI, but i can record. This is awesome. Thanks

This is because you haven't set up the open_basedir correctly in the PHP settings.
Try removing all entries - leave the check box checked, and leave the text box empty - then apply.

hdhrfan98

Post by hdhrfan98 »

Wow, that worked! Thanks. I delete it for PHP 5.6/7.0 and no more errors! Thanks again.

seatv

Post by seatv »

I installed version 0.3 on DS212j. I did the workaround for PHP open_basedir (the checkbox is unchecked). PHP version is 5.6, HTTP server is Nginx.

The UI starts up
There is no DVR version - Unable to discover DVR version
HDHRs - works
Logs - Doesn't work
I am able to see the recordings
I can start and stop the recording engine

BTW, per API doc, I should be able to do <baseurl>:4999/discover.json and get status. However that fails. I am not sure if the two are related. Do you know if there is another port that recording engine uses?

I shall email screen caps to you.

Regards
seatv

demonrik

Post by demonrik »

seatv wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:53 pm I installed version 0.3 on DS212j. I did the workaround for PHP open_basedir (the checkbox is unchecked). PHP version is 5.6, HTTP server is Nginx.

The UI starts up
There is no DVR version - Unable to discover DVR version
HDHRs - works
Logs - Doesn't work
I am able to see the recordings
I can start and stop the recording engine

BTW, per API doc, I should be able to do <baseurl>:4999/discover.json and get status. However that fails. I am not sure if the two are related. Do you know if there is another port that recording engine uses?

I shall email screen caps to you.

Regards
seatv
update the PHP open_basedir as specified in viewtopic.php?p=309570#p309570
Most people find it easy to just remove the entries in the text box and apply.

For the second one - yes - I push the engine to 59090.
No real reason
Once you fix the open_basedir you can update it.

seatv

Post by seatv »

@demonrik, Where is the engine port specified?

demonrik

Post by demonrik »

seatv wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:31 pm @demonrik, Where is the engine port specified?
is in the conf file.
you can change it in the server tab. just remember to stop and start for it to take effect

poorman

Post by poorman »

demonrik wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:51 pm

but you need to have the existing paths there too - i.e. add these directories to the existing list... not replace the list
If you have removed them - then just make it blank.. this will remove the restriction anyway
OIC, My bad ... I did replace the paths not append to them. However I don't seem to know how to get them back so I uninstalled and restarted synology and reinstalled. Sadly this didn't bring the defaults back. Can you give the full information you have? I would like to have the log and recording features :)

By the way do you prefer discord or this forum?

demonrik

Post by demonrik »

poorman wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:22 pm
demonrik wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:51 pm

OIC, My bad ... I did replace the paths not append to them. However I don't seem to know how to get them back so I uninstalled and restarted synology and reinstalled. Sadly this didn't bring the defaults back. Can you give the full information you have? I would like to have the log and recording features :)

By the way do you prefer discord or this forum?
i have the checkbox checked and the textbox empty
this removes ALL restrictions, allowing access to any path which has permissions correctly set

i think default entry was...
/tmp:/var/services/tmp:/var/services/web

here or discord works. discord does allow fir more rapid response and discussion

poorman

Post by poorman »

Thanks for the paths. So the one that worked was ...
/tmp:/var/services/tmp:/var/services/web:/volume1/@appstore/HDHomeRunDVR:/volume1/HDHomeRun

However following your lead (recommendations) I also (now) have the box checked but the path blank. I was hoping that with the paths I would be able to view the logs and recordings.

So far this is a great stride in the development of a missing SD feature. Looking forward to future builds.

I guess I'll keep using this forum because, in my opinion, you respond very fast here!