Unofficial Kodi HDHomeRun DVR PVR Client

Kodi Community Development

Moderator: TVJunkie198

matt77303

Re: Unofficial Kodi HDHomeRun DVR PVR Client

Post by matt77303 »

Its a great addon.

Tbh I've never noticed it update. I checked on github the other day and both my main installs were behind the version available on github.

Maybe I have a kodi setting wrong.

Matt

djp952
Device ID: 131EB7F7;131ED0E0

Post by djp952 »

matt77303 wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:49 pm Its a great addon.

Tbh I've never noticed it update. I checked on github the other day and both my main installs were behind the version available on github.

Maybe I have a kodi setting wrong.

Matt
What platform are you using? I can check it out to make sure nothing got broken. Kodi also has it's own schedule for updating addons, you have to wait for it to discover it and then the addon can't be in use. I think on some platforms it won't install a new addon unless you restart Kodi.

Regardless I would like the opportunity to make it right if something is wrong :) The platforms I regularly use and seem to keep themselves updated are Windows, LibreELEC x86_64, Android ARM64, and a Vero 4K/OSMC device using the Linux ARMHF variant.

matt77303

Post by matt77303 »

Sorry for the delay,

im using it primarily on corelec,

Both my main installs stopped working till i manually updated it. it was running 'zuki.pvr.hdhomerundvr-linux-armhf-matrix-3.3.4.7648', had to manually update to 'zuki.pvr.hdhomerundvr-linux-armhf-matrix-3.3.4.7681', then was all good again.

Thanks

Matt

djp952

Post by djp952 »

Ah, you're on Matrix instead of Leia. The PVR API changed (should be the last time for Matrix, fingers crossed) which breaks the previous addon version(s). When Kodi detects they are incompatible it messes with the private repository settings since they are part of the now disabled addon, so when you try "Versions" it doesn't do anything useful.

Unfortunately this is normal, you do indeed need to manually update Matrix-based systems if the Kodi API has changed and broke the addon's compatibility.

Again, I think this is the last time they will change the API on Matrix, it's in Release Candidate state now. Maybe if time allows I can make a suggestion to Kodi about allowing an upgrade of a broken addon that has it's own private repository but I don't think they will go for it :)

Nothing to see here, move along ... lol

matt77303

Post by matt77303 »

Cool. So its nothing I had setup wrong?

Matt

djp952

Post by djp952 »

Nope! Just a victim of circumstances :) I will look to see if this can be improved on the Kodi side, but again I'm not thinking that will be the case.

matt77303

Post by matt77303 »

Thanks

Matt

rdoac

Post by rdoac »

I also had to manually update on arm64 android and arm. (Nvidia shields). I noticed it's no longer tracking which recordings I've watched.

I watched a show last night. It showed I'd watched it right away, then that flag vanished when I went back into the folder.

djp952

Post by djp952 »

Hi! Also running a Kodi Matrix build, or is this on Leia? If Matrix, the manual update is an unfortunate but necessary step until the APIs stop changing, which they should have at this point.

The watched flag for recordings is stored in the Kodi database, but the addon is responsible for saving and loading the "Last Played Position", so there are two places where something could be going wrong. Given that you can play recordings I'm thinking there won't be anything wrong with the RECORD engine, so I'm leaning toward this being a Kodi thing but will of course investigate. When you say "watched" was Kodi indicating a check mark (watched the whole thing, no resume position) or the half-moon icon (watched partially, needs resume position)?

Can you tell me the version of Kodi you have installed? Settings / System Information. If you can capture both the Build and Git values I can be sure to test against the exact same Kodi code. It's working here for me on the Matrix RC1 build as well as Leia 18.9, and I can test the ARM build on my Android phone (wife would kill me if I touch the Shield, that has become hers!)

edit: also quick check - one or multiple RECORD engines in your setup right now? (See, I remember you!)

rdoac

Post by rdoac »

I just tested it again. I chuckled through two episodes of a show and got a check mark on both. Then party way through a third and got a partially viewed icon. Went to get system status for you. Now both my fully watched show indicators vanished but the partially watched icon was still there.

Build 19 0 rc1 18.9.910

Android 9.0 api 28

Version 3.3.4 of the plugin (installed yesterday)

1 record engine

Still have my imported recordings from mythtv which threw things off earlier in the year.

rdoac

Post by rdoac »

Hmmm. Exited and restarted kodi and my watched recordings may be back. I'll come back if it goes weird again.

djp952

Post by djp952 »

OK. The check mark / watched indicator is a Kodi function called the "Recording Play Count". While a PVR addon can implement this, mine does not. If the PVR addon doesn't support this, Kodi will store this in it's own database. Not sure what conditions would cause it to reset on you like that, are you using a shared Kodi database (this flag is stored in the MyVideosxxx.db database file)? With a shared database one Kodi instance may overwrite the data from another.

I can look into this with Kodi if you'd like, but I may have a better idea.

I don't know if it always did this or not, but the RECORD engine appears to support setting a special Resume position that I should be able to use as a watched indicator and alleviate this function from Kodi altogether. I found that in the HDHomeRun View application if you watch a recording all the way to the end this will be set, and in that application you'd see a full scroll bar for the recording. This is pretty much all I need to implement this. The Kodi database is removed from the equation, and the status is maintained by RECORD so it will sync with the HDHomeRun View app and any other Kodi instances running the addon.

I think this is best approach to take, let me see about implementing it on my end, shouldn't take long. Besides, this way you can make sure auto-update still works on Matrix since the API hasn't changed :)

Give me a day or two.

djp952

Post by djp952 »

rdoac, this is done and I just want to run a few more tests with a shared Kodi database.

I did note on Leia that there is a Kodi bug that sometimes doesn't update the icon associated with a recording, but so far I can't duplicate that on Matrix. Kodi is doing all the things it's supposed to, it's just the icon that isn't changing sometimes. Cosmetic.

If nothing goes horribly awry, I might even push this out tonight for you.

djp952

Post by djp952 »

Finally had something worth releasing, thank you rdoac!

Version: 3.4.0 (2021.01.30)
  • Update libhdhomerun library to version 20201023
  • Update SQLite database engine to version 3.34.1
  • Add "Export discovery diagnostic data" PVR Client Specific setting
  • Add "HEVC Channels" channel group
  • Add support for persistent Recorded TV watched/unwatched (play count) flags
  • Change "DVR stream read operation minimum size" advanced option to default to "Automatic" and allow for an updated range of 4KiB to 64KiB
  • Replace forward slash characters with hyphen characters in Recorded TV folder names to work around Kodi limitation
  • Trigger an XMLTV reload operation during startup if there are missing channel(s) in the Electronic Program Guide (EPG) listings
Downloads:
MATRIX USERS: Requires Matrix Release Candidate (RC) 1 or later

Add support for persistent Recorded TV watched/unwatched (play count) flags
This change adds (what I think is, anyway) a really nice enhancement and I'm very happy with it. Initially reported by rdoac, the addon wasn't capable of dealing with Kodi operations like "Mark as watched" or "Mark as Unwatched" that can set/clear the check mark in Recorded TV, or if you're using Matrix, update the played/total ratio displayed at the folder level. Either I completely missed this in the past or it was added at some point along the way, but the RECORD engine does support flagging a recording as "watched" by setting a special resume point value. I've taken advantage of this to implement the Kodi Recorded TV "play count" function and it appears to behave how I would expect, at least in regard to the default (Estuary) skin iconography. The best part here is that it's 100% compatible with the HDHomeRun View app, and finally provides a way to persist these flags/icons across Kodi instances on your network. If you disagree with this please let me know!

NOTE: I did find a Kodi defect/bug on Leia wherein you can get the icon Kodi displays for the recording to be out of sync with the actual status (in-progress vs. watched, for example), but I determined it to be cosmetic and was not able to replicate it on Matrix. If you find a disconnect with the Kodi iconography in regard to the expected play state on Matrix, please let me know and give me steps to reproduce so I can raise an Issue with Team Kodi.

Replace forward slash characters with hyphen characters in Recorded TV folder names to work around Kodi limitation
This change adds a workaround for a Kodi limitation with Recorded TV series names that have a forward-slash ("/") in their name, like "20/20". Kodi 18/19 has no mechanism to handle this and will treat a forward-slash as a directory delimiter, causing an erroneous subdirectory to be created. The workaround alters the series name to replace any forward-slash characters with hyphen characters. While not ideal, an Issue has been opened with Kodi to improve this for Kodi 20 "N".

Everything else here is pretty mundane and not expected to cause any grief. If grief happens to be caused, please do let me know so I can fix it for you ASAP.

Ken.F
Device ID: 1041A706, 1043EB32, 104BAD9E, 13168DC5, 1322A7AC

Post by Ken.F »

I've been seeing high CPU usage on my Win7-64 PC for a few minutes when Matrix is first started. It doesn't do it on the same PC with Krypton so I just thought there was something different about how Matrix starts up. The other day I realized the CPU usage isn't caused by Matrix itself starting, but it's happening right after the PVR addon starts. I can start Matrix up and wait for the CPU to stabilize, then disable and re-enable the PVR addon and the CPU usage will rhythmically go from less than 5% to 100% and back, over and over for a few minutes. If I start Matrix up with the PVR addon disabled the CPU goes to 100% for only a few seconds before stabilizing. I'm not sure if it's worth looking into or not but I thought I'd mention it.