Post by Ken.F »

Does this translate?

DVR Service Subscription Required
Activated tuner device not found.

djp952
Device ID: 131EB7F7;131ED0E0

Re: Unofficial Kodi HDHomeRun DVR PVR Client

Post by djp952 »

Ken.F wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:20 am Does this translate?

DVR Service Subscription Required
Activated tuner device not found.
I'm sure it would better than what I came up with!

djp952

Post by djp952 »

edit: v2.0.0 Beta 1 has been pulled in favor of formal v2.0.0. Please see first post in this thread.
Last edited by djp952 on Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

timecutter

Post by timecutter »

djp952 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:51 pm … beware Romulans bearing gifts …
appears to be working for me on coreelec 9.0-nightly_20190404 (Amlogic.arm). Very happy they accepted your proposed change for their pvr implementation!

I'll let you know if I notice anything.

djp952

Post by djp952 »

You guys will like this one I just submitted too … no more of those darn "ERROR: PVR::CPVRTimerType::CreateFromAttributes: Unable to resolve timer type (0x1, 0xa, xxxxxxxx)" log messages.

Turns out it was just some unnecessary code, at least in my opinion. I'm sure Kodi will send me back to the drawing board for at least one thing, but I would really like those error messages to stop :) I'd love for this to be in Kodi 18.2.

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/15882

djp952

Post by djp952 »

timecutter wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:43 pm
djp952 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:51 pm … beware Romulans bearing gifts …
appears to be working for me on coreelec 9.0-nightly_20190404 (Amlogic.arm). Very happy they accepted your proposed change for their pvr implementation!

I'll let you know if I notice anything.
Thanks! Surprisingly I haven't found anything wrong with it yet either. I'll let my family take a crack at it, if they can't break it … (they can, and will).

edit: Thank you Microsoft, my dev PC is self-updating to 1903; I forgot to remove it from Release Preview ring. Before that happens I'm building v2.0.0 final with the expectation of releasing tonight or tomorrow. I don't upgrade - I wipe clean! oh well. It really seems solid to me, fingers crossed .... will post when it's live of course.

djp952

Post by djp952 »

Because I forgot to get out of the "Release Preview" ring ...

Version 2.0.0 (2019.04.09)
  • Update SQLite database engine to version 3.27.2
  • Update cURL library to version 7.64.1
  • Add "Invalidate tuner device authorization codes after" advanced setting
  • Change default discovery interval from 5 minutes to 1 hour
  • Change default lineup discovery interval from 10 minutes to 45 minutes
  • (Leia) Migrate addon settings definition to new format; add help strings for all settings
  • Remove "Disable discovery of HDHomeRun RECORD devices" advanced setting
  • Retrieve DVR service authorization flag for tuner(s) during device discovery
  • Maintain database timestamps indicating when all backend data was last discovered
  • Log discovered HDHomeRun devices after device discovery completes
  • Prevent redundant rediscovery of devices and channel lineups during PVR startup task
  • Use separate HTTP connection and DNS lookup cache for Electronic Program Guide (EPG) requests
  • Block attempts to add/remove/update recording rules if no tuners with DVR authorization were discovered
  • Prevent access to all backend services when no valid device authorization code(s) are available
  • Fix bug preventing recording rule discovery from executing if "Delete expired date/time recording rules after" setting has changed
  • Fix bug causing unnecessary timer updates when series episodes are available via multiple channels
  • Fix bug that allowed deleted timers to remain listed if multiple timer rules were associated with a series
  • Fix bug that caused "Malformed JSON" errors during processing of EPG listings when no data was available
Downloads:
Kodi 16 "Jarvis" : https://github.com/djp952/pvr.hdhomerun ... odi-Jarvis
Kodi 17 "Krypton" : https://github.com/djp952/pvr.hdhomerun ... di-Krypton
Kodi 18 "Leia" : https://github.com/djp952/pvr.hdhomerun ... -Kodi-Leia

LEIA USERS: v2.0.0 will reset some of your addon settings. This was necessary to move forward into the new Leia settings format. These specific settings will be reset:
  • General / Delete stale recording date/time rules after
  • Discovery / { All settings }
  • Advanced / DVR stream read chunk size
  • Advanced / DVR stream ring buffer size
I'll skip my usual release diatribe tonight; check out the release note bullets above -- the majority of them are self-explanatory. v2.0.0 is a big release, so big that I finally made it "v2", but the lionshare of changes are with the metadata layer(s), nothing was changed in regard to streaming capabilities.

While I wasn't able to find any problems with the release with the devices I have on-hand, I appreciate any and all feedback. I'm not delusional -- a release this big is doomed to fail for somebody. There is a reason we in the software business dread things that are "dot oh" (.0) in nature. "2.0.1" also sounds way cooler than "2.0.0", so lay those problems/defects on me!

Ken.F
Device ID: 1041A706, 1043EB32, 104BAD9E, 13168DC5, 1322A7AC

Post by Ken.F »

djp952 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:18 pm Version 2.0.0 (2019.04.09)

While I wasn't able to find any problems with the release with the devices I have on-hand, I appreciate any and all feedback.
It seems to work fine on my Shield and Linux-x86_64 PC with Leia but I haven't given them a thorough workout yet. I'll test drive it on those devices for a few days before I update my Win7 HTPC.

djp952

Post by djp952 »

I was checking the GitHub release download counts to make sure that auto-update is working for everyone this time around, and since 1.3.13 was around for longer than is typical, there are some fun and/or surprising factoids that can be gleaned. This is unscientific, for all I know somebody just downloaded one version 500 times :)

• Leia v1.3.13 was downloaded more than twice as much as any other version
  • The most popular platform, by a rather wide margin, is Windows x64
  • There are actually more ARM64 Android users than there are ARM Android users
  • There is a non-trivial amount of users using Android x86 (and none of them have auto-update enabled)
  • The GNU Linux platforms are very diverse, x86_64 has the most, but all platforms have good representation
  • Kodi Jarvis is still hanging on!
I found it to be kind of fun to look at how the PVR is being used out there, anyway :) It's cool for me to see that continuing to try and support so many different platforms and versions of Kodi at the same time still pays off for you too. (Note: I'm not doing Isengard - lol).

As always, thanks for using this project and all the feedback provided over the past couple years.

ddejager

Post by ddejager »

The 2.0.0 build is working fine for me on OSMC on a raspberry Pi as well as on a FireTV Stick. Both running Krypton. Neither, however, auto-update. Should they?

Are there any known issues remaining with Leia?

Great product!

djp952

Post by djp952 »

ddejager wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:43 am The 2.0.0 build is working fine for me on OSMC on a raspberry Pi as well as on a FireTV Stick. Both running Krypton. Neither, however, auto-update. Should they?
Linux builds do not currently have auto-update enabled. This is more of a Kodi thing than anything else, most (if not all?) Linux-based distros have a set of addons compiled just for them. Like on Ubuntu you use a separate APT package for binary addons.

It would be possible for me to do Linux, but only if I maintain separate repositories for each platform. When Kodi goes out to look for updates it only knows it's Linux, not what flavor. So if I were to set up say a "linux-arm" and a "linux-aarch64" repository, I could hard-code that into the addon.xml file and then theoretically it would work.

I am happy to look into this again, I think it would work, I would just need to probably make myself some new build tools to automate it, today I just hand-edit the .XML in the repository for new version(s).
ddejager wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:43 am Are there any known issues remaining with Leia?
Leia 18.2 *should* wrap up everything I know about. I got a couple pull requests in for that release that should hopefully resolve the audio-only stream problems as well as the constant PVR Timer errors in the log. I have one Issue left open on GitHub, which is that audio-only problem (I gave up ever trying to deal with darwin/iOS - sorry iPhone folks).

I personally have an annoying Kodi-level issue that I've yet to figure out or see a resolution on, but may have been fixed for 18.2 - whenever I watch a channel that switches audio formats, mainly in commercials, the audio drops out for a few seconds. That only happens on my living room PC/TV, which I keep on the formal Kodi release, so I have no idea if that's fixed too.
ddejager wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:43 am Great product!
Mainly because of great users that have a lot of patience with me! :mrgreen:

ddejager

Post by ddejager »

Thanks for your replies. I don't think that it is worth all the effort for you to build separate auto update mechanisms for each Linux distro, unless the majority of your users use the same one.

ddejager

Post by ddejager »

Perhaps I spoke too soon about no problems with 2.0.0. I'm using it with OSMC on Raspberry Pi. My power went out last night. Today it is back. The guide data was messed up (wrong listings for some channels, none for others). I cleared the guide data as in the past the guide would refresh correctly. Now the guide is completely blank. Is this expected? Do I now need to wait a few hours for a refresh? Channels do play correctly so I'm able to talk to the tuner.

djp952

Post by djp952 »

ddejager wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:05 pm Perhaps I spoke too soon about no problems with 2.0.0. I'm using it with OSMC on Raspberry Pi. My power went out last night. Today it is back. The guide data was messed up (wrong listings for some channels, none for others). I cleared the guide data as in the past the guide would refresh correctly. Now the guide is completely blank. Is this expected? Do I now need to wait a few hours for a refresh? Channels do play correctly so I'm able to talk to the tuner.
Did you keep the kodi.log file (or kodi.old.log)? If there was a backend glitch/temporary outage we should see that there. I wasn't home right when you posted this, but I did a clear data on Guide and it all looks good here.

I would try that first - go into PVR & Live TV settings, Guide, hit Clear Data. If nothing still shows up, it could be a device authorization string concern, the backend guide service is definitely up and running as of 7:41PM EDT. The log file should hold the key to this mystery.

FWIW, the guide load seems really really really fast right now too, so fast I assumed it wasn't working. It was like 5 seconds to reload (just 1 day) all the channels. Perhaps SD was tweaking something?

ddejager

Post by ddejager »

I tried this on both my OSMC device and on my FireTV Stick. Over two hours now and no gujide data shows up on either device. If I use the HDHOMERun app on windows, I can see all the guide data (more than 2 days out), so I don't think that it is an authorization problem. Just now I cleared the guide data again (9:35 PM EDT) and still no guide data....all blank. Logs can be found at https://paste.osmc.tv/uvoyeyosak