- Your Synology NAS must be running DSM 6.0 or newer
- You must have the WebStation app installed for the PHP UI to work
- You must have PHP 7.2 installed
- Download the latest .spk file from Google Drive, DropBox, OneDrive, or advanced users can build from source (see below). The .md5 file allows advanced users to verfiy that the file has not been modified in transit but is otherwise not needed.
- Open a browser to your Synology desktop and login as an admin user
- Open the 'Package Center'
- Click on 'Manual Install'
- Browse to the location of the SPK file and select it
- Click Next
- You will be presented with information about the package.. Ensure you have the 'Run after installation' box checked and hit 'Apply'
- After a few minutes the package will be installed and available in the 'Package Center'
Support for my prebuilt packages will be done via this thread or via discord channel
Just ask and I will do my best to answer as quickly as I can
Similar to my QNAP QPKG (here) here is a project to build a custom Synology SPK package for installation on your Synology NAS.
Provides similar benefits
- integrated UI to manage the configuration file
- integrated into the Synology desktop package manager
- makes the log files viewable
- easy installation/update without requiring new shares or even a separate PC
- automatic restart when the NAS restarts (after update for example)
All sources are located in the silicondust DVR installer project on github
This project is simply the SPK sources to build the SPK. The project does not contain a copy of SiliconDust's HDHomeRun DVR Record Engine Binary. Builders must get this binary separately from the SiliconDust forums (script provided)
License of the SPK sources is public domain. License of the HDHomeRun DVR Record Engine remains the property of SiliconDust and use of this SPK sources does in no way permit the user the right to redistribute the binaries without SiliconDust's permission and/or permit any breaking of SiliconDust's license restrictions on the DVR record engine.