(OLD) Unofficial Kodi PVR Client for HDHomeRun DVR subscribers

Kodi Community Development

Moderator: TVJunkie198

jhford

Multiple Amazon Fire TV Box installation

Post by jhford »

Any way I can install this once and copy the installation files to 2 other Fire TV Boxes?
Thanks

ddejager

Re: Unofficial Kodi PVR Client for HDHomeRun DVR subscribers

Post by ddejager »

You need to install it on each fire device separately. It really does not take that long. Change the developer settings (enable sideloading and ADB). Install the downloader app. Download the Android APK and install. The thing the takes the longest is entering the URL in downloader, (unless you have a keyboard associated with your fire device.)

jasonl
Expert

Post by jasonl »

If you're going to turn on sideloading and debug, just download it to your PC and adb install it over the network. If you don't want to go that far, you might be able to copy and paste the URL using the keyboard in the FireTV app on your phone.

jhford

Post by jhford »

How do I install it on my android tablets?

jasonl
Expert

Post by jasonl »

Enable the installation of apps from unknown sources (aka sideloading) wherever that setting is buried on your particular device, then download the APK and open it. It will prompt to install. If you already have Kodi installed you need to uninstall that first before trying to install djp952's version.

dave@coolfx.co.nz

Post by dave@coolfx.co.nz »

I wanted to thank Michael Brehm and anyone else involved to producing the add-on.

I am in New Zealand and noticed my guide currently only contains 3 days of program info instead of the normal 14. This is consistent on our two Kodi installs (one Windows and one Mac). The configuration still reports the setting as 14 days. I have cleared the data and reloaded it but had the same result. The guide had contained 14 days of programs for several months and I have not knowingly changed anything that would have lead to this change.

Would the clever folk on this forum be able to offer any advice?

Thanks again.

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Post by signcarver »

My understanding is you won't see 14 days in NZ but probably should be more than 3

See viewtopic.php?f=119&t=68459&start=15#p320481

dave@coolfx.co.nz

Post by dave@coolfx.co.nz »

Thanks SignCarver

You're right, since April SiliconDust's EPG data provider from NZ reduced the number of days of data provided from 14 to approx 7-8.
It is a bit is shame but not the end of the world. For a period in April the updates for NZ EPG stopped altogether eventually there was no info. Jason coordinated that the issue with the updates was resolved (I believe this was the time that the number of days of info dropped but not 100% sure).

I believe that the feed for NZ data has stopped again the latest programs are still for the 3rd of July (2 days in advance).

I will post a ticket and see if can be resolved.

Thanks again,
Dave

djp952
Device ID: 131EB7F7;131ED0E0

Post by djp952 »

OMG not only is he not dead, he actually pushed out a new version!

Version 1.2.9 (2018.07.01)
  • Correct format of SessionID passed to HDHomeRun RECORD engine for Live TV streams
  • (Windows) Build HTTP-only cURL from source instead of using prebuilt static library
  • (Linux/Android/OSX) Switch to HTTP-only prebuilt libcurl static library
  • Add User-Agent string to all HTTP requests in order to identify the PVR client to the backend services
  • Refresh device authorization code(s) immediately if attempt to access EPG data from backend services fails
  • Temporarily disable all EPG data requests if multiple failures accessing the backend services are detected
Downloads:
https://github.com/djp952/pvr.hdhomerun ... /Downloads

OK gang, the deal with this one is that SiliconDust has seen some very bad mannered clients accessing their services lately, and they were looking for me to see if I could make some changes so they could prove or eliminate this client as the culprit and if it was indeed the culprit to stop that bad mannered behavior. Here's what I came up with:

- The client will now use a User-Agent string when accessing the SD backend services. It's nothing fancy and it doesn't expose any PII (Personally Identifiable Information). It will be of the format "Kodi-PVR/x.x.x zuki.pvr.hdhomerundvr/x.x.x", where the Kodi-PVR/x.x.x is the underlying Kodi PVR API version and the zuki.pvr.hdhomerundvr/x.x.x will be the PVR client version. This is just so SD knows where the requests are coming from.

- If the client has problems accessing EPG data from the backend services, it will now take a couple mitigation steps. First, if the request to get EPG data fails it will immediately refresh the device information (and by proxy the channel lineup and recording information) and try again. This part is intended to deal with any device authorization code(s) that have become stale. If after refreshing the device information the EPG data request fails again, all access to EPG will be disabled temporarily. This access will be restored the next time the device(s) are refreshed or by restarting Kodi.

There isn't currently any real feedback for you if the EPG was turned off, I thought about it and concluded that it would be really annoying to get a pop-up every 5/10 minutes so for now it will only be in the Kodi log. Here is a sample of what you might see if the EPG was turned off on you:

Code: Select all

22:43:39.512 T:6184   ERROR: AddOnLog: HDHomeRun DVR PVR Client: try_getepgforchannel failed due to an unhandled exception: SQL logic error (1): http request on url [http://api.hdhomerun.com/api/guide?DeviceAuth=DJP952TESTINGFAILURECHECKS&Channel=26&Start=1530485019] failed with http response code 403
22:43:39.513 T:6184  NOTICE: AddOnLog: HDHomeRun DVR PVR Client: GetEPGForChannel: failed to retrieve EPG data for channel -- execute device discovery now
22:43:39.513 T:6184  NOTICE: AddOnLog: HDHomeRun DVR PVR Client: discover_devices_task: initiated local network device discovery
22:43:39.941 T:6184  NOTICE: AddOnLog: HDHomeRun DVR PVR Client: discover_devices_task: scheduling next device discovery to initiate in 300 seconds
22:43:40.101 T:6184   ERROR: AddOnLog: HDHomeRun DVR PVR Client: try_getepgforchannel failed due to an unhandled exception: SQL logic error (1): http request on url [http://api.hdhomerun.com/api/guide?DeviceAuth=DJP952TESTINGFAILURECHECKS&Channel=26&Start=1530485019] failed with http response code 403
22:43:40.102 T:6184   ERROR: AddOnLog: HDHomeRun DVR PVR Client: GetEPGForChannel: Multiple failures were encountered accessing EPG data; EPG functionality is temporarily disabled
22:43:40.102 T:6184   ERROR: PVR - PVR::CPVRClient::GetEPGForChannel - addon 'zuki.pvr.hdhomerundvr:api.hdhomerun.com' returned an error: the command failed
22:43:40.102 T:6184   ERROR: PVR - PVR::CPVRClients::GetEPGForChannel - cannot get EPG for channel 'WETADT4' from client '235985751': the command failed
22:43:40.102 T:6184   ERROR: EPG - EPG::CEpg::Update - failed to update table 'WETADT4'
22:43:40.102 T:6184   ERROR: PVR - PVR::CPVRClient::GetEPGForChannel - addon 'zuki.pvr.hdhomerundvr:api.hdhomerun.com' returned an error: the command failed
22:43:40.102 T:6184   ERROR: PVR - PVR::CPVRClients::GetEPGForChannel - cannot get EPG for channel 'TCM' from client '235985751': the command failed
22:43:40.102 T:6184   ERROR: EPG - EPG::CEpg::Update - failed to update table 'TCM'
22:43:40.102 T:6184   ERROR: PVR - PVR::CPVRClients::GetEPGForChannel - cannot get EPG for channel 'FETV' from client '235985751': the command failed
22:43:40.102 T:6184   ERROR: EPG - EPG::CEpg::Update - failed to update table 'FETV'

The important one is the "Multiple failures were encountered" message, after you see that every single channel will fail with "cannot get EPG - the command failed" for a while.

NOTE: I am currently not equipped to test anything but Windows Krypton versions. I am confident that the changes will not cause any issues with other platforms, but if they do please let me know.

Now onto the proverbial elephant in the room -- I deeply apologize for leaving you guys high and dry for like 6 freaking months, but it could not be avoided. It will be at least another couple/few weeks before I can get back into this, the assignment ends July 15th. I know I am way behind on Leia and like 400 posts here and at least 10 issues on GitHub. I truly hope the software has been working well for you in general, and I have no intention of ignoring you forever! But for now, I have to sign off and cross my fingers that this update does what it was intended to do. I'll be installing it here at home tomorrow evening :)

Ken.F
Device ID: 1041A706, 1043EB32, 104BAD9E, 13168DC5, 1322A7AC

Post by Ken.F »

djp952 wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:16 pm
OMG not only is he not dead, he actually pushed out a new version!
8><---
NOTE: I am currently not equipped to test anything but Windows Krypton versions. I am confident that the changes will not cause any issues with other platforms, but if they do please let me know.
Congratulations on being not dead! :)

I tested the Win32 Krypton version on 2 Win7 PCs and the Linux armhf Krypton on a RPi2 running LibreELEC. I haven't noticed any issues yet. If I have time I'll try the Linux x86_64 Krypton version later today.

pavlov70

Post by pavlov70 »

Glad to see you are back! Looking forward for when you get it updated for Leia.

Ken.F
Device ID: 1041A706, 1043EB32, 104BAD9E, 13168DC5, 1322A7AC

Post by Ken.F »

I tested the Linux x86_64 Krypton version yesterday. I cleared the guide cache and quit Kodi, then opened Kodi again to get a fresh guide download. It stopped updating the guide a little more than half way through. I quit Kodi and opened it again, then the guide download completed normally. I have Kodi set to download 14 days of guide data and I have 196 channels enabled so maybe that was too much at once?

This morning I opened Kodi on the same Linux PC and the guide download completed on the first try, although it took a very long time. I didn't time it but if I had to guess I'd say it took about 30 minutes. It acted as if it was downloading the complete guide all over again. I did have guide data for all channels long before it completed downloading so it doesn't really make much difference to me as a user. I don't care if it downloads guide data all day long in the background, it just doesn't seem efficient.

jhford

Post by jhford »

Is it possible to upload an image with a post?

Hardax

Post by Hardax »

Glad all is ok @djp952!

WHEN, you have the chance can you look at my previous post issue with playback randomly stopping when using your Android build? Only happens with your modified APK and unfortunately breaks the ever important WAF so ive had to move onto other solutions but would love to go back if I can.

Thanks!

djp952
Device ID: 131EB7F7;131ED0E0

Post by djp952 »

pavlov70 wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:39 am
Glad to see you are back! Looking forward for when you get it updated for Leia.
Leia is kinda/sorta updated. It will work but I see some issues, mainly with 'live stream' reporting. Your timeline bar at the bottom will be all dorked up. I also haven't done anything to deal with the new changes in the past 6+ months, but I did start looking into them :)

https://github.com/djp952/pvr.hdhomerun ... leia-1.2.9