djp952
Device ID: 131EB7F7;131ED0E0

Re: Unofficial Kodi HDHomeRun DVR PVR Client

Post by djp952 » Sat May 11, 2019 8:33 pm

usafle wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 7:41 pm
djp952 wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 7:24 pm
Still looking into this, again it's hard without having the exact same problem. However, I did find something unexpected. The SQLite JSON parser I'm using accepts the string "null" as valid (turns out it is), but when used like a table, instead of no rows which I what I expected, it returns one row with a single NULL value.

It may not be relevant, but almost every SQL query in this code relies upon treating JSON data like a table. One of my backlog items is to replace my generic HTTP request database function with a JSON specific one that runs the data through a different parser (rapidJSON) first before returning it, and I want it to automatically retry a failed JSON request at least one time.

Let me know if things improve for you with the subscription fixed!
Opened a support ticket with S.D. after I made payment and the DVR was still not showing up. There is an issue with the unRAID container I'm running it in apparently. So, I guess I'm S.O.L. with the DVR stuff until someone fixes the docker container.... I certainly don't have the technical know-how to fix it. I can't do any further testing on your plug-in if I can't get the DVR to work. :(
Sorry to hear that. I wish I could help but I've quite honestly never used a docker container a single time in my entire life. I suppose that reveals just how ancient I happen to be :mrgreen:

obliojoe

Post by obliojoe » Sun May 12, 2019 9:20 am

I am finding that any changes I make to the channels in my HDHomeRun back end (removing channels or adding/removing them from favorites by clicking the stars) do not propagate to the PVR in Kodi. I've tried using the "Clear Data" option, but after the channel re-scan, the favorites are not updated. Any channels I have removed from the back end still show up in the guide, but their program data is missing. If I uninstall the PVR addon and re-install it, then everything comes across again.

Is there something else I can try short of re-installing? Thanks!

john

djp952

Post by djp952 » Sun May 12, 2019 9:30 am

Best thing you can do is restart Kodi. I submitted a code change to them for Leia 18.3 that resolves most of the problems.

Restarting Kodi is the only way to get it to fully recognize new channels. Leia specifically has some EPG bugs along those lines as well.

All the changes are in the latest Kodi nighties (Leia branch, master branch is v19), if you want to use their latest.

obliojoe

Post by obliojoe » Sun May 12, 2019 9:32 am

djp952 wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 9:30 am
Best thing you can do is restart Kodi.
That did it. I didn't even think to try just restarting, duh. Thanks so much!

usafle

Post by usafle » Mon May 13, 2019 11:26 am

djp952 wrote:
Sorry to hear that. I wish I could help but I've quite honestly never used a docker container a single time in my entire life. I suppose that reveals just how ancient I happen to be :mrgreen:
I've never used a docker either, just trying to teach myself a new OS (unRaid). So the docker author came back from the dead and updated the container for the DVR. Everything is working now as it should. Even your plug-in LoL!

Rickt1962

Post by Rickt1962 » Mon May 13, 2019 12:55 pm

Any recommendation for NUC box with LibreElec 18.2 ?
Zoltan does not work

djp952

Post by djp952 » Mon May 13, 2019 4:44 pm

Rickt1962 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 12:55 pm
Any recommendation for NUC box with LibreElec 18.2 ?
Zoltan does not work
I have a cheap NUC5CPYH running LibreELEC. It only does 1080p, and the black levels required adjustment on the TV (crushed by default), but it works fine.

This box couldn't run Windows 10 well at all but no problems with Libre. The I/O subsystem is really slow, things like Windows Defender and simple Windows Updates were too much for it.

I would think the lower end NUC6 and NUC7 boxes would smoke LibreELEC if this turd can handle it

djp952

Post by djp952 » Mon May 13, 2019 6:28 pm

usafle wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 11:26 am
djp952 wrote:
I've never used a docker either, just trying to teach myself a new OS (unRaid). So the docker author came back from the dead and updated the container for the DVR. Everything is working now as it should. Even your plug-in LoL!
I'm very glad to hear that, I had absolutely nothing on this end for ya. Enjoy, let me know if/when you run into other difficulties!!

djp952

Post by djp952 » Sun May 19, 2019 8:47 pm

Looks like there is a breaking change in the latest DVR (RECORD engine) software:

viewtopic.php?f=125&t=71542

Suggest to those watching this thread not to upgrade your RECORD engine(s) until the PVR can be adapted to accommodate this change. I apologize for any inconvenience. I will try to get out an update in the next couple days to deal with this.

Thanks!!

djp952

Post by djp952 » Mon May 20, 2019 9:32 pm

Because change is inevitable. v2.1.0 backlog items have been tabled to deal with a more pressing matter....

Version 2.0.3 (2019.05.20)
  • Adapt to HDHomeRun RECORD engine 20190516beta2 breaking changes
  • Use HTTP POST method when setting tuner channel visibility flags
Downloads:
Kodi 16 "Jarvis" : https://github.com/djp952/pvr.hdhomerun ... odi-Jarvis
Kodi 17 "Krypton" : https://github.com/djp952/pvr.hdhomerun ... di-Krypton
Kodi 18 "Leia" : https://github.com/djp952/pvr.hdhomerun ... -Kodi-Leia

Release History:
https://github.com/djp952/pvr.hdhomerun ... se-History

This release only deals with breaking changes made to HDHomeRun RECORD engine, version 20190516beta1 or newer. The engine was changed so that it will only accept HTTP POST queries for certain operations, this release provides the necessary changes to handle that.

Specific PVR operations that will fail after update to RECORD engine 20190516beta2 (or newer) if the PVR add-on is not updated:
  • Deleting a Recording
  • Setting the "Last Played Position" of a Recording
  • "Poking" the RECORD engine to tell it that the backend Recording Rules have been modified
Also of note is that I removed v1.3.13 from the available auto-updates (Leia) as it has now been rendered obsolete and non-functional. If there is anyone still using v1.3.13 and would like an update for that to v1.3.14 to deal with this issue, please let me know. The changes were not prohibitive and can be back-ported to that baseline as necessary. Leia auto-update is now limited to just v2.0.3 and v2.0.2.

Now that I am up to release 20190516beta2 here as well, I will set up a second HDHomeRun RECORD engine. move some Recordings over to it, and ensure that the PVR works as expected when multiple RECORD engines are available. It *should* since it was designed to handle this, but you never know for certain until you try!

Enjoy!

johnny_swindle

Issue with OSMC and Unofficial Kodi PVR Client

Post by johnny_swindle » Wed May 22, 2019 12:08 pm

Hello everyone....

I have a Vero 4K+ box running OSMC. Well, about a month ago, I upgraded the OS so that it would have Kodi 18.1. That seemed to have broken the DVR/PVR client (which was running magnificently, BTW) as well as introduced other issues. All videos, live TV as well as recorded material had a very bad AV mismatch that got worse as the video played. All other devices on my network running Kodi and the DVR/PVR Client had no such issues (windows and rPi 3).

After several email exchanges with the author of the OS, I decided to simply shelf the Vero while things got sorted out the OS level.

I received a notice that the OS had been updated and now supported Kodi 18.2. Downloaded and began a very cautious setup. I added a Music Video library; selected a video and it played without issue. Added Movie Library; selected a movie and it played without issue.

Added the Unofficial PVR/DVR add-on, selected a live TV channel and much to my disappointment, av mismatch. Uninstalled, rebooted the device and tried the HD HomeRun add-on from the kodi repository. Same story. It appears something beginning after the Kodi 17.6 build is causing issues with both the official repository version as they as this version

Has anyone else experienced any of these issues with the Vero 4K+? I plan to reinstall the OS to a code level where Kodi 17.6 was the norm and do some additional testing and then email the author of the OS.

Thanks for your time.

djp952

Re: Issue with OSMC and Unofficial Kodi PVR Client

Post by djp952 » Wed May 22, 2019 4:08 pm

johnny_swindle wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 12:08 pm
Hello everyone....

I have a Vero 4K+ box running OSMC. Well, about a month ago, I upgraded the OS so that it would have Kodi 18.1. That seemed to have broken the DVR/PVR client (which was running magnificently, BTW) as well as introduced other issues. All videos, live TV as well as recorded material had a very bad AV mismatch that got worse as the video played. All other devices on my network running Kodi and the DVR/PVR Client had no such issues (windows and rPi 3).

After several email exchanges with the author of the OS, I decided to simply shelf the Vero while things got sorted out the OS level.

I received a notice that the OS had been updated and now supported Kodi 18.2. Downloaded and began a very cautious setup. I added a Music Video library; selected a video and it played without issue. Added Movie Library; selected a movie and it played without issue.

Added the Unofficial PVR/DVR add-on, selected a live TV channel and much to my disappointment, av mismatch. Uninstalled, rebooted the device and tried the HD HomeRun add-on from the kodi repository. Same story. It appears something beginning after the Kodi 17.6 build is causing issues with both the official repository version as they as this version

Has anyone else experienced any of these issues with the Vero 4K+? I plan to reinstall the OS to a code level where Kodi 17.6 was the norm and do some additional testing and then email the author of the OS.

Thanks for your time.
No specific experience with that setup, but I'm guessing it will involve tinkering with the Audio (and perhaps Video) settings in Kodi a bit. If it gets progressively worse it's like Kodi isn't trying to keep the av in sync at all?

Perhaps see what happens if you enable/disable some audio settings like passthrough or downmix.

The PVR just hands the stream data off to Kodi so it has to be something specific to the processing of the MPEG-TS stream. Unfortunately there wouldn't be anything I could do in the PVR to assist with an issue like this

I bet somebody here will have the answer you need, though!

usafle

Post by usafle » Wed May 22, 2019 6:02 pm

johnny_swindle wrote:
Hello everyone....
I have a Vero 4K+ box running OSMC. <SNIP>
I've got the same box hooked up to one of my TVs. I don't have any of the issues you are describing, however. I also "upgraded" from Krypton to Leia and didn't do a fresh install. The only thing on that box that is giving me issues are the Netflix and Amazon VOD plug-ins. I don't have any A/V mismatch on movies or the DVR/PVR plug-in.
Sorry I can't be much help other than saying "Mine works, sucks yours doesn't" LoL It comes off that way but I assure you, it's not supposed to sound that way.

If there is any 'tinkering' I can do on my end to see if my settings differ from yours in some way shape or form, let me know.

johnny_swindle

Post by johnny_swindle » Wed May 22, 2019 7:15 pm

Thanks....

I am sure something will turn up.

JS
djp952 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 4:08 pm
johnny_swindle wrote:
Hello everyone....

Thanks for your time.
No specific experience with that setup, but I'm guessing it will involve tinkering with the Audio (and perhaps Video) settings in Kodi a bit. If it gets progressively worse it's like Kodi isn't trying to keep the av in sync at all?

Perhaps see what happens if you enable/disable some audio settings like passthrough or downmix.

The PVR just hands the stream data off to Kodi so it has to be something specific to the processing of the MPEG-TS stream. Unfortunately there wouldn't be anything I could do in the PVR to assist with an issue like this

I bet somebody here will have the answer you need, though!

johnny_swindle

Post by johnny_swindle » Wed May 22, 2019 7:19 pm

Potential light at the end of the tunnel.

OK....a few questions.

- Which version of Krypton did you upgrade from?
- To which version of Keia did you upgrade to?
- Did you manually upgrade the DVR/PVR add-on or did it auto update?

I have family in from out of town and as soon as I get a chance I will replicate your upgrade path. I don't use Netflix nor Amazon VOD plug-ins but I do use Emby. I won't install Emby until I get the DVR/PVR working correctly.

Johnny
usafle wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 6:02 pm
johnny_swindle wrote:
Hello everyone....
I have a Vero 4K+ box running OSMC. <SNIP>
I've got the same box hooked up to one of my TVs. I don't have any of the issues you are describing, however. I also "upgraded" from Krypton to Leia and didn't do a fresh install. The only thing on that box that is giving me issues are the Netflix and Amazon VOD plug-ins. I don't have any A/V mismatch on movies or the DVR/PVR plug-in.
Sorry I can't be much help other than saying "Mine works, sucks yours doesn't" LoL It comes off that way but I assure you, it's not supposed to sound that way.

If there is any 'tinkering' I can do on my end to see if my settings differ from yours in some way shape or form, let me know.