(OLD) Unofficial Kodi PVR Client for HDHomeRun DVR subscribers

Kodi Community Development

Moderator: TVJunkie198

usafle

Re: Unofficial Kodi PVR Client for HDHomeRun DVR subscribers

Post by usafle »

When you reboot Kodi, and it first starts up, do you see it pulling the guide? I forget exactly what it says, I'm currently traveling for work. But when my Kodi starts up I can see it pulling the channels and guide listings in the upper left hand side of the screen.
Is yours doing that at all?

mtk

Post by mtk »

usafle wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:05 am When you reboot Kodi, and it first starts up, do you see it pulling the guide? I forget exactly what it says, I'm currently traveling for work. But when my Kodi starts up I can see it pulling the channels and guide listings in the upper left hand side of the screen.
Yes when Kodi first boots a notification pops up at the top right saying something about loading the guide for each channel but nothing actually loads.

swamprat96

Post by swamprat96 »

The one thing that's putting me off installing this on my shield is it's an entire install of Kodi. I've spent hours customising Kodi and the idea of starting from scratch is not appealing. Is it possible to get this as an add-on rather than a complete install?

Edit. Ok I bit the bullet and uninstalled Kodi to add this APK. I tried to restore my settings from a backup but that completely screwed things up. So I've reinstalled again and manually set it up. 3 hours in total....

Anyway works brilliantly on the shield as another poster also commented. Ijust need to make sure it doesn't auto update Kodi

otaku

Post by otaku »

I'm attempting to install this on my kids Google Nexus and when I enable the PVR I get "Add-on couldn't be loaded Can't load shared library.

I used the 17.4 "Krypton" Android arm (APK) to install

Suggestions?

djp952
Device ID: 131EB7F7;131ED0E0

Post by djp952 »

mtk wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:51 am
usafle wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:05 am When you reboot Kodi, and it first starts up, do you see it pulling the guide? I forget exactly what it says, I'm currently traveling for work. But when my Kodi starts up I can see it pulling the channels and guide listings in the upper left hand side of the screen.
Yes when Kodi first boots a notification pops up at the top right saying something about loading the guide for each channel but nothing actually loads.
When you use the HDHomeRun app, can you see guide entries in the Slice UI beyond about 4 hours into the future? If you highlight a channel and hold down the right arrow key you should be able to go about 2 weeks into the future. If you can't get past the 4 hour mark, I would guess your subscription to the service isn't working quite right, and that would explain the lack of guide data.

Otherwise, are you able to access the Kodi log file? If there is an HTTP error occurring it will show up in there. That should be the only other thing that would prevent all the guide data from loading.

edit: Based on your screen shot with the channel names, you definitely aren't getting any data from the backend. The channel names are the ones discovered by the EXTEND, they will change when the guide data is present. I'm definitely interested in your results accessing full guide info from the HDHomeRun application, I haven't seen any reports like this one except where the DVR subscription wasn't activated.
Last edited by djp952 on Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

djp952

Post by djp952 »

otaku wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:52 am I'm attempting to install this on my kids Google Nexus and when I enable the PVR I get "Add-on couldn't be loaded Can't load shared library.

I used the 17.4 "Krypton" Android arm (APK) to install

Suggestions?
Which Nexus device, specifically? ARM is a good choice by default, I would think the APK wouldn't even install if that wasn't the right one, but "Can't load shared library" would generally be caused by an architecture mismatch.

djp952

Post by djp952 »

swamprat96 wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:39 pm The one thing that's putting me off installing this on my shield is it's an entire install of Kodi. I've spent hours customising Kodi and the idea of starting from scratch is not appealing. Is it possible to get this as an add-on rather than a complete install?

Edit. Ok I bit the bullet and uninstalled Kodi to add this APK. I tried to restore my settings from a backup but that completely screwed things up. So I've reinstalled again and manually set it up. 3 hours in total....

Anyway works brilliantly on the shield as another poster also commented. Ijust need to make sure it doesn't auto update Kodi
The Kodi settings can typically be hand-copied and restored as necessary, they are on the SD card (or equivalent) rather than in the /data volume which is probably what caused issues with the restore. Sorry I didn't see this before you went through all that, but I've heard that the SD card contents actually don't get cleared when you uninstall Kodi and the new APK inherits them. If that's not the case, locating the Kodi folder on the SD card and keeping that intact should prevent you from having to go through the aggravation again at least :(

otaku

Post by otaku »

It's a Google Nexus Player - CPU: ARMv7.

Actually the apk would not load so I tried using the zip file and noticed your PVR was added but when I attempt to Enable that's when I get the shared library error.

clarkss12
Device ID: 104CBEA5 ;1055A951

Post by clarkss12 »

otaku wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:15 pm It's a Google Nexus Player - CPU: ARMv7.

Actually the apk would not load so I tried using the zip file and noticed your PVR was added but when I attempt to Enable that's when I get the shared library error.
The Nexus Player uses and Intel SoC, try one of the Android x86 versions, try this one. Been awhile since I used it on my Nexus Player, but I could be totally wrong.

https://github.com/djp952/pvr.hdhomerun ... 2.6423.apk

otaku

Post by otaku »

Tried it and got

Package conflicts with an existing package by the same name

Note - I deleted the previous attempt before trying to install the one you suggested.

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 10802091 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Post by signcarver »

I don't keep much tabs on Kodi as "all" my channels have DRM but back at the end of July it was reported by the kodi developers that
Nexus player runs ARM just fine.
Since Intel stopped doing Android x86 stuff we decided we'd stop building these.

There was a post in this thread or the old thread about such (the change to a new thread started about the same time)... however that attitude might have changed as they removed the thread over on the kodi forums (or maybe it just auto purged as it has been 2 months).

usafle

Post by usafle »

You have to remove your Kodi install and install the new .apk which contains Kodi AND the plugin.

Same issue I had.
otaku wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:14 am Tried it and got

Package conflicts with an existing package by the same name

Note - I deleted the previous attempt before trying to install the one you suggested.

clarkss12
Device ID: 104CBEA5 ;1055A951

Post by clarkss12 »

I just tested it on my Nexus Player (still using Android 7.1.2), downloaded this file, (kodi-17.3-zuki.pvr.hdhomerundvr-x86-1.2.2.6423.apk), copied it to a folder on my WDMycloud NAS. Using the "X-plore" app, I copied it to my Nexus Player and it installed it.

You will need to go into the TV settings and change it from 3 days to 14 days. If it starts downloading the guide data, before you change to 14 days, you will have to go into TV settings and "clear" the data, then it will populate with 14 days of guide data.

It works great on my Nexus Player (but I don't use this player).

otaku

Post by otaku »

Yep!

Worked perfectly!

Thank You!

mtk

Post by mtk »

djp952 wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:49 pm
mtk wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:51 am
When you use the HDHomeRun app, can you see guide entries in the Slice UI beyond about 4 hours into the future? If you highlight a channel and hold down the right arrow key you should be able to go about 2 weeks into the future. If you can't get past the 4 hour mark, I would guess your subscription to the service isn't working quite right, and that would explain the lack of guide data.

Otherwise, are you able to access the Kodi log file? If there is an HTTP error occurring it will show up in there. That should be the only other thing that would prevent all the guide data from loading.

edit: Based on your screen shot with the channel names, you definitely aren't getting any data from the backend. The channel names are the ones discovered by the EXTEND, they will change when the guide data is present. I'm definitely interested in your results accessing full guide info from the HDHomeRun application, I haven't seen any reports like this one except where the DVR subscription wasn't activated.
When I use the guide in the HDHomeRun Windows app it shows programming 24hrs into the future.

Edit: When hold the right arrow on the channel in the HDHomeRun Windows app I can access the guide a full 2 weeks into the future.

Here's a screenshot showning the HDHomeRun DVR account is active.

Here's a link to the Kodi Log. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-5Em ... lRlOWhMM00
Looks like there is an error getting EPG data for the channels.
Last edited by mtk on Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.