djp952
Device ID: 131EB7F7;131ED0E0

Re: Unofficial Kodi PVR Client for HDHomeRun DVR subscribers

Post by djp952 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:45 pm

What shutdown?

Version 1.3.9 (2019.01.04)
  • Update cURL library to version 7.63.0
  • Display notification when no tuner device(s) were detected during startup
  • (Leia) Remove "Prepend season/episode number to episode name in EPG" setting
  • (Leia) Remove "Delete episode" option from Recordings context menu
  • (Leia) Rename "Delete and re-record episode" to "Delete and re-record" in Recordings context menu
  • (Leia) Refactor GetStreamTimes() implementation to properly report status of in-progress recorded streams
Downloads:
Kodi 16 "Jarvis" : https://github.com/djp952/pvr.hdhomerun ... odi-Jarvis
Kodi 17 "Krypton" : https://github.com/djp952/pvr.hdhomerun ... di-Krypton
Kodi 18 "Leia" : https://github.com/djp952/pvr.hdhomerun ... -Kodi-Leia

1.3.9 is pretty much just a Leia catch-up/clean-up release, but it should also resolve the problem with in-progress Recorded TV reported by Ken.F, at least to the point where the behavior of Jarvis/Krypton is generally restored. There is little to no reason to upgrade from v1.3.8 on Jarvis and Krypton.

Exercising all of the functions on Leia revealed some UI issues that have been corrected. Leia combines the old "Client Specific" context menu items with the primary context menu items, so a couple customizations were either redundant or named improperly given the new context. The "Prepend season/episode number to episode name in EPG" was removed since Leia does that already now, so adding it again became redundant.

v1.3.9 does not make significant changes to device detection yet, but if it doesn't find any tuners at all you will get a banner error indicating as much. There is still work to be done here, so I opened an Issue on GitHub so I don't forget about it: https://github.com/djp952/pvr.hdhomerundvr/issues/47. Full resolution of this is likely to require a database schema update, which means it would be in a "v1.4.x" or a "v2.0.x" release.

As with the past few Leia releases, this does NOT support the Kodi PVR API changes made by CoreELEC. I'm still hopeful that they will change their mind and implement their new PVR feature(s) in a way that is compatible with mainline Kodi.

Let me know if you run into any issues, as always. Glad to help when/if I can!

edit: Wow, 64 pages? This thread needs to die and be replaced pretty soon. We still need to be sure to thank SiliconDust for allowing this thread to exist, and hopefully we've been able to provide enough revenue generation for them that they continue to allow this discussion topic to take place on their forums! THANK YOU SILICONDUST.

Ken.F
Device ID: 1041A706, 1043EB32, 104BAD9E, 13168DC5, 1322A7AC

Post by Ken.F » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:52 am

djp952 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:17 pm
I appreciate the reminder and the gentle prodding as well, this gave me an "aha" moment that allowed to me to simplify how it works.
Leia is still RC so I wouldn't blame you if you didn't support it at all. :)
djp952 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:45 pm
1.3.9 is pretty much just a Leia catch-up/clean-up release, but it should also resolve the problem with in-progress Recorded TV reported by Ken.F, at least to the point where the behavior of Jarvis/Krypton is generally restored.

We still need to be sure to thank SiliconDust for allowing this thread to exist, and hopefully we've been able to provide enough revenue generation for them that they continue to allow this discussion topic to take place on their forums! THANK YOU SILICONDUST.
Watching a recording in progress now. It seems to be working fine but I haven't hit the end of the recording yet.
I noticed I could only skip forward to within about 25 seconds of live (according to the time bar), but then I exited Kodi and synced my computer clock. Fixing that got it to skip to within about 3 seconds. Now I have an easy way to tell when my computer clock drifts too far.

Thank you djp952 and Silicondust!

timecutter

Post by timecutter » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:05 am

djp952 wrote:
  • (Leia) Rename "Delete and re-record episode" to "Delete and re-record" in Recordings context menu
  • (Leia) Refactor GetStreamTimes() implementation to properly report status of in-progress recorded streams
Downloads:
Here is the latest version for CoreElec 8.95.5 (or higher) users, you know who you are.

Kodi 18 "Leia" CoreElec 8.95.5 (or higher) ARM linux-arrmhf Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KFTKk1 ... sp=sharing

clarkss12
Device ID: 104CBEA5 ;1055A951

Post by clarkss12 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:35 am

timecutter wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:05 am
djp952 wrote:
Downloads:
Here is the latest version for CoreElec 8.95.5 (or higher) users, you know who you are.

Kodi 18 "Leia" CoreElec 8.95.5 (or higher) ARM linux-arrmhf Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KFTKk1 ... sp=sharing
Installed on both of my boxes running the latest version of CoreELEC, and all went well..........

Thanks.

djp952

Post by djp952 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:40 pm

Ken.F wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:52 am
Watching a recording in progress now. It seems to be working fine but I haven't hit the end of the recording yet.
I noticed I could only skip forward to within about 25 seconds of live (according to the time bar), but then I exited Kodi and synced my computer clock. Fixing that got it to skip to within about 3 seconds. Now I have an easy way to tell when my computer clock drifts too far.
Yeah, I thought about that for the recordings in progress, but wasn't able to think up a reasonable solution. The way I made it work was to use the recording start time reported by the DVR engine as the absolute stream start time, and then take the lesser of the current system clock and the recording end time as the stream end time. This gives a reasonably accurate (+/- 1 second) measurement. If the system clock isn't in perfect alignment with the times from the DVR engine you'll get deltas on the stream end time.

The system clock shouldn't really matter much for Live TV, I changed that to just grab the current clock when you start the stream as the absolute start point, and then use the current clock to determine where the end, aka the "Live" point will be. Shouldn't be sensitive to deltas from UTC.

Glad it's working well enough to be effective!!

djp952

Re: Can't play audio only channels

Post by djp952 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:18 pm

ddejager wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:58 pm
I've observed that audio only (music) channels from charter (via a PRIME Tuner) can be played successfully using the HDHOMERUN app on a firestick, but with Kodi using this DVR, the audio starts for a second or two, then stops, then the spinning circle appears, then this repeats over and over again. Any ideas?
Hi! I was talking with a user from the UK who can successfully play audio-only channels via the PVR, but it got me thinking that if there is any indicator in the discovery data for audio-only channels I might be able to move these channels over into the "Radio" section of Kodi as opposed to "TV". Kodi may behave better this way. Is there any chance I could get your lineup discovery data to look at? I'm hoping for a flag that indicates it's an audio channel OR even just a lack of a flag typically there for video channels.

You can access the channel lineup data from a web browser. Navigate to http://my.hdhomerun.com/discover. That gives you a list of your devices. Find the "LineupURL" value for your PRIME and navigate to that. This gives a JSON (text) dump of all the channels you have enabled and various metadata about them.

Another idea, albeit much more ambitious, would be to allow you to specify your "audio-only" channels somewhere and then the PVR could move them into the "Radio" section. I'm not sure how Kodi would behave (yet), as in if it would ignore any video streams or if I would have to remove them. Not necessarily implement a demuxer (which I won't do, it's just too hard and problematic), but I am capable of modifying the stream metadata to pretend that there is no video stream :)

Let me know what you think!

djp952

Re: Can't play audio only channels

Post by djp952 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:34 pm

djp952 wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:18 pm
ddejager wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:58 pm
I've observed that audio only (music) channels from charter (via a PRIME Tuner) can be played successfully using the HDHOMERUN app on a firestick, but with Kodi using this DVR, the audio starts for a second or two, then stops, then the spinning circle appears, then this repeats over and over again. Any ideas?
Hi! I was talking with a user from the UK who can successfully play audio-only channels via the PVR, but it got me thinking that if there is any indicator in the discovery data for audio-only channels I might be able to move these channels over into the "Radio" section of Kodi as opposed to "TV". Kodi may behave better this way. Is there any chance I could get your lineup discovery data to look at? I'm hoping for a flag that indicates it's an audio channel OR even just a lack of a flag typically there for video channels.

You can access the channel lineup data from a web browser. Navigate to http://my.hdhomerun.com/discover. That gives you a list of your devices. Find the "LineupURL" value for your PRIME and navigate to that. This gives a JSON (text) dump of all the channels you have enabled and various metadata about them.

Another idea, albeit much more ambitious, would be to allow you to specify your "audio-only" channels somewhere and then the PVR could move them into the "Radio" section. I'm not sure how Kodi would behave (yet), as in if it would ignore any video streams or if I would have to remove them. Not necessarily implement a demuxer (which I won't do, it's just too hard and problematic), but I am capable of modifying the stream metadata to pretend that there is no video stream :)

Let me know what you think!
Yeah .. hacking the stream(s) really doesn't do anything useful, I tried (and failed quite miserably). Short of a demuxer the best I may be able to do for you guys would be to give you a way to manually indicate a channel should be listed under "Radio" instead of "TV". You'll still get the video portion of it during playback, but it would help to categorize things? I don't know if it's worth the hassle to be honest.

usafle

Post by usafle » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:28 pm

timecutter wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:05 am

Thanks for that, got tired of waiting for an "official' Leia release and just now stumbled my way through installing CoreElec on my Android box (surprised I didn't grenade anything LOL!)

This, of course, was the first addon I installed! :)

spencer777

Post by spencer777 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:44 am

Having Trouble installing on my Fire TV's. In the past I just installed on my NAS and downloaded through Es file explorer. Now es file explorer just opens the file. Am I doing something wrong?
Edit i see that is a zipp not apk? Don't we need an apk?

usafle

Post by usafle » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:13 am

spencer777 wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:44 am
Having Trouble installing on my Fire TV's. In the past I just installed on my NAS and downloaded through Es file explorer. Now es file explorer just opens the file. Am I doing something wrong?
Fire stick is just a stolen copy of Android from Amazon, right? Yes, you need the .apk to install the full version of Kodi. If you've already got Kodi installed, you need to remove it - if memory serves correctly....

usafle

Post by usafle » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:15 am

clarkss12 wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:35 am
Installed on both of my boxes running the latest version of CoreELEC, and all went well..........
Thanks.
Are you able to get to your DVR recordings? Mine consistently comes up blank... I'm not sure if it's a skin issue (Eminence Mod2) or some other issue. I'm running the same skin across all the devices in the home, but I only updated one box to Leia/CoreELEC so I'm not too sure what the issue could be?

spencer777

Post by spencer777 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:30 am

usafle wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:13 am
spencer777 wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:44 am
Fire stick is just a stolen copy of Android from Amazon, right? Yes, you need the .apk to install the full version of Kodi. If you've already got Kodi installed, you need to remove it - if memory serves correctly....
17.6 is an apk, which works. Lea is a zipp, you can't install it

clarkss12
Device ID: 104CBEA5 ;1055A951

Post by clarkss12 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:16 pm

usafle wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:15 am
clarkss12 wrote:
Thanks.
Are you able to get to your DVR recordings? Mine consistently comes up blank... I'm not sure if it's a skin issue (Eminence Mod2) or some other issue. I'm running the same skin across all the devices in the home, but I only updated one box to Leia/CoreELEC so I'm not too sure what the issue could be?
No issues at all, I can select and PLAY any of the recordings. I am using the stock Estuary skin.

usafle

Post by usafle » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:27 pm

Yup its a skin issue... switched back to Estuary (which is just bad looking) and the recordings show up. Thanks for that.
clarkss12 wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:16 pm
No issues at all, I can select and PLAY any of the recordings. I am using the stock Estuary skin.

timecutter

Post by timecutter » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:15 pm

clarkss12 wrote:

Thanks.
Clarkss12 - can you check and see if you can rewind/ff recordings (not live/timeshifting) with the last version that I uploaded. I can't on a couple of boxes here but can if I revert back one version. Just want to verify and make sure it is something with the version that I compiled and not unique to my boxes. Thanks!