Moderator: TVJunkie198

jhford

Re: Deleting recordings

Post by jhford » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:51 pm

djp952 wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:40 pm
jhford wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:44 pm
Suggestion. I don't see any way to delete more than one recording at a time. Checkboxes and a Select All link would be great and highly appreciated.
You can actually delete an entire series by right-clicking on the series name and choosing delete. This will delete everything in there. I learned this fairly recently, it was a neat trick to nuke en masse!

Unfortunately, beyond that I don't have any control here. All the PVR client does is respond to a request from Kodi to delete something. Not to arbitrarily pawn you off on this, but this would be a Kodi UI request. You can hit them up at kodi.tv, there is a "FORUM" link at the top.
Thanks, but I thought it would also delete the timers, and I was wrong. Perfect solution.

djp952
Device ID: 131EB7F7;131ED0E0

Re: Unofficial Kodi PVR Client for HDHomeRun DVR subscribers

Post by djp952 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:28 pm

Small update for tonight. This may be the last thing I try to stuff into the next version :D

I was able to improve the performance of the backend discovery queries somewhat by implementing a cURL (the HTTP library) feature called a "shared interface". This allows things like DNS lookups and the HTTP connections to be reused. I think the main impact will be with loading the guide data, while it's certainly not anywhere immediate, it's definitely more snappy than it was. I threw that code at the streaming part and it had zero impact on things like seeking on a 1080i stream, so I left it as part of the discovery part only. I think it's a pretty decent optimization, any reduction in the guide load time is quite welcome. I have an idea I need to run by SiliconDust to make it even faster, but as always I want to be certain such a trick wouldn't hurt their server(s).

Two things I am aware of and can't solve/fix in time for the next version are the bug I mentioned with SQLite and re-executing an HTTP query for no reason, and the request for fixing/implementing the time shifting feature in Kodi. The former doesn't appear to be bad enough to worry about right now, and the latter is still beyond me as to what Kodi needs to make this work right.

I need to start standing up the test environments, and port the changes to both Jarvis and Leia, but I'm hopeful for a release to you this weekend. Here is the current, very unofficial, changelog for v1.2.10 (Krypton, Jarvis and Leia will be similar):

- Update SQLite database engine to version 3.24.0
- Refactor Live TV / Recorded TV stream implementation to eliminate use of the worker thread
- Reduce default Live TV / Recorded TV stream ring buffer size to 1MiB
- Increase default "DVR stream read operation minimum size" advanced option to 4KiB
- Add 32KiB value for "DVR stream read operation minimum size" advanced option
- Rename "Pause discovery while streaming Live TV channels" setting to "Pause discovery tasks while streaming"
- Apply "Pause discovery tasks while streaming" during playback of Recorded TV streams
- Apply standard URL encoding to device authorization code(s) when querying the backend services
- Remove "Enable verbose data transfer logs" advanced option
- Fix bug causing discovery tasks to remain paused indefinitely if an error occurs starting a Live TV stream
- Fix bug causing misalignment of MPEG-TS packets on forward seeks satisfied by data in the ring buffer
- Apply workaround preventing an error in a stream read operation from stopping/stalling the stream in Kodi as expected
- Improve performance of backend service discoveries with a cURL shared DNS lookup and HTTP connection cache implementation

Please let me know if you'd like any additional explanation or have any concerns with the items in the above list. Some of the changes are likely unexpected :D

... as always, THANK YOU!!

LeeKing

Post by LeeKing » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:59 pm

Thank you, thank you! I just installed this on Kodi today. This is simply a better interface (a ****/NextPVR-type I was hoping for) than the official HDHomeRun DVR one. If you have a donation page, I'd be glad to make (at least a small) contribution.

obliojoe

Post by obliojoe » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:01 pm

I am so looking forward to this new release. I will test it hard on multiple devices as soon as it is ready to go.

Thanks again!

obe

Gail1202

Post by Gail1202 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:05 pm

Sorry I know the link to download is on this post someplace but the post is 35 pages and I want to make sure I download the latest version for my kodi setup on a Nvidia Shield. Can someone please direct me in the right place to download the latest version?

ssyspro

Post by ssyspro » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:51 pm

Latest downloads for Kodi 16 "Jarvis" and Kodi 17 "Krypton" are on the project wiki page under downloads located here. https://github.com/djp952/pvr.hdhomerundvr/wiki

Just to be complete downloads for Kodi 18 "Leia" are only on the releases page located here https://github.com/djp952/pvr.hdhomerundvr/releases and intended for advanced users testing Kodi 18 releases.

djp952

Post by djp952 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:16 pm

Gail1202 wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:05 pm
Sorry I know the link to download is on this post someplace but the post is 35 pages and I want to make sure I download the latest version for my kodi setup on a Nvidia Shield. Can someone please direct me in the right place to download the latest version?
It is indeed around the time to start a new thread. The original one was unmanageable at 30 pages, this is 35. Perhaps after this new 1.2.10 release. Sorry it got so long, this was exacerbated by a 6+ month disappearance by me :(

djp952

Post by djp952 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:48 pm

Got a rather extensive version upgrade for you guys and gals!

Version 1.2.10 (2018.07.28)
  • Update SQLite database engine to version 3.24.0
  • Refactor Live TV / Recorded TV stream implementation to eliminate use of the worker thread
  • Reduce default Live TV / Recorded TV stream ring buffer size to 1MiB
  • Increase default "DVR stream read operation minimum size" advanced option to 4KiB
  • Add 32KiB value for "DVR stream read operation minimum size" advanced option
  • Rename "Pause discovery while streaming Live TV channels" setting to "Pause discovery tasks while streaming"
  • Apply "Pause discovery tasks while streaming" during playback of Recorded TV streams
  • Apply standard URL encoding to device authorization code(s) when querying the backend services
  • Remove "Enable verbose data transfer logs" advanced option
  • Fix bug causing discovery tasks to remain paused indefinitely if an error occurs starting a Live TV stream
  • Fix bug causing misalignment of MPEG-TS packets on seeks satisfied by data in the ring buffer
  • Apply workaround preventing an error in a stream read operation from stopping/stalling the stream in Kodi as expected
  • Improve performance of backend service discoveries with a cURL shared DNS lookup and HTTP connection cache implementation
Downloads:
https://github.com/djp952/pvr.hdhomerun ... /Downloads

I'm very pleased with this release overall. I usually go into some lengthy diatribe here about the release but this time I think I will refrain from that. 1.2.10 is intended to be just plain 'better', and the changelog above does pretty well explaining why.

Please post any problems you run into, or open an Issue on GitHub. I would love this to be as perfect as possible but I can't do that without your feedback :)

Have a fantastic weekend!

-- djp952

Hardax

Post by Hardax » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:52 am

Initial tests of the Android APK look promising djp952. No video stops all morning so far.

I’m setting up a Windows client this weekend for a family member. Any time frame to when you might be rolling these changes into a Leia compatable add on?

djp952

Post by djp952 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:57 am

Hardax wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:52 am
Initial tests of the Android APK look promising djp952. No video stops all morning so far.

I’m setting up a Windows client this weekend for a family member. Any time frame to when you might be rolling these changes into a Leia compatable add on?
I moved the changes over to Leia this morning but it's not working right, at least on Windows. Anytime I try to seek on a stream it doesn't work and then locks up a few seconds later. Haven't gotten much farther than that with it yet. Once it appears 'generally' functional I'll post here for you guys so you know it's out there.

edit: looks like I'll have to build Leia here to see what the deal is. So far this looks like a Kodi issue, it's not even asking the PVR for anything when it dies. Seems related to the 'flashing screen' bug they have right now. Regardless of the reason the thing is completely non-functional for me. Any stream you play dies at some point.

NYPlayer
Device ID: 104112F4,104162C4,10438DAD,10438DF5,10701381,13147C7B,131A192A

Post by NYPlayer » Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:05 pm

It just stopped working on my ShieldTV no guide data or recordings showing up. I had to check "Use network broadcast for device discovery" .. then it populated.

djp952

Post by djp952 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:35 pm

NYPlayer wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:05 pm
It just stopped working on my ShieldTV no guide data or recordings showing up. I had to check "Use network broadcast for device discovery" .. then it populated.
Can you post or PM me the Kodi log, or is it gone at this point? This is interesting since the guide data and the recordings come from two different places. The non-broadcast device discovery uses the Internet, as does the guide data. The recordings come from the RECORD engine.

Sounds like it couldn't use the Internet discovery for some reason (I'm banking on HTTP 503, that seems to be thrown when the backend services are temporarily hosed/offline), which leads to not knowing where the RECORD engine is, which leads to no recordings. "Use broadcast" found the tuners and the RECORD engine so you got recordings. I'm betting you didn't actually get any guide data and what you saw was cached by Kodi.

For what it's worth, the backend seems to be up right now. I have encountered sporadic HTTP 503 errors over the past week (?) and was able to confirm in a web browser that the services were returning that.

I'm thinking it was a transient condition and if you turn that back off things will work fine?

NYPlayer
Device ID: 104112F4,104162C4,10438DAD,10438DF5,10701381,13147C7B,131A192A

Post by NYPlayer » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:42 pm

The logs are gone I cleared the data to try and get it to work …. comcast in my area has been having a lot of problems with the Internet. I will turn it back off.

jhford

Favorites

Post by jhford » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:10 am

Today I installed the new update on my Amazon Fire TV Stick by first uninstalling the older Kodi version, which, if memory serves, is the correct way to install an update. Unhappily I had to go through the setup process again, but it seems to have worked except for my Favorites which aren't there. I checked my HDHomeRun configuration web page and the Favorites are still appropriately marked. How can I get my Favorites back?

Also, I asked the following question before with no response. How can I install the app on my Android tablets correctly? I previously installed the apk but only a bunch rotating circular timing icons against a black background appeared when I launched it.

Thanks

Hardax

Re: Favorites

Post by Hardax » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:22 pm

jhford wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:10 am
Today I installed the new update on my Amazon Fire TV Stick by first uninstalling the older Kodi version, which, if memory serves, is the correct way to install an update.
Just as an FYI you should not have to uninstall your previous installation. Kodi does not overwrite the user data. I successfully installed this update on my Shield by just running the new installer.