(OLD) Unofficial Kodi PVR Client for HDHomeRun DVR subscribers

Kodi Community Development

Moderator: TVJunkie198

djp952
Device ID: 131EB7F7;131ED0E0

Re: Unofficial Kodi PVR Client for HDHomeRun DVR subscribers

Post by djp952 »

GGRussell wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:48 pm I downloaded zuki.pvr.hdhomerundvr-windows-x64-leia-1.2.2.6423.zip, but doesn't work with the latest nightly build. Get error that pvr 5.4.0 is missing. Which nightly build works? I had this working on my desktop, but power supply went out. Using my laptop til I get a replacement.
This will probably need a new build from me to catch up with the updated PVR API. Provided there are no breaking changes I can turn that around this weekend for you guys.

numus

Post by numus »

djp952 wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:19 pm
GGRussell wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:48 pm I downloaded zuki.pvr.hdhomerundvr-windows-x64-leia-1.2.2.6423.zip, but doesn't work with the latest nightly build. Get error that pvr 5.4.0 is missing. Which nightly build works? I had this working on my desktop, but power supply went out. Using my laptop til I get a replacement.
This will probably need a new build from me to catch up with the updated PVR API. Provided there are no breaking changes I can turn that around this weekend for you guys.
Awesome! Was afraid this project might have been dead.

djp952
Device ID: 131EB7F7;131ED0E0

Post by djp952 »

numus wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:30 pm
Geez you guys are brutal; a guy takes a week off and you think the whole project is dead? THIS is what the non-stop barrage of phone app updates have done to people! :mrgreen:

Here is a rebuild of v1.2.2 against the most current Leia nightly. I've included all the .zip-based platforms this time. Be advised that Windows x86/Win32 current nightly (09.02.2017) seems pretty broken for Live TV, but Windows x64 works OK for me. Did not test any other platforms. If the x86/Win32 problem isn't resolved by Team Kodi in the next few nightlies let me know and I can dig into it. Keep in mind Leia is still very much a moving target and may have many bugs from release to release. A problem with a specific nightly release may or may not require a code change to the PVR to resolve it.

Version 1.2.2b (Build 6455)
for Kodi 18.x "Leia" [revision 2efa7aa224 - 2017.09.02]
  • Adapt to Kodi Leia PVR API 5.7.0
https://github.com/djp952/pvr.hdhomerun ... eia-1.2.2b

numus

Post by numus »

djp952 wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:43 pm
numus wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:30 pm

Geez you guys are brutal; a guy takes a week off and you think the whole project is dead? THIS is what the non-stop barrage of phone app updates have done to people! :mrgreen:

Here is a rebuild of v1.2.2 against the most current Leia nightly. I've included all the .zip-based platforms this time. Be advised that Windows x86/Win32 current nightly (09.02.2017) seems pretty broken for Live TV, but Windows x64 works OK for me. Did not test any other platforms. If the x86/Win32 problem isn't resolved by Team Kodi in the next few nightlies let me know and I can dig into it. Keep in mind Leia is still very much a moving target and may have many bugs from release to release. A problem with a specific nightly release may or may not require a code change to the PVR to resolve it.

Version 1.2.2b (Build 6455)
for Kodi 18.x "Leia" [revision 2efa7aa224 - 2017.09.02]
  • Adapt to Kodi Leia PVR API 5.7.0
https://github.com/djp952/pvr.hdhomerun ... eia-1.2.2b
We demand you not have a life and provide top quality service for free! The people have spoken now back in the dungeon you go!

dski

Post by dski »

djp952 wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:18 pm
dski wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:33 pm Tonight, I was prompted to do an update for the HDhomerun. I did it (it upgraded the firmware as well) and when I went back into Kodi (version 17.4) the guide data is all missing. I tried clearing the guide data with no success.

If I select a channel, it will play, just an empty guide. Thoughts?
My tuners may be out of date now, but I don't see any particular problems with the guide data. Has this issue resolved itself (apologies for being away for a while)? You may have to do a full Clear Data on the PVR to reset the whole Kodi database if something bad has happened. The good news there is that it's all really just a cache, you don't lose any data - just the time involved :)

I think it's frowned upon to post the steps to check the guide manually, if you are still having problems can you PM me? I can send you some steps you can take from a web browser to see if the guide data is working on the backend, and we could start to narrow it down from there.

edit: Didn't see your follow-up before I replied (doh). Glad it's working for you now, on the surface my best guess is that something went kaplooey with either Kodi's database or the PVR's database. Water under the bridge I guess! :mrgreen:
Thank you for the follow up! I really like this plugin. Allowed me to finally stop running my old windows media center. After the reinstall, I also didn't need to use the network discovery anymore!

GGRussell
Device ID: 131F5AA2 ; 1325E5E9

Post by GGRussell »

Thanks 1.2.2b is working fine with last nights build (9/4).

keverboy42

Post by keverboy42 »

Hello everyone. I am brand-new to Kodi and to hdhomerun. I just got my phone unit today and plan on hoping everything up Friday. I have Amazon fire sticks that I have installed Krypton Kodi on but am not sure how to get this add on or which one to side load. Any help or top would be great. Looking to be able to watch and record love tv. Thanks in advance.

numus

Post by numus »

keverboy42 wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:33 pm Hello everyone. I am brand-new to Kodi and to hdhomerun. I just got my phone unit today and plan on hoping everything up Friday. I have Amazon fire sticks that I have installed Krypton Kodi on but am not sure how to get this add on or which one to side load. Any help or top would be great. Looking to be able to watch and record love tv. Thanks in advance.
For firetv you have to sideload the prebuilt Kodi app that is available in the download section. For fire stick you will want the 32 bit apk. The zip files to add this DVR never worked on my firetvs

keverboy42

Post by keverboy42 »

numus wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:52 am
keverboy42 wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:33 pm Hello everyone. I am brand-new to Kodi and to hdhomerun. I just got my phone unit today and plan on hoping everything up Friday. I have Amazon fire sticks that I have installed Krypton Kodi on but am not sure how to get this add on or which one to side load. Any help or top would be great. Looking to be able to watch and record love tv. Thanks in advance.
For firetv you have to sideload the prebuilt Kodi app that is available in the download section. For fire stick you will want the 32 bit apk. The zip files to add this DVR never worked on my firetvs
zuki.pvr.hdhomerundvr-android-arm-krypton-1.2.2.6423.zip

So this one? Thanks for the help.

numus

Post by numus »

keverboy42 wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:30 am
numus wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:52 am
zuki.pvr.hdhomerundvr-android-arm-krypton-1.2.2.6423.zip

So this one? Thanks for the help.
Not for FireTV Stick

17.4 "Krypton" Android arm (APK) 1.2.2a kodi-17.4-zuki.pvr.hdhomerundvr-arm-1.2.2.6454.apk

This is the one you want. You need the prebuilt apk and sideload it just like you would with the kodi apk... You may have to uninstall the kodi apk since this will replace it (and i dont believe it will install if kodi is installed since they are different signatures).

raylock

Post by raylock »

Not sure where to post this question so if I am in the wrong place please let me know.

I have the Kodi PVR Client for HDHomeRun DVR subscribers installed on a FireTV, Fire Stick and a NvidiaTV. The HDHomerun DVR server is on a WD PR2100 NAS. As a test, I recorded two issues of Americas got Talent from the Fire TV. It appeared to record and the description of the recording appeared to be correct. However, when I replayed the recordings, they turned out to be medical infomercials. In addition my wife selected Andy Griffith (for live TV from the guide on the Fire Stick) and got Everybody Loves Raymond. I believe I must have missed a step somewhere to get the guide properly synced. Would appreciate any help.

Edit: should have said that I installed .6423 on each. Is that correct?
Thanks

numus

Post by numus »

raylock wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:16 am Not sure where to post this question so if I am in the wrong place please let me know.

I have the Kodi PVR Client for HDHomeRun DVR subscribers installed on a FireTV, Fire Stick and a NvidiaTV. The HDHomerun DVR server is on a WD PR2100 NAS. As a test, I recorded two issues of Americas got Talent from the Fire TV. It appeared to record and the description of the recording appeared to be correct. However, when I replayed the recordings, they turned out to be medical infomercials. In addition my wife selected Andy Griffith (for live TV from the guide on the Fire Stick) and got Everybody Loves Raymond. I believe I must have missed a step somewhere to get the guide properly synced. Would appreciate any help.

Edit: should have said that I installed .6423 on each. Is that correct?
Thanks
There is no step to sync the guide since it is directly from the EPG server. It sounds like your channels may be messed up with the EPG server..

There is an entire forum for guide issues viewforum.php?f=127 - Post your HDHomeRun serial number and zip code and which channels are displaying the incorrect EPG info and SD should be able to track down where the problem is.

usafle

Post by usafle »

Hello all. I just found this "Unofficial" PVR client from a link over on the Kodi forums. I've installed it on my Kodi v.17 installation on my little Surface 3 Tablet to test it out. It loads up all the channels correctly. However, I can't seem to find the recordings (yes I'm a paid DVR subscriber)? Is this due to the recordings being saved on my HTPC and not "locally" on the Surface3?

Also, I tried to install this on a LibreELEC Android box, which I assumed would be a "Linux" install but it failed. So is there no LibreELEC support for this as of yet?

Thanks.

pavlov70

Post by pavlov70 »

usafle wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:54 pm Hello all. I just found this "Unofficial" PVR client from a link over on the Kodi forums. I've installed it on my Kodi v.17 installation on my little Surface 3 Tablet to test it out. It loads up all the channels correctly. However, I can't seem to find the recordings (yes I'm a paid DVR subscriber)? Is this due to the recordings being saved on my HTPC and not "locally" on the Surface3?

Also, I tried to install this on a LibreELEC Android box, which I assumed would be a "Linux" install but it failed. So is there no LibreELEC support for this as of yet?

Thanks.
I'm running it on LibreElec (x86) on an Intel NUC just fine. Since you are running on Android, you'll need to download the appropriate APK from the link on first page of this thread.

usafle

Post by usafle »

pavlov70 wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:18 am I'm running it on LibreElec (x86) on an Intel NUC just fine. Since you are running on Android, you'll need to download the appropriate APK from the link on first page of this thread.
There is no way to install an .apk on my LibreELEC. It boots directly into Kodi. I can only install a .zip file. It's originally an "android box" but it no longer boots into the Android OS, it boots straight to Kodi.