(OLD) Unofficial Kodi PVR Client for HDHomeRun DVR subscribers

Kodi Community Development

Moderator: TVJunkie198

djp952
Device ID: 131EB7F7;131ED0E0

Re: Unofficial Kodi PVR Client for HDHomeRun DVR subscribers

Post by djp952 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:08 pm

And .. it gets walked back even more :( Supporting automatic updates for Jarvis and Krypton ended up being a bust as well, those platforms were never designed to allow this for binary addons. Leia is a 100% go for Windows, OS/X and Android, at least. I apologize for any misleading statements. Addon version 1.3.10 for Kodi 18 will finally support updates on those platforms, but I'm afraid it just didn't work out for anything else. I guess it's better than nothing, and having automatic updates on Android alone is a big win, but I was hoping for more here.

v1.3.10 so far mainly has EDL tweaks/updates to overcome a Leia bug that doesn't appear that it will be fixed anytime soon, and there is still no good documentation on the Wiki for how to use EDL regardless (sorry). Based on a reported GitHub Issue I tweaked the backend HTTP queries to omit IPv6 DNS lookups which slightly improves the EPG load times, but this may not be noticeable in practice. Team Kodi also updated the addon API version, so I'm holding off on 1.3.10 as long as possible since for Leia it would force you to use a very recent nightly build or wait for 18.0 final to install it. If something major comes up or gets changed I'll revert that API version and get something out to you guys....

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:26 am

djp952, you're doing a fantastic job. I've been following this thread since before I got hired at SD, and you are my hero for doing all of this.

timecutter

Post by timecutter » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:26 am

NedS wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:26 am
djp952, you're doing a fantastic job. I've been following this thread since before I got hired at SD, and you are my hero for doing all of this.
100% agreed!

otaku

Post by otaku » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:09 pm

I'm curious...

In Leia how do I disable the "Switch" screen when changing channels from the guide?

Ken.F
Device ID: 1041A706, 1043EB32, 104BAD9E, 13168DC5, 1322A7AC

Post by Ken.F » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:43 pm

otaku wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:09 pm
I'm curious...

In Leia how do I disable the "Switch" screen when changing channels from the guide?
Go to Settings> PVR & Live TV> Guide. Set "Default select action" to "Switch to channel".

otaku

Post by otaku » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:41 pm

Perfect

Thank You!

djp952

Post by djp952 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:23 pm

NedS wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:26 am
Thanks! I hope it's managed to generate some revenue for you guys too as far as devices and subscribers; I'm very thankful for SiliconDust allowing me to use this forum (including my incessant ramblings) and allowing all of us to access the services you provide so openly. I've always been a big fan of this company, ever since I first plugged in that old first-gen ATSC/QAM HDHomeRun device :D

djp952

Post by djp952 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:21 pm

Leia 18.0 has been finalized!

Version 1.3.10 (2019.01.28)
  • Add "Use simplified (flattened) file hierarchy" Edit Decision List (EDL) setting
  • Add "Report CUT indicators as COMBREAK indicators" EDL setting
  • Rename "Start time padding (milliseconds)" EDL setting to "CUT indicator start time padding (milliseconds)"
  • Rename "End time padding (milliseconds)" EDL setting to "CUT indicator end time padding (milliseconds)"
  • Correct improperly specified units of time from "ms" to "s" when logging the parsed EDL file entries
  • Add log message indicating the expected path to an EDL file that could not be found
  • (Leia) (Windows/Android/OSX) Support automatic addon updates via custom repository
  • Disable IPv6 DNS (AAAA record) lookups when querying the backend services
Downloads: LEIA USERS: THIS PVR VERSION REQUIRES LEIA "18.0" FINAL. IT WILL NOT INSTALL ON RC5.2 OR EARLIER.

The main reason behind this release is because Team Kodi has finalized Kodi "Leia" version 18.0, so the churn is now over and the code could be locked down to those API revisions. I'm disappointed that there wasn't a formal Universal Windows Platform (UWP) release to work from, but as always I pulled the latest versions they had out there and repackaged them. I will keep an eye out for .APPX files that actually say "18.0" in them, but I think we'll have to wait a bit there.

This release is mostly a bunch of tweaks/enhancements to the Edit Decision List (EDL) support for Recorded TV. EDL is still undocumented on the wiki, I'll get there eventually. The main claim to fame is an ability to FINALLY automatically update the PVR addon if you are running Leia on Windows, Android, or OS/X. We'll need to wait for version 1.3.11 to see how this actually works out, but I did add one back release (1.3.9) to the repository, so in theory you can revert back to 1.3.9 via Kodi if you want. The final change is something added from GitHub issue #49 by 'lurkermike'. He noted that an older version of addon was killing his system from DNS lookups. That was fixed back in version 1.2.10, but I found an additional optimization I could apply to omit IPv6 DNS lookups completely. There is no IPv6 name server support for the HDHomeRun backend (yet), so there is little point in wasting this time trying to find nonexistent data. You *may* see a very slight decrease in the time required to load the EPG data, but probably not noticeable in practice.

I am working on something pretty cool and very timesaving for the next iteration, also thanks to a suggestion by 'lurkermike'. The proof-of-concept looks good, but I reached out to SiliconDust for their approval first since it alters the dynamics of how the backend servers will be queried for certain types of data.

TTFN and congrats to Team Kodi for finally getting Leia out the door!

NYPlayer
Device ID: 104112F4,104162C4,10438DAD,10438DF5,10701381,13147C7B,131A192A

Post by NYPlayer » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:59 am

@djp952,

Great job thanks for all your hard work .. SiliconDust should hire you as a consultant.

clarkss12
Device ID: 104CBEA5 ;1055A951

Post by clarkss12 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:54 am

NYPlayer wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:59 am
@djp952,

Great job thanks for all your hard work .. SiliconDust should hire you as a consultant.
+1

Shaboobala

Post by Shaboobala » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:02 pm

I was hoping on some insight on what might be wrong. When I pause live TV I get a timer for how long timesheet has run for. I can then hit play and it will start but I cannot fast forward or rewind. I am using the newest pvr with Kodi 18 final release.

Shaboobala

Post by Shaboobala » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:34 pm

Shaboobala wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:02 pm
I was hoping on some insight on what might be wrong. When I pause live TV I get a timer for how long timesheet has run for. I can then hit play and it will start but I cannot fast forward or rewind. I am using the newest pvr with Kodi 18 final release.
Sorry autocorrect screwed me I meant time shift

djp952

Post by djp952 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:56 pm

Shaboobala wrote:
Hmmmm... there are two competing elements here, the "Timeshifting" indicator is based off of the point in time the PVR thinks you are actually viewing (it's admittedly not a 100% perfect implementation), but the ability to seek is handled separately and based on the HTTP headers the PVR got back and some time voodoo.

Can you answer a few questions for me? :
  • Does this happen for all Live TV streams, or perhaps ones that are also being recorded by the DVR engine?
  • How long are you pausing Live TV?
  • If you pause and resume quickly, like in a couple seconds, are you still seeing this behavior?
  • Are you experiencing any similar problems with Recorded TV?
I'll give this a try myself, of course, there is a possibility that Kodi 18.0 final might have a glitch or a change I missed in my haste to get you guys a compatible build. If you can help me out with the questions above, that will greatly assist in narrowing this down for you :D

Shaboobala

Post by Shaboobala » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:24 am

djp952 wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:56 pm
Shaboobala wrote:
Hmmmm... there are two competing elements here, the "Timeshifting" indicator is based off of the point in time the PVR thinks you are actually viewing (it's admittedly not a 100% perfect implementation), but the ability to seek is handled separately and based on the HTTP headers the PVR got back and some time voodoo.

Can you answer a few questions for me? :
  • Does this happen for all Live TV streams, or perhaps ones that are also being recorded by the DVR engine?
  • How long are you pausing Live TV?
  • If you pause and resume quickly, like in a couple seconds, are you still seeing this behavior?
  • Are you experiencing any similar problems with Recorded TV?
I'll give this a try myself, of course, there is a possibility that Kodi 18.0 final might have a glitch or a change I missed in my haste to get you guys a compatible build. If you can help me out with the questions above, that will greatly assist in narrowing this down for you :D
Sorry maybe I wasnt super clear in my first post the Timeshift indicator seems to be working great. It's just the seeking function of the timeshift. This does happen to all livestreams regardless of whether or not I am recording them or not. I am pausing for up to 4 or 5 minutes. If I pause and then play quickly it will play from point that I pause from but can not fast forward or seek. I am out of the house and will check to see if I have the same issue with recorded show when I get home. Also I don't know if it is on the addon end or Kodi but the TV function bar only has pause record and stop. There are no fastforwad or rewind buttons.

clarkss12
Device ID: 104CBEA5 ;1055A951

Post by clarkss12 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:03 pm

Updated to the latest CoreELEC, latest version of your app will not install. Same thing about wrong PVR version.
Watching the recorded TV shows, there is no fast forward or rewind.
Thanks.

Edit: fast forward and rewind works with live streams.