(OLD) Unofficial Kodi PVR Client for HDHomeRun DVR subscribers

Kodi Community Development

Moderator: TVJunkie198

Locked
clarkss12
Posts: 1190
Joined: Sat May 11, 2013 11:51 am
Device ID: 104CBEA5 ;1055A951
Location: Michigan, USA
Contact:

Re: Unofficial Kodi PVR Client for HDHomeRun DVR subscribers

Post by clarkss12 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:43 pm

timecutter wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:15 pm
clarkss12 wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:35 am
Installed on both of my boxes running the latest version of CoreELEC, and all went well..........

Thanks.
Clarkss12 - can you check and see if you can rewind/ff recordings (not live/timeshifting) with the last version that I uploaded. I can't on a couple of boxes here but can if I revert back one version. Just want to verify and make sure it is something with the version that I compiled and not unique to my boxes. Thanks!
Tested old recordings and just recorded shows, they all FF/RW perfectly.

ssyspro
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:14 pm

Re: Unofficial Kodi PVR Client for HDHomeRun DVR subscribers

Post by ssyspro » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:59 am

clarkss12 wrote:
timecutter wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:15 pm


Clarkss12 - can you check and see if you can rewind/ff recordings (not live/timeshifting) with the last version that I uploaded. I can't on a couple of boxes here but can if I revert back one version. Just want to verify and make sure it is something with the version that I compiled and not unique to my boxes. Thanks!
Tested old recordings and just recorded shows, they all FF/RW perfectly.
@timecutter, I installed your latest compile for coreelec on one of my box's and also can not FF/RW when playing a recording.

I would say try to compile again just to be sure something did not go wrong but just in case I used an S912 2G/Gbit device with the latest coreelec release.

clarkss12
Posts: 1190
Joined: Sat May 11, 2013 11:51 am
Device ID: 104CBEA5 ;1055A951
Location: Michigan, USA
Contact:

Re: Unofficial Kodi PVR Client for HDHomeRun DVR subscribers

Post by clarkss12 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:39 am

@Timecutter, I tested your port again on my Amlogic S912 box that is running a clean install. When playing a recording, I have NO control at all, much less FF/RW. I have to reboot the box, to get out of the play back. This is running CoreELEC 8.95.7 with Kodi version compiled on Jan. 3, 2019.

I again, tested your port on my Amlogic S905X box (Mecool KM8). When I try to play the first one or two recording, I have NO FF/RW, but after that, all the recordings have FF/RW. However, there is no RW icon at the bottom of the info bar.
I am running the same CoreELEC version 8.95.7 with Kodi version compiled Jan. 3, 2019.

djp952
Posts: 808
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:46 pm
Device ID: 131EB7F7;131ED0E0
Location: Elkridge, MD

Re: Unofficial Kodi PVR Client for HDHomeRun DVR subscribers

Post by djp952 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:51 pm

spencer777 wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:30 am
Having Trouble installing on my Fire TV's. In the past I just installed on my NAS and downloaded through Es file explorer. Now es file explorer just opens the file. Am I doing something wrong?
Edit i see that is a zipp not apk? Don't we need an apk?
Hi! Kodi 18 now allows you to install .zip files on Android (including FireTV). All you need to do is install the official Kodi 18 Leia APK, download the addon-zip (or push with ADB, or whatever works), and install it via the Addon Browser.

It's actually a great improvement and really simplifies things for us. No more custom APKs required!

So, however you were getting the APK pushed to the FireTV before, follow the same process, just use the real Kodi APK. You can get the .APK from kodi.tv, or if you prefer just follow this here link: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/android/arm/. If you navigate backwards into 'nightlies' you can get the most recent APK(s) they have produced. I recommend RC4 from the 'releases' area for stability.

djp952
Posts: 808
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:46 pm
Device ID: 131EB7F7;131ED0E0
Location: Elkridge, MD

Re: Unofficial Kodi PVR Client for HDHomeRun DVR subscribers

Post by djp952 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:57 pm

ssyspro wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:59 am
@timecutter, I installed your latest compile for coreelec on one of my box's and also can not FF/RW when playing a recording.

I would say try to compile again just to be sure something did not go wrong but just in case I used an S912 2G/Gbit device with the latest coreelec release.
Let me know if I can help you guys here. FF/RW for recordings on the most recent Leia code I put out did change. Make sure that you have the most recent src/pvr.cpp file, the "GetStreamTimes" function is going to be where the bulk of the change was, but there were other changes to support that.

Here is the specific commit: https://github.com/djp952/pvr.hdhomerun ... 8ffcdfb42f

The change was technically for recordings in progress, but does affect normal recordings as well since there is no real differentiation, they are both kicked off from the same callback. It uses the start time reported by the DVR engine as the "start time", and the lesser of the wall clock or the end time reported by the DVR engine as the "end time". If these aren't set up Kodi 18 won't let you seek at all. edit: Which reminds me - make sure your system clock is accurate :)

Also maybe check to be sure CoreELEC didn't patch Kodi in a way that alters how GetStreamTimes() is interpreted. If they did it shouldn't be too hard to compensate. Again, let me know if/how I can help out!

timecutter
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:12 am

Re: Unofficial Kodi PVR Client for HDHomeRun DVR subscribers

Post by timecutter » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:55 pm

djp952 wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:57 pm
ssyspro wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:59 am
@timecutter, I installed your latest compile for coreelec on one of my box's and also can not FF/RW when playing a recording.

I would say try to compile again just to be sure something did not go wrong but just in case I used an S912 2G/Gbit device with the latest coreelec release.
Let me know if I can help you guys here. FF/RW for recordings on the most recent Leia code I put out did change. Make sure that you have the most recent src/pvr.cpp file, the "GetStreamTimes" function is going to be where the bulk of the change was, but there were other changes to support that.

Here is the specific commit: https://github.com/djp952/pvr.hdhomerun ... 8ffcdfb42f

The change was technically for recordings in progress, but does affect normal recordings as well since there is no real differentiation, they are both kicked off from the same callback. It uses the start time reported by the DVR engine as the "start time", and the lesser of the wall clock or the end time reported by the DVR engine as the "end time". If these aren't set up Kodi 18 won't let you seek at all. edit: Which reminds me - make sure your system clock is accurate :)

Also maybe check to be sure CoreELEC didn't patch Kodi in a way that alters how GetStreamTimes() is interpreted. If they did it shouldn't be too hard to compensate. Again, let me know if/how I can help out!
Gotcha, I went ahead and pulled a fresh copy of your latest code only changing 2 files to get it installed, addon.tt.xml and pvr.hdhomerundvr\depends\xbmc\xbmc\addons\kodi-addon-dev-kit\include\kodi\versions.h. No go on the rewind and fast forward on existing recordings.

Revert back to compiled file before the getStreamTimes change and rewind/ff work again. Here is a zip for anyone that may have grabbed the last copy that I shared. This should get your rewind/ff working again.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GSAlbZ ... sp=sharing

I'll look into it more on Saturday. Jury Duty tomorrow.

HUGE THANKS for all that you do.

jhford
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 3:56 pm

Re: Unofficial Kodi PVR Client for HDHomeRun DVR subscribers

Post by jhford » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:22 am

jhford wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:37 pm
djp952 wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:36 pm
jhford wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:35 am
No. I doesn't work on Jarvis. I was going to return my Black Friday Amazon Fire HD 8 2018 tablet, but I'll have to keep it since your PVR runs perfectly on it using Krypton. Please advise if the N7 issues are ever solved. Thanks
Does it go wonky immediately or only if you try to play/stream videos? Just wondering. Based on the image it looks like Kodi is a total loss on that device.
Immediately.
What about Leia? RC5 is now available, but you don't have a Leia apk available for download.

jhford
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 3:56 pm

Re: Unofficial Kodi PVR Client for HDHomeRun DVR subscribers

Post by jhford » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:59 am

handiman wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:12 pm
in settings
standard to advanced
then player settings
allow hardware acceleration - mediacodec off
allow hardware acceleration - mediacodec (surface) off
with nexus 7 2013 with lineageos 14.1
@handiman
I must have missed this post weeks ago, but i noticed it today. I downloaded the latest Krypton arm app (1.3.9?), installed it, and implemented your suggestions. For the first time, my cherished Nexus 7 2013 LTE deb tablet actually played live TV in place of the dozens of spinning progress circles. That's a big improvement, and my thinks to you. However, it's not perfect, because I'm experiencing constant buffering (one spinning progress circle). I've tried it on my various networks with no difference.

Any suggestions?

Thanks again

djp952
Posts: 808
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:46 pm
Device ID: 131EB7F7;131ED0E0
Location: Elkridge, MD

Re: Unofficial Kodi PVR Client for HDHomeRun DVR subscribers

Post by djp952 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:26 pm

jhford wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:22 am
What about Leia? RC5 is now available, but you don't have a Leia apk available for download.
There is no APK for Leia anymore, it's not necessary. Kodi on Android now allows you to install binary add-ons as you would any other, no special permissions or root access required.

There are all-new installation instructions on the wiki, here is the link to the Leia page. Android is now listed alongside Windows and Linux, just get the .zip file and install it! https://github.com/djp952/pvr.hdhomerun ... -Kodi-Leia

jhford
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 3:56 pm

Re: Unofficial Kodi PVR Client for HDHomeRun DVR subscribers

Post by jhford » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:25 pm

djp952 wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:26 pm
jhford wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:22 am
What about Leia? RC5 is now available, but you don't have a Leia apk available for download.
There is no APK for Leia anymore, it's not necessary. Kodi on Android now allows you to install binary add-ons as you would any other, no special permissions or root access required.

There are all-new installation instructions on the wiki, here is the link to the Leia page. Android is now listed alongside Windows and Linux, just get the .zip file and install it! https://github.com/djp952/pvr.hdhomerun ... -Kodi-Leia
I already have the apk installed. Will the zip installation over write it? Will I then have to set up your app from scratch?

jhford
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 3:56 pm

Re: Unofficial Kodi PVR Client for HDHomeRun DVR subscribers

Post by jhford » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:17 am

jhford wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:25 pm
djp952 wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:26 pm
jhford wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:22 am
What about Leia? RC5 is now available, but you don't have a Leia apk available for download.
There is no APK for Leia anymore, it's not necessary. Kodi on Android now allows you to install binary add-ons as you would any other, no special permissions or root access required.

There are all-new installation instructions on the wiki, here is the link to the Leia page. Android is now listed alongside Windows and Linux, just get the .zip file and install it! https://github.com/djp952/pvr.hdhomerun ... -Kodi-Leia
I already have the apk installed. Will the zip installation over write it? Will I then have to set up your app from scratch?
I went ahead and tried to install the zip following the instructions, but I received a dependency error relating to a global gui when I selected the zip file Also, my install attempt was "dirty" on top of Krypton 1.3.9 which I installed using the apk.

jhford
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 3:56 pm

Re: Unofficial Kodi PVR Client for HDHomeRun DVR subscribers

Post by jhford » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:34 am

jhford wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:17 am
jhford wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:25 pm
djp952 wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:26 pm


There is no APK for Leia anymore, it's not necessary. Kodi on Android now allows you to install binary add-ons as you would any other, no special permissions or root access required.

There are all-new installation instructions on the wiki, here is the link to the Leia page. Android is now listed alongside Windows and Linux, just get the .zip file and install it! https://github.com/djp952/pvr.hdhomerun ... -Kodi-Leia
I already have the apk installed. Will the zip installation over write it? Will I then have to set up your app from scratch?
I went ahead and tried to install the zip following the instructions, but I received a dependency error relating to a global gui when I selected the zip file Also, my install attempt was "dirty" on top of Krypton 1.3.9 which I installed using the apk.

Sorry. I didn't see the post saying the Leia apk has to be installed first. I did that and the zip installed perfectly.

jhford
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 3:56 pm

Re: Unofficial Kodi PVR Client for HDHomeRun DVR subscribers

Post by jhford » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:53 am

jhford wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:59 am
handiman wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:12 pm
in settings
standard to advanced
then player settings
allow hardware acceleration - mediacodec off
allow hardware acceleration - mediacodec (surface) off
with nexus 7 2013 with lineageos 14.1
@handiman
I must have missed this post weeks ago, but i noticed it today. I downloaded the latest Krypton arm app (1.3.9?), installed it, and implemented your suggestions. For the first time, my cherished Nexus 7 2013 LTE deb tablet actually played live TV in place of the dozens of spinning progress circles. That's a big improvement, and my thinks to you. However, it's not perfect, because I'm experiencing constant buffering (one spinning progress circle). I've tried it on my various networks with no difference.

Any suggestions?

Thanks again
I just installed Leia via the zip file and turned hardware acceleration off per your suggestion but it didn't work for Leia. I got the tiling again with the multitude of spinning progress circles. It did work with with Krypton. Any thoughts?
Thanks
Image

djp952
Posts: 808
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:46 pm
Device ID: 131EB7F7;131ED0E0
Location: Elkridge, MD

Re: Unofficial Kodi PVR Client for HDHomeRun DVR subscribers

Post by djp952 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:19 pm

I've been working on something that has been asked for a handful of times, auto-updates for this PVR. I think I have a good handle on it so it should become available with the next release. Best part is that we don't need yet another addon to manage it, the proper metadata in the PVR addon is fine.

The problem I ran into was with Linux. There is no good way to handle Linux with a generic repository. So what I think I'm going to go ahead and do is have separate repositories for each platform/architecture. It's going to be a pain to manage, but it should allow everyone to take advantage of this, not just Android/Windows/OSX like it would be otherwise. Note that the .APK (Krypton/Jarvis) and .APPX (Leia) packages will not be eligible for automatic updates. iOS would also not be eligible, but I can't support iOS anyway :)

So here's how it should play out, support-wise:

Jarvis -> Windows, GNU Linux, OSX, Raspbian (not Android)
Krypton -> Windows, GNU Linux, OSX, Raspbian (not Android)
Leia -> Windows, Android, GNU Linux, OSX, Raspbian (not Universal Windows Platform)

Just kind of an FYI since it's been slow :) Still plugging away … I think this will be a nice feature, and in the end I can automate the bulk of it. Doing the backend repository by hand is the best bet for the first couple times so we work out any typos/kinks!

djp952
Posts: 808
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:46 pm
Device ID: 131EB7F7;131ED0E0
Location: Elkridge, MD

Re: Unofficial Kodi PVR Client for HDHomeRun DVR subscribers

Post by djp952 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:15 pm

djp952 wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:19 pm
I've been working on something that has been asked for a handful of times, auto-updates for this PVR. I think I have a good handle on it so it should become available with the next release. Best part is that we don't need yet another addon to manage it, the proper metadata in the PVR addon is fine.

The problem I ran into was with Linux. There is no good way to handle Linux with a generic repository. So what I think I'm going to go ahead and do is have separate repositories for each platform/architecture. It's going to be a pain to manage, but it should allow everyone to take advantage of this, not just Android/Windows/OSX like it would be otherwise. Note that the .APK (Krypton/Jarvis) and .APPX (Leia) packages will not be eligible for automatic updates. iOS would also not be eligible, but I can't support iOS anyway :)

So here's how it should play out, support-wise:

Jarvis -> Windows, GNU Linux, OSX, Raspbian (not Android)
Krypton -> Windows, GNU Linux, OSX, Raspbian (not Android)
Leia -> Windows, Android, GNU Linux, OSX, Raspbian (not Universal Windows Platform)

Just kind of an FYI since it's been slow :) Still plugging away … I think this will be a nice feature, and in the end I can automate the bulk of it. Doing the backend repository by hand is the best bet for the first couple times so we work out any typos/kinks!
Ugh, I need to walk these statements back a bit regarding GNU Linux :( I spent a lot of time playing with this tonight and it turned out to be a bad idea. Maintenance difficulties notwithstanding ("hard" is not a valid reason not to do something), setting GNU Linux builds up to auto-update is just not reasonable, at least not right now. It's actually kind of amazing that the Leia builds work for almost everyone to begin with since I'm still using GCC 4.9 instead of GCC 5.x.

I think what I may have to do instead is provide a proper Makefile for the GNU Linux and Raspbian builds. Kodi on Linux is platform specific by nature (I find this extremely ironic when compared to the 'evil overlords' we call Windows and OSX), and I honestly feel that I would be doing you guys a disservice by trying to let the PVR auto-update in these environments. Providing a proper Makefile looks like the better course of action for long-term support to me.

At some point in the near future I'll see what problems I run into on Ubuntu/OSMC/LibreELEC/etc, but for now I think I need to adjust my for automatic updates to only target Windows, Android, and OSX like the official Kodi does.

Thusly the auto-update support list changes to this. Limited to the same platforms the official Kodi addon repository handles:

Jarvis -> Windows, OSX (not Android, GNU Linux, or Raspbian)
Krypton -> Windows, OSX (not Android, GNU Linux, or Raspbian)
Leia -> Windows, Android, OSX (not Universal Windows Platform. GNU Linux, or Raspbian)

Side notes: I picked up a Microsoft Surface Go this week and found that it's impossible to install the .APPX version of the Leia Addon since it's third-party and didn't come from the "Store", so I added a note to the Leia download page about that. I don't think this will screw with installation on Xbox One, but I need your feedback there since I don't have one of those.

Locked