(Original thread: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=64143)
zuki.pvr.hdhomerundvr is an open-source Kodi PVR Client add-on supporting the SiliconDust HDHomeRun DVR services. This is different than the official Kodi HDHomeRun PVR Client -- this client exclusively works with the DVR services; you must be a subscriber in order to access all this add-on has to offer.
- Kodi 16 "Jarvis", Kodi 17 "Krypton", or Kodi 18 "Leia"
- An active SiliconDust HDHomeRun DVR subscription (https://www.silicondust.com/dvr-service)
- An HDHomeRun recording engine instance on your local network
- Microsoft Windows / Windows Store *
- GNU Linux i686 / x86_64 / ARMv7 / ARMv8 (ARM64)
- Android x86 / ARMv7 / ARMv8 (ARM64) **
- Raspbian for Raspberry Pi 2 / Raspberry Pi 3
- Apple OSX x86_64
- Universal Windows Platform ***
** Android ARMv8 clients are available for Kodi 17 "Krypton" and Kodi 18 "Leia" only
*** Universal Windows Platform is available for Kodi 18 "Leia" only
- Live TV streaming and time-shifting **
- Full Electronic Program Guide (EPG) data
- Recorded TV playback and deletion
- Timers and Timer Rules (Record Series, Record Once)
- Channel Groups (HD Channels, SD Channels, Favorite Channels)
- HDHomeRun Premium TV (demo and subscription)
All documentation and downloads for the PVR client are located on GitHub. Please feel free to leave comments and suggestions regarding documentation, keeping that up to date is far more of a challenge than keeping the code up to date. Here are a few direct links to get you started, I suggest thumbing through the other documentation pages as time allows:
Main Documentation Page:
Kodi 16 "Jarvis" : https://github.com/djp952/pvr.hdhomerun ... odi-Jarvis
Kodi 17 "Krypton" : https://github.com/djp952/pvr.hdhomerun ... di-Krypton
Kodi 18 "Leia" : https://github.com/djp952/pvr.hdhomerun ... -Kodi-Leia
Known Issues and Limitations Page:
https://github.com/djp952/pvr.hdhomerun ... imitations
As of December 2018 there have been more than 30 releases of the client, many of which were driven exclusively by bug reports and feature requests from here on the SiliconDust forums; if there is something not working right or something you think it could do better, please say so! Without feedback, there would be no versions for Android, no access to the full Electronic Program Guide, and there would definitely be a lot more defects in there. All feedback, positive or negative, is quite welcome.
I'd also like to thank our host here, SiliconDust, not only for allowing us to use their forums but for creating HDHomeRun and the HDHomeRun DVR solution in the first place. I've been using HDHomeRun devices since 2008 and have never looked back. None of this would be possible without their hard work.
NOTE: As a rule, I do not accept donations. I deeply appreciate the offer, but it's reward enough for me to have so many people getting use out of the project. I've got a day job; this is a hobby