Is is possible to use Kodi with HDHR addon on Xbox One?

Kodi Community Development

Moderator: TVJunkie198

gab

Is is possible to use Kodi with HDHR addon on Xbox One?

Post by gab »

Hello

I see that a version of Kodi is available in the Xbox One store. Can that version be used as a client for HDHR DVR service running on a Servio? If so, how do you install and configure the necessary add-on?

When trying Kodi from the Windows 10 store, I see one add-on named PVR HDHomerunClient by Zoltan Csizmadia. Is that the recommended add-on for HDHR? If it is, is it possible to use the same numbering for the TV channels as in the HDHomerun client? Is it possible to see and play recordings from the Servio?

Thanks

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 10802091 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Re: Is is possible to use Kodi with HDHR addon on Xbox One?

Post by signcarver »

Most likely not the addon you would want for a servio...

your best bet would to probably use djp952's add on... a post specific to xbox one can be found here but last I heard due to limitations on the platform I'm not sure some of the latest changes are included but it appears such has been updated if you look at the download page at git. To my knowledge no one has published a step by step instructions on how to get it installed on the xbox one nor reported ever using such as most tend to use SD's software on the platform particularly if one has servio/scribe.

gab

Re: Is is possible to use Kodi with HDHR addon on Xbox One?

Post by gab »

@signcarver Thank you for your prompt feedback. I will stick to SD's software then. Too bad because I like how the user interface of Kodi looks like.