Unofficial Kodi HDHomeRun DVR PVR Client

Kodi Community Development

Moderator: TVJunkie198

djp952
Device ID: 131EB7F7;131ED0E0

Re: Unofficial Kodi HDHomeRun DVR PVR Client

Post by djp952 »

hbs wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:53 am Sorry. I am new to this (Kodi)

Where I can find the HDHomerun add-on to Kodi 19 (raspberry pi)?

I have a look into the Kodi repositories and the official one isn't there.

PS: I have discovered by now that the official Kodi addon was discontinued. Installed the one that was present on their repositories on the latest Libreelec test build of today and it doesn't work.

Nothing happens when I try to run it. Is there anyone here that was able to get this unofficial (without DVR) HDHomerun Kodi addon running on the latest Libreelec?

Please, let me know.
The in-built Kodi addon (no DVR) functionality should be installable via the Addons section. Have a look in Settings / Addons / Install from Repository / Kodi Addon Repository / PVR Clients. The one you're looking for is called "PVR HDHomeRun Client".

That said, you seem to have already looked there. I don't have LibreELEC Matrix installed anywhere yet, if it's not there you might need to ask LibreELEC where it is :) If they have a build I can use I'll try to install it over the weekend and post back if I have any details to share.

hbs

Post by hbs »

djp952 wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:21 pm
hbs wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:53 am Sorry. I am new to this (Kodi)

Where I can find the HDHomerun add-on to Kodi 19 (raspberry pi)?

I have a look into the Kodi repositories and the official one isn't there.

PS: I have discovered by now that the official Kodi addon was discontinued. Installed the one that was present on their repositories on the latest Libreelec test build of today and it doesn't work.

Nothing happens when I try to run it. Is there anyone here that was able to get this unofficial (without DVR) HDHomerun Kodi addon running on the latest Libreelec?

Please, let me know.
The in-built Kodi addon (no DVR) functionality should be installable via the Addons section. Have a look in Settings / Addons / Install from Repository / Kodi Addon Repository / PVR Clients. The one you're looking for is called "PVR HDHomeRun Client".

That said, you seem to have already looked there. I don't have LibreELEC Matrix installed anywhere yet, if it's not there you might need to ask LibreELEC where it is :) If they have a build I can use I'll try to install it over the weekend and post back if I have any details to share.
Thanks for replying it.

Here's the location where you might find something for your hardware.

https://test.libreelec.tv/

I am running the latest build to my Rpi3B+ and that is what I have just discovered.

My issue was that I had IPTV Simple Client also enabled. And This was preventing PVR HDHomeRun Client from loading properly.

That being said. I had no luck playing it. Getting an error about V4L on Kodi logs. I suspect it has something to do with the revamp Kodi for Rpi went through on its video stack.

If that is the case. It will take A WHILE before this starts functioning properly.

But be my guest. If you read this and felt inclined to try Kodi Matrix, give it a go. Another input will be very welcome.

Thanks for reading.

Cheers.

djp952

Post by djp952 »

FYI on the potential problem I noted above with the new "Radio Channels" feature in the 3.5.0/4.5.0 builds when the suppress the video streams option is enabled ... from what I have been able to discern there is currently something wrong with "MusicChoice" channels (at least on Verizon FiOS) that wasn't there before. These channels are freaking out because the DTS/PTS timestamps go into complete "whack-a-doo" mode, it does not appear to be a problem with this feature. It may be that Kodi or ffmpeg needs to be more tolerant of this, but at this time I cannot blame myself and closed the related GitHub Issue.

The funny part I found here is that these channels are notably worse right now if you DON'T turn this feature on. When the video streams are present they fail more quickly and get into a really bad place; for me they become "unusable" as opposed to "problematic". #winning -- I guess??

I do realize this was a niche feature to begin with that would have little to no value for most users (at least in the US), and if it ends up falling flat on it's face that's cool. I would, however, appreciate any and all feedback (good or bad) if you've tried this out and what you have experienced. I cannot control MusicChoice mucking up their timestamps and sending me on a wild goose chase for like a week, but I can certainly control removing an ill-advised feature that will never be used :)

Thanks!!

Ken.F
Device ID: 1041A706, 1043EB32, 104BAD9E, 13168DC5, 1322A7AC

Post by Ken.F »

djp952 wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:17 pm I do realize this was a niche feature to begin with that would have little to no value for most users (at least in the US), and if it ends up falling flat on it's face that's cool. I would, however, appreciate any and all feedback (good or bad) if you've tried this out and what you have experienced. I cannot control MusicChoice mucking up their timestamps and sending me on a wild goose chase for like a week, but I can certainly control removing an ill-advised feature that will never be used :)
The FiOS MusicChoice channels worked fine for me the handful of times I tried them. If you want to get rid of it I can just tune the MC channels in the TV section.

djp952

Post by djp952 »

Ken.F wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:33 am The FiOS MusicChoice channels worked fine for me the handful of times I tried them. If you want to get rid of it I can just tune the MC channels in the TV section.
Not getting rid of anything! I think it just happened to be an unfortunate time for MC to have a weird problem; they're mostly fine for me now too.

If it stops working right, let me know, no claims of perfection are implied :)

flexo

Post by flexo »

I'm not sure if i'm in the correct thread but i'm having an issue with the EPG. I seem to have lost it during a recent ISP outage. I'm using Kodi LibreELEC on a raspberry pie along with the Zuki PVR Leia addon. My backend is a QNAP NAS running QNAP HDHomerun DVR Manager (0.10.7) and HDHRUI. Device is a HDHomeRun Prime, 3 tuners with a cable card. I purchased a DVR subscription back in 2016 and everything was working fine up until yesterday. I figured Silicon Dust had finally caught up to me so I purchased a new $35 subscription (as per your instructions) but that did not help either. I love your addons and rely heavily on the guide. Can someone help?

djp952

Post by djp952 »

flexo wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:45 am I'm not sure if i'm in the correct thread but i'm having an issue with the EPG. I seem to have lost it during a recent ISP outage. I'm using Kodi LibreELEC on a raspberry pie along with the Zuki PVR Leia addon. My backend is a QNAP NAS running QNAP HDHomerun DVR Manager (0.10.7) and HDHRUI. Device is a HDHomeRun Prime, 3 tuners with a cable card. I purchased a DVR subscription back in 2016 and everything was working fine up until yesterday. I figured Silicon Dust had finally caught up to me so I purchased a new $35 subscription (as per your instructions) but that did not help either. I love your addons and rely heavily on the guide. Can someone help?
First thing to check is to make sure that the tuners are reporting as DVR authorized. If you go into Settings / PVR & Live TV / Client Specific -> Client Specific Settings, there will be an option to "List discovered devices". This will list all the tuners and storage devices the addon found. Each tuner should say "(DVR authorized)" at the end.

If none of the devices say this, there is some disconnect between your account and your tuners that needs to be resolved with SiliconDust. If the devices DO say this, the next place to go is in the same area, but instead of "List discovered devices", click "List recent error messages" instead. If anything comes up in there the addon had an error.

My guess is the former, no authorized tuners, but let's find out! For any other conditions we'll need to go into the Kodi log ...

flexo

Post by flexo »

djp952 wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:58 am
flexo wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:45 am I'm not sure if i'm in the correct thread but i'm having an issue with the EPG. I seem to have lost it during a recent ISP outage. I'm using Kodi LibreELEC on a raspberry pie along with the Zuki PVR Leia addon. My backend is a QNAP NAS running QNAP HDHomerun DVR Manager (0.10.7) and HDHRUI. Device is a HDHomeRun Prime, 3 tuners with a cable card. I purchased a DVR subscription back in 2016 and everything was working fine up until yesterday. I figured Silicon Dust had finally caught up to me so I purchased a new $35 subscription (as per your instructions) but that did not help either. I love your addons and rely heavily on the guide. Can someone help?
First thing to check is to make sure that the tuners are reporting as DVR authorized. If you go into Settings / PVR & Live TV / Client Specific -> Client Specific Settings, there will be an option to "List discovered devices". This will list all the tuners and storage devices the addon found. Each tuner should say "(DVR authorized)" at the end.

If none of the devices say this, there is some disconnect between your account and your tuners that needs to be resolved with SiliconDust. If the devices DO say this, the next place to go is in the same area, but instead of "List discovered devices", click "List recent error messages" instead. If anything comes up in there the addon had an error.

My guess is the former, no authorized tuners, but let's find out! For any other conditions we'll need to go into the Kodi log ...
Thanks for getting back to me. It lists the HDHomerun Prime and the DVR is active. But it doesn't show the individual tuners? Kodi does not show any recent errors. I will get my hands on the log file and upload it here. What I don't get is how I was getting the EPG (for 5 years) before I activated my DVR subscription again?

Another concern I have is... Every time I update the QNAP DVR engine past 0.10.7 I lose the Record Engine.

djp952

Post by djp952 »

Don't post it here it will be massive. Use paste.kodi.tv and link to it :)

As for the record question, that should be directed at SD to get a proper answer. While the folks here may be able to answer, somebody with the same concern would never think to search this thread. (Personally I don't know, I have a WD NAS)

flexo

Post by flexo »

will do. thanks

Ken.F

Post by Ken.F »

When trying to edit timer rules I get the following error message on Matrix:
In order to add/update a timer the end date and time must be greater than the start date and time.

I also tried Leia and it did not give me the error message, but the edit did not stick.

djp952

Post by djp952 »

Ken.F wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:38 am When trying to edit timer rules I get the following error message on Matrix:
In order to add/update a timer the end date and time must be greater than the start date and time.

I also tried Leia and it did not give me the error message, but the edit did not stick.
Duplicated. Will check it out!

djp952

Post by djp952 »

Looks like a late change to Matrix during RC1, in the PR it was noted by another PVR maintainer that it could cause this problem and that maintainer was going to follow up to fix it but I don't see if that's been gotten to yet. I'll try to reach out to him.

I think this will need to be fixed on the Kodi side, if I change the flags for the Timer Rules the UI will show things you can't actually do or have wrong information. If it can be fixed for Matrix 19.1 I think it's best to wait rather than try and hack something in.

I had no issues on Leia editing Timer Rules, on that platform can you check the Kodi log to see if there any errors logged by the PVR?

Ken.F

Post by Ken.F »

djp952 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:23 am I had no issues on Leia editing Timer Rules, on that platform can you check the Kodi log to see if there any errors logged by the PVR?
On Leia it seems I can edit a timer rule to change it from recording on any channel to a specific channel number, but I can't change a timer rule from a single channel to record on any channel.

This is the only thing I noticed in the log:
2021-04-09 10:50:44.049 T:4904 WARNING: Timer settings dialog: Specified recording end time < start time: expect errors!

djp952

Post by djp952 »

Ken.F wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:00 am On Leia it seems I can edit a timer rule to change it from recording on any channel to a specific channel number, but I can't change a timer rule from a single channel to record on any channel.
Looks like the backend API changed a bit at some point, setting ChannelID to 'null' used to work to reset that, now it needs to be set to blank and it works again. This would affect both Leia and Matrix (and Krypton and Jarvis if anyone is still using them)

Will have in next release, let me know if this is a major enough problem to expedite; nothing else is planned right now. I would like to at least wait for what will need to be done on Matrix about the error message; if Kodi comes back and doesn't want to change that I'll have to do something to avoid it in the PVR.