Downloading Unofficial Kodi HDHR Pgm Using Git Browser

Kodi Community Development

Moderator: TVJunkie198

toppinglift

Downloading Unofficial Kodi HDHR Pgm Using Git Browser

Post by toppinglift » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:23 pm

Hi All,

I thought I would try to download the Unofficial HDHomerun program directly from GitHub within Kodi using Gitbrowser, but I can't find it using Michael Brehem's user name on Github which I believe is djp952. The search comes up empty. I've never done it that way before, so if anyone can help me, I would like to find this file to confirm that I know how to download directly from Github instead of sideloading addon zip files.

I tried other user names, and I found their files. Thanks in advance.

djp952
Device ID: 131EB7F7;131ED0E0

Re: Downloading Unofficial Kodi HDHR Pgm Using Git Browser

Post by djp952 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:04 pm

toppinglift wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:23 pm
Hi All,

I thought I would try to download the Unofficial HDHomerun program directly from GitHub within Kodi using Gitbrowser, but I can't find it using Michael Brehem's user name on Github which I believe is djp952. The search comes up empty. I've never done it that way before, so if anyone can help me, I would like to find this file to confirm that I know how to download directly from Github instead of sideloading addon zip files.

I tried other user names, and I found their files. Thanks in advance.
Hi! I think the problem is that I do not maintain a formal standalone git repository for the PVR addon. What I opted for instead was including the repository information in the PVR addon itself. This means that you have to find, download, and install the PVR addon at least once before things like auto-update and/or the ability to install while in Kodi kick in.

The only reason I created a Kodi repository on GitHub was to facilitate auto-updates. Having a standalone repository could be possible in the future, but I can't promise that right now.

Unfortunately, the only currently available way to install/update the PVR is by manually installing it via the .zip file at least one time :(

toppinglift

Post by toppinglift » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:01 am

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the quick reply, much appreciated that you write that I couldn't find your program due to circumstances beyond my control.--saved me hours from going around in circles :-)

toppinglift

Post by toppinglift » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:24 pm

@djp952,

I tried sideloading the add-on zip file zuki.pvr.hdhomerundvr-android-aarch64-krypton-2.2.1.7153.zip (unofficial HDHR addon) from djp952, but I get the following error message in my log:

"Failed to install Add-On from zip file, The dependency on kodi.guilib version 5.11.0 could not be satisfied." Would you know what I should do next? I have a Beelink GT-1 running Android 6.0 Thanks.

djp952

Post by djp952 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:28 pm

toppinglift wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:24 pm
@djp952,

I tried sideloading the add-on zip file zuki.pvr.hdhomerundvr-android-aarch64-krypton-2.2.1.7153.zip (unofficial HDHR addon) from djp952, but I get the following error message in my log:

"Failed to install Add-On from zip file, The dependency on kodi.guilib version 5.11.0 could not be satisfied." Would you know what I should do next? I have a Beelink GT-1 running Android 6.0 Thanks.
That message means you are trying to load an addon for the wrong version of Kodi. My guess would be you want the "Leia" version of the PVR instead of the (now legacy) "Krypton", but I can't be sure of what Kodi version you have. What does the Kodi splash screen say when it starts up? Do you see a Superman-esque logo and the word "Krypton", or perhaps something more like being inside a really big Millennium Falcon and the word "Leia"?

toppinglift

Post by toppinglift » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:45 pm

Hi djp952,

No, I definitely have Krypton and loaded the Krypton add-on zip file from your repository. I'll upgrade to Leia and see what happens with the Leia add-on. Thanks.

Ken.F
Device ID: 1041A706, 1043EB32, 104BAD9E, 13168DC5, 1322A7AC

Post by Ken.F » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:36 am

Don't Android users have to install Kodi using the .apk that already has the PVR built in or did that change?

djp952

Post by djp952 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:04 pm

Ken.F wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:36 am
Don't Android users have to install Kodi using the .apk that already has the PVR built in or did that change?
Quite right Ken! It was technically possible on Krypton (and Jarvis) if the android device was rooted, but the hassle involved typically isn't worth it. I have (awful) directions on how to do that if you want to go that way. I apologize for not considering that to be the source of your error, thankfully there are lots of good folks out here like Ken to help!!

OP: If you want to keep Krypton, please follow the directions here: https://github.com/djp952/pvr.hdhomerun ... di-Krypton (Scroll down to ".APK Addon Packages"). Note that you still have to uninstall the formal Kodi .APK first since this is a repackaged copy of Kodi with a few files added. As a result the .APK had to be resigned with my private key making it incompatible with the formal one.

If you update to Leia the installation from .zip is the same for Android as it would be for Windows or Linux. Leia 18.3 is pretty good, my main complaint on Android is that it can be a bit slower than Krypton was.