djp952
Device ID: 131EB7F7;131ED0E0

Re: Unofficial Kodi PVR Client for HDHomeRun DVR subscribers

Post by djp952 »

NYPlayer wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:58 pm
otaku wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:07 pm
"UnInstall the Version of KODI that is already Installed... then install the downloaded APK."

Seriously? Do you mean uninstall Kodi 17.3 with all my add-ons?
I believe there is a manual Install ... look in the wiki.
Yeah, it's not very nice I know. The manual install works if you have root access (and still kinda sucks to execute), and the full APK does indeed require removal of regular Kodi first. It's double annoying because uninstalling Kodi on Android nukes all your settings unlike on Windows or Linux so you start from absolute scratch. You could probably back up the folder on the SD card and restore it to get all your settings and Python addons back pretty easily.

Honestly it's the best I can do. Until Kodi has an APK-based binary addon solution (they were working on one, but I haven't seen any recent activity) the only way to get a new binary addon in there is to hack it or to generate a whole new APK. Android's security prevents running code from an SD Card, which is really the crux of the problem. I can't make an APK that is compatible with the official one because the APK would have to be signed with the same private key that Kodi uses. It's certainly not cool to try and steal somebody's private key, and I think they keep it locked up regardless (as they should).

djp952

Post by djp952 »

On a happier note ... please enjoy a little 1.1 "beta 2" on the house. First drink is free, no cover charge.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AgEGEEVzGNq-id53OtH1XXHgXAAGvA

The only notable change is the (assumed) resolution of the crash issue on Linux and Android. I still have some tricks I want to try to pull out for you guys and I haven't finished testing most platforms yet, so still calling it a "beta". I'm shooting for a full release this weekend :)

Enjoy!!

NYPlayer
Device ID: 104112F4,104162C4,10438DAD,10438DF5,10701381,13147C7B,131A192A

Post by NYPlayer »

djp952 wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:12 pm
On a happier note ... please enjoy a little 1.1 "beta 2" on the house. First drink is free, no cover charge.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AgEGEEVzGNq-id53OtH1XXHgXAAGvA

The only notable change is the (assumed) resolution of the crash issue on Linux and Android. I still have some tricks I want to try to pull out for you guys and I haven't finished testing most platforms yet, so still calling it a "beta". I'm shooting for a full release this weekend :)

Enjoy!!
Well it is probably a coincidence but my channels are all playing ... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Edit yeah was just a coincidence :oops: :oops: :oops:

pavlov70

Post by pavlov70 »

djp952 wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:12 pm
I think that did the trick for me. Seems a lot more stable now. Thanks!

Looking forward to what else you have in store.

masonpharmd

Post by masonpharmd »

SO I just downloaded 1.1 for Android Krypton. AND OMG! :D :D :D :D :D
You just ended my search for a cord cutter that the family will accept!!
With all the EPG it functions just like my Tivo (within the limitations of Kodi)
Mike? You do beautiful work! Silicon Dust should adopt as the OFFICIAL Kodi PVR client for the service.
I haven't fully played around yet, but I think this will eliminate running down to the Windows computer to schedule a recording!!

otaku

Post by otaku »

I agree!

Well Done!!!

Question - How do I retain my channel numbers? With this PVR client my channel numbers stat at 1 and it's confusing for the family.

Thanks!

NYPlayer

Post by NYPlayer »

otaku wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:26 pm
I agree!

Well Done!!!

Question - How do I retain my channel numbers? With this PVR client my channel numbers stat at 1 and it's confusing for the family.

Thanks!
Go into
Settings - PVR & LiveTV Settings - Set it to expert at the bottom - then go up to General ... turn on "Use Channel numbers from backend" then clear data (same screen) it should reload the guide with correct channel numbers.

otaku

Post by otaku »

Perfect!

Thank You!

pavlov70

Post by pavlov70 »

I was curious as to how this plugin handles multiple HDHomeruns? It's my understanding the official one will show multiples of each channel. I was thinking about picking up another once since I can no longer use my old Ceton card. Does this exhibit the same behavior?

thanks
rob

NYPlayer

Post by NYPlayer »

pavlov70 wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:55 am
I was curious as to how this plugin handles multiple HDHomeruns? It's my understanding the official one will show multiples of each channel. I was thinking about picking up another once since I can no longer use my old Ceton card. Does this exhibit the same behavior?

thanks
rob
NO ... Same Channel numbers are combined if you have 4 connects you only see one listing not four. I have 4 connects and 2 Primes and it combines them perfectly.

djp952

Post by djp952 »

masonpharmd wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:05 pm
SO I just downloaded 1.1 for Android Krypton. AND OMG! :D :D :D :D :D
You just ended my search for a cord cutter that the family will accept!!
With all the EPG it functions just like my Tivo (within the limitations of Kodi)
Mike? You do beautiful work! Silicon Dust should adopt as the OFFICIAL Kodi PVR client for the service.
I haven't fully played around yet, but I think this will eliminate running down to the Windows computer to schedule a recording!!
Wow, can't top a testimonial like that! Thank you very much, and thank you also to everyone out here that answer questions and help others out!

I ultimately didn't include any new features over the betas, but there were a couple required additional fixes, the Android APKs for Jarvis didn't work at all, for example. That would have been embarrassing :oops:. The main new things I was working on are really intended for Kodi 18 "Leia" support anyway.

Version 1.1.0 (Build 6391)
  • Update SQLite database engine to version 3.19.3
  • Update cURL library to version 7.54.1
  • New Electronic Program Guide (EPG) implementation
  • Fix demuxer format hint for Live TV streams
  • Use GUI dialog boxes to indicate errors that occur when adding timers rather than throwing an exception
  • Add a selection dialog box when adding Record Series Rule timers to allow user to choose from matching titles
  • Apply the "Startup discovery task delay" to the discovery executed on wake from sleep
  • (Linux/Android) Prevent cURL from raising signals on name resolution failures or data transfer time-outs
GitHub has been updated, including the documentation wiki. There is also a new 'Known Issue' to be aware of on Krypton:

"Record Series Rule" appears as an option when selecting "Add Timer" from the EPG
This is a defect in Kodi "Krypton" versions 17.1-17.3. A change was submitted to and accepted by Team Kodi to resolve this issue moving forward. There is no harm in selecting this option when it appears in the "Add Timer" EPG context menu, but it will execute a title search for the selected series as if it was selected from the generic "Add Timer" PVR menu rather than automatically selecting the series from the EPG. It is recommended that only the "Record Series" and "Record Once" timer types be selected when using the EPG.

https://github.com/djp952/pvr.hdhomerundvr/wiki

Have a great Fourth of July weekend everyone! (for those of us in the US, of course)

clarkss12
Device ID: 104CBEA5 ;1055A951

Post by clarkss12 »

NYPlayer wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:51 am
pavlov70 wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:55 am

thanks
rob
NO ... Same Channel numbers are combined if you have 4 connects you only see one listing not four. I have 4 connects and 2 Primes and it combines them perfectly.
Don't forget about that partridge in a pear tree. :)

djp952

Post by djp952 »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA - Never release anything on the first day of a month! Especially if you did most of your testing on the last day of the previous month! This is great ....

> Before anyone complains that "Add Timer" functions aren't working in the new 1.1.0 build, please check out the latest Known Issue I just added to the Wiki today (7/1/2017):

"Add Timer" appears to lock up or crashes Kodi on the first day of a month
(Won't fix - Kodi defect)

This is a defect in Kodi. A change was submitted to Team Kodi to resolve this issue moving forward. When "Add Timer" is executed on the first day of a month, an invalid date calculation takes place that attempts to subtract one from the current day, resulting in a value of zero and ultimately causing Kodi to loop and attempt to add thousands of years to the Timer Settings dialog(s) which is bad. To work around this issue, wait until the second day of the month to add new Timers.

Pull Request: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/12403

I love Kodi, I honestly and truly do, but sometimes you really have to sit back and laugh. As a long-time software developer I totally appreciate the absurdity of problems like this and workarounds like "just wait until tomorrow, it'll be fine. promise." :mrgreen:

NYPlayer

Post by NYPlayer »

djp952 wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:42 pm
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA - Never release anything on the first day of a month! Especially if you did most of your testing on the last day of the previous month! This is great ....

> Before anyone complains that "Add Timer" functions aren't working in the new 1.1.0 build, please check out the latest Known Issue I just added to the Wiki today (7/1/2017):

"Add Timer" appears to lock up or crashes Kodi on the first day of a month
(Won't fix - Kodi defect)

This is a defect in Kodi. A change was submitted to Team Kodi to resolve this issue moving forward. When "Add Timer" is executed on the first day of a month, an invalid date calculation takes place that attempts to subtract one from the current day, resulting in a value of zero and ultimately causing Kodi to loop and attempt to add thousands of years to the Timer Settings dialog(s) which is bad. To work around this issue, wait until the second day of the month to add new Timers.

Pull Request: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/12403

I love Kodi, I honestly and truly do, but sometimes you really have to sit back and laugh. As a long-time software developer I totally appreciate the absurdity of problems like this and workarounds like "just wait until tomorrow, it'll be fine. promise." :mrgreen:
I have no problems adding timers.. Added quite a few this morning. Just added another.

djp952

Post by djp952 »

NYPlayer wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:56 pm
I have no problems adding timers.. Added quite a few this morning. Just added another.
Windows, Linux or Android? Just curious, but I think it's a Windows-only problem based on the code involved. Kodi has accepted the pull request regardless, so it shouldn't be a problem anymore -- someday!