(OLD) Unofficial Kodi PVR Client for HDHomeRun DVR subscribers

Kodi Community Development

Moderator: TVJunkie198

timecutter

Re: Unofficial Kodi PVR Client for HDHomeRun DVR subscribers

Post by timecutter » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:36 pm

djp952 wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:10 pm
I was reviewing the patches from CoreELEC to see how to best implement this API change they made, and while I know some of you will be disappointed, I've changed my mind and decided I will not be supporting this natively with my distributions. Anyone is of course free to build your own against their API change.
I appreciate your time in looking at it for us and fully understand your decision. I went ahead and pulled down the files that you checked in on github recently and built a new zip for coreelec ARM users if anyone is interested. zuki.pvr.hdhomerundvr-linux-armhf-leia-1.3.8.6935.zip

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GSAlbZ ... 1iJ6A/view

clarkss12
Device ID: 104CBEA5 ;1055A951

Post by clarkss12 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:48 pm

timecutter wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:36 pm
djp952 wrote:
I was reviewing the patches from CoreELEC to see how to best implement this API change they made, and while I know some of you will be disappointed, I've changed my mind and decided I will not be supporting this natively with my distributions. Anyone is of course free to build your own against their API change.
I appreciate your time in looking at it for us and fully understand your decision. I went ahead and pulled down the files that you checked in on github recently and built a new zip for coreelec ARM users if anyone is interested. zuki.pvr.hdhomerundvr-linux-armhf-leia-1.3.8.6935.zip

Downloading now, thanks.

Edit: Addon updated perfectly............ thanks again.

djp952
Device ID: 131EB7F7;131ED0E0

Post by djp952 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:12 pm

timecutter wrote:
djp952 wrote:

Agreed! Thank you!

chipwitch

Post by chipwitch » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:14 am

I was successful getting kodi, SD epg and ubuntu setup on my system. Everything worked beautifully for a while, but for some reason I'm not getting any guide data. I'm really not all that proficient with Ubuntu, kodi or the unofficial pvr client and I'm not really sure what to do to diagnose the problem, but this is what I've observed:

1) All guide entries say "No information available."
2) Kodi 17.6
3) Live TV works
4) My previously set timers all work as expected recording series EXCEPT where I used to be able to browse and select my recordings from the TV>Recordings tab, I now can only see them by going into the Files tab.
5) Cache is off
6) I have cleared cache and Kodi immediately starts downloading the guide, but the percent complete ticks off about 2% per second which is much faster than when it is actually downloading information. Of course, the Guide still indicated "No information available" for all channels.
7) After doing the "Clear Cache" the log reports an Error: GetDirectory - Error Getting. Everything else looks good.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!

Ken.F
Device ID: 1041A706, 1043EB32, 104BAD9E, 13168DC5, 1322A7AC

Post by Ken.F » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:53 am

chipwitch wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:14 am
I was successful getting kodi, SD epg and ubuntu setup on my system. Everything worked beautifully for a while, but for some reason I'm not getting any guide data.
Do you get guide data in any of the official HDHomeRun apps?

chipwitch

Post by chipwitch » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:15 am

I don't think I have the HDHR applications installed. Is that possible? I did a search of my computer in Ubuntu for "HD" and nothing pertinent is coming up.

I had this setup previously on a Windows system so I know about the viewer, setup and such. I thought there wasn't a Linux installation back wihen I installed the HD pvr backend, but I could be wrong. I see there is a linux install now. If I install it, will it overwrite or mess up what I currently have working?

djp952

Post by djp952 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:20 am

chipwitch wrote:
I was successful getting kodi, SD epg and ubuntu setup on my system. Everything worked beautifully for a while, but for some reason I'm not getting any guide data. I'm really not all that proficient with Ubuntu, kodi or the unofficial pvr client and I'm not really sure what to do to diagnose the problem, but this is what I've observed:

2) Kodi 17.6
3) Live TV works
4) My previously set timers all work as expected recording series EXCEPT where I used to be able to browse and select my recordings from the TV>Recordings tab, I now can only see them by going into the Files tab.
5) Cache is off
6) I have cleared cache and Kodi immediately starts downloading the guide, but the percent complete ticks off about 2% per second which is much faster than when it is actually downloading information. Of course, the Guide still indicated "No information available" for all channels.
7) After doing the "Clear Cache" the log reports an Error: GetDirectory - Error Getting. Everything else looks good.

Can we/I see the Kodi log? GetDirectory isn't a PVR specific error. I'm expecting something from "zuki.pvr.hdhomerundvr", most likely an HTTP error. From there we can figure out if it's connectivity related. There are ways to also do things manually, but the steps can be a bit daunting. Let's start with the log. You can paste a snippet (find the first few "ERROR" conditions that have "zuki" in them) or if you can upload the log somewhere you can link to it.

Be advised there may be PII (personally identifying information) in the log depending on what other addons you may have. My addon does not maintain/log any PII. At a minimum your IP address will likely be exposed. Just wanted to make sure you are aware.

Ken.F

Post by Ken.F » Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:36 pm

chipwitch wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:15 am
I don't think I have the HDHR applications installed. Is that possible? I did a search of my computer in Ubuntu for "HD" and nothing pertinent is coming up.
They don't have a viewing app for Linux other than their official video add-on for Kodi. I was hoping you had the HDHomeRun app running on some other Android, FireTV, Mac, Windows or Xbox One device. If the guide data was broken on the other clients as well then the fault most likely isn't in the Kodi PVR add-on.
I had this setup previously on a Windows system so I know about the viewer, setup and such. I thought there wasn't a Linux installation back wihen I installed the HD pvr backend, but I could be wrong. I see there is a linux install now. If I install it, will it overwrite or mess up what I currently have working?
The Linux install you found is probably just for installing the DVR engine so I wouldn't do it again. They do have hdhomerun_config and hdhomerun_config_gui for Linux but that is for doing firmware updates and diagnostics.

presnell

Post by presnell » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:39 am

timecutter wrote:
djp952 wrote:

Any guide on how to do this for libreelec on x86_64? Also, the build requirements start with Windows 10, but all I have available is linux (Ubuntu 18.04). In this situation, is it possible to build it even with instructions?

djp952

Post by djp952 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:20 am

presnell wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:39 am
timecutter wrote:
djp952 wrote:

Any guide on how to do this for libreelec on x86_64? Also, the build requirements start with Windows 10, but all I have available is linux (Ubuntu 18.04). In this situation, is it possible to build it even with instructions?
If you look in the "msbuild.proj" file you will find all the build steps for Linux. It's a bit much to paste here, but if you set up your Ubuntu with the same APT packages I list in the README.md, clone the repo, you should be able to manually execute the build steps. That's all the msbuild script is doing -- shelling out to Ubuntu to run the commands. The .zip packaging is all done from the Windows side, though, so you're going to need to pack your own zip. You should be able to replace the .so file with your own and hand-edit the addon.xml to reflect the required API version(s).

Q: Has LibreELEC now also gone and adopted this informal PVR API change? If they haven't, you should be able to use the "linux-x86_64" version of the addon with LibreELEC on x64 without any need to rebuild it.

edit: I should also mention for the DIY crowd that you should probably use the master branch instead of the Leia branch or get the compressed source tree from the GitHub releases page. master is up-to-date for the Leia 1.3.8 release. The named branches Jarvis, Krypton, and Leia have WIP stuff in them for the next version of the PVR. It should work fine but you will confuse me when you tell me 1.3.9 isn't working right - lol.

If this API change is being adopted by the all the *ELEC distros the problem is going to snowball quickly on them. Leia no longer ships with binary addons, so they will mess up the ability to update/use every PVR addon eventually. ugh.

timecutter

Post by timecutter » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:08 pm

djp952 wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:20 am
Q: Has LibreELEC now also gone and adopted this informal PVR API change? If they haven't, you should be able to use the "linux-x86_64" version of the addon with LibreELEC on x64 without any need to rebuild it.
That should be a CoreElec only change, libreelec should still be on 5.10.3 so your version should work correctly for them.

presnell

Post by presnell » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:53 pm

djp952 wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:20 am
presnell wrote:
timecutter wrote:

My mistake. I'm currently running three different versions of kodi on three different machines and I think that I may have clicked on the wrong zip file (at least once).

Sorry for the noise.

djp952

Post by djp952 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:57 pm

presnell wrote:
My mistake. I'm currently running three different versions of kodi on three different machines and I think that I may have clicked on the wrong zip file (at least once).

Sorry for the noise.
Noise? LOL - have you seen the amount of verbal diarrhea I throw out here all the time? It's not a problem :)

chipwitch

Post by chipwitch » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:24 am

djp952 wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:20 am
chipwitch wrote:

2) Kodi 17.6
3) Live TV works
5) Cache is off

Can we/I see the Kodi log? GetDirectory isn't a PVR specific error. I'm expecting something from "zuki.pvr.hdhomerundvr", most likely an HTTP error. From there we can figure out if it's connectivity related. There are ways to also do things manually, but the steps can be a bit daunting. Let's start with the log. You can paste a snippet (find the first few "ERROR" conditions that have "zuki" in them) or if you can upload the log somewhere you can link to it.

Be advised there may be PII (personally identifying information) in the log depending on what other addons you may have. My addon does not maintain/log any PII. At a minimum your IP address will likely be exposed. Just wanted to make sure you are aware.
Having trouble with your request. As I understand it, log files aren't in a text file. So, I'm not sure how to get the snippet to you other than a screen shot, but I cannot find an upload feature and I don't use clouds or repositories or social media for that matter (by choice).

I found the zuki references..."returned an error. command failed" for the GetEPGforChannel command. Lots of those
Also, I forgot I had the HDHomeRun addon installed. There, I can see what's playing. I'm guessing that isn't getting data from the EPG? However, I did notice an error reference to that addon in the log that might be important...HDHomeRun DVR PVR Client: GetEPGForChannel failed due to an unhandled exception: SQL logic error (1):http request on [http://api.hdhomerun.com /api/guide?DeviceAuth=&Channel=1999&Start=1546247158] failed: HTTP response code said error.

Plus lots of "failed to update table' errors. SQL issue?

Ken.F

Post by Ken.F » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:53 am

chipwitch wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:24 am
Having trouble with your request. As I understand it, log files aren't in a text file.
It's a text file named "kodi.log". It should be in your home directory at /.kodi/temp/kodi.log.