Kodi 17.6 and HDHomerun Add-on Problem

Kodi Community Development

Moderator: TVJunkie198

mrfreeze1963

Kodi 17.6 and HDHomerun Add-on Problem

Post by mrfreeze1963 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:44 am

Has anyone had any luck with the latest stable version of the HDHomerun Add-on in Kodi?

I ask because I can't get mine to work at all since the firmware upgrade. Here's my story:

I had the 2017 version of the add-on and, it worked perfectly with my Kodi set-up to my Prime. When the August 2018 firmware update came out for the Prime, I upgraded the Prime. The add-on stopped working. I waited for the release of the 2018.9.6 version of the HDHomerun add-on for Kodi and upgraded to that version. When I try to open the app, it can't detect my Prime at all.

I also tried a tip from one of the users that was having problems with their ELEC setup and reinstalled Kodi, then reinstalled the add-on. Same error message, same failure. :cry:

Here's something ironic/weird: It works fine with my WX system that I use to do the firmware update. I also have Shield, and it loves it. However, my reason for having a Kodi setup on another platform is a backup plan for if my Shield goes bad. But, if I can't get Kodi to work again, then my planning just went out the window.

Please help...

dugiehowsa

Re: Kodi 17.6 and HDHomerun Add-on Problem

Post by dugiehowsa » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:18 am

I had a similar problem where the 2018 addon didn't work properly in the confluence skin. Have you tried this version of the addon?

viewtopic.php?f=119&t=69506&p=328932#p328906

mrfreeze1963

Post by mrfreeze1963 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:36 am

Hi @dugiehowsa,

No, I didn't hear about the beta versions at all. I've been dealing with the stable version that's in the default Kodi repository.

When I get some free time from grad school, I'll give it a try.

Thank you,

mrfreeze1963

jamessahm

Post by jamessahm » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:07 pm

I too updated to latest OSMC/Kodi release 17.x Kodi. I updated the HDHomerun CC box to August 18 firmware. All Kodi boxes (of various flavors, including Kodi 18) have the same issue... if a burp in the buffer happens, it can't recover. It becomes pixelated and if you change the channel and chage it back, it will "reset", however, if it stays on the same channel, it will simply throw splotches of pixels until you exit and restart HD Homerun View Add-on, or change the channel. Seems to be a buffer recovery issue of sorts. I have tried nearly every setting to try and effect change, but nothing seems to help. If there no burp in the buffer happens, it will run fine until that happens... could be 5 minutes, or 5 hours... this is all with the 9-6-2018 Add-on version. Is there a way to load an older version of the plugin? Are they available anywhere??

Thanks,
Jim

mrfreeze1963

Post by mrfreeze1963 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:54 pm

Hi @dugiehowsa,

I just got some free time to play with Kodi and the add-on you gave me. Bad news: Still couldn't detect my devices at all. :cry: I uninstalled the previous one I got from the Kodi repository, restarted Kodi, loaded the plugin, and launched it..., only to get the same error message. Not sure what happened, but I can't use Kodi at all as a backup to my Shield. I'm going to have to do something else.

Thanks for the help, though,

mrfreeze1963

mrfreeze1963

Post by mrfreeze1963 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:57 pm

jamessahm wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:07 pm
I too updated to latest OSMC/Kodi release 17.x Kodi. I updated the HDHomerun CC box to August 18 firmware. All Kodi boxes (of various flavors, including Kodi 18) have the same issue... if a burp in the buffer happens, it can't recover. It becomes pixelated and if you change the channel and chage it back, it will "reset", however, if it stays on the same channel, it will simply throw splotches of pixels until you exit and restart HD Homerun View Add-on, or change the channel. Seems to be a buffer recovery issue of sorts. I have tried nearly every setting to try and effect change, but nothing seems to help. If there no burp in the buffer happens, it will run fine until that happens... could be 5 minutes, or 5 hours... this is all with the 9-6-2018 Add-on version. Is there a way to load an older version of the plugin? Are they available anywhere??

Thanks,
Jim
I don't think you can, Jim. The older versions have been pulled offline altogether when the new firmware and software versions were posted in August 2018.

Also, if you attempt to roll back to the previous Kodi plugin version, it'll fail. Why? You'd also have to roll back the firmware update on your HDHR device(s) as well. The 201808 device firmware wouldn't work with the 2017 version(s) of the Kodi plugin (it happened to me the moment I upgraded my Prime's firmware).

As far as I know, it seems like Windows, IOS-based, and Android-based devices are your best bet until things on the Kodi side of the house are figured out. According to the link @dugiehowsa posted, folks are having problems with this, too, especially if they use it in either the Confluence or Estuary skins. However, I've tried to run the program in a couple of other skins, and it still wouldn't work for me.

mrfreeze1963