(OLD) Unofficial Kodi PVR Client for HDHomeRun DVR subscribers

Kodi Community Development

Moderator: TVJunkie198

kenchills

Re: Unofficial Kodi PVR Client for HDHomeRun DVR subscribers

Post by kenchills »

Hi! First post in this forum. Just to let you know, this PVR client is awesome. Mad props to you. Thank you so much for the hard work!

My question is.....I can't seem to get subtitles working while watching TV or recordings with the PVR client. Subtitles seem to work in the official HDHomerun add-on, but when I watch TV with this wonderful PVR client......no subtitles. I have enabled subtitles in the Kodi settings to the best of my ability...but no joy. Am I doing something wrong? Do I need another add-on? Does the PVR client support subtitles?
I'm running the windows installed version with Kodi 17.4

Thanks in advance for a response!

djp952
Device ID: 131EB7F7;131ED0E0

Post by djp952 »

mtk wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:21 am Here's a link to the Kodi Log. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-5Em ... lRlOWhMM00
Looks like there is an error getting EPG data for the channels.
Ah, thank you for the log. There is definitely something wonky going on for sure, and the errors are definitely from the PVR client. Would you be willing to send me a copy of the PVR database file to look at? It doesn't have anything identifiable about you in there other than your HDHomeRun device IDs.

From the directory where the Kodi log is, there should be a 'userdata' directory, and under that 'addon_data' and then 'pvr.hdhomerundvr'. The PVR database file will be called hdhomerundvr-v1.2.db, and shouldn't be very large. I don't have an easy way to upload something, but if you PM with a link to somewhere, I can grab it :)

Sorry for the trouble - by the logs it still looks like the backend isn't returning anything, but maybe we can figure this one out without going crazy typing commands in the web browser. If the database doesn't provide enough of a hint, I'll PM you the commands we can try manually, it's frowned upon to post them here I think.

usafle

Post by usafle »

mtk wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:21 am If the database doesn't provide enough of a hint, I'll PM you the commands we can try manually, it's frowned upon to post them here I think.
you've got secret codes and you aren't sharing???? Lol

djp952

Post by djp952 »

kenchills wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:10 pm Hi! First post in this forum. Just to let you know, this PVR client is awesome. Mad props to you. Thank you so much for the hard work!

My question is.....I can't seem to get subtitles working while watching TV or recordings with the PVR client. Subtitles seem to work in the official HDHomerun add-on, but when I watch TV with this wonderful PVR client......no subtitles. I have enabled subtitles in the Kodi settings to the best of my ability...but no joy. Am I doing something wrong? Do I need another add-on? Does the PVR client support subtitles?
I'm running the windows installed version with Kodi 17.4

Thanks in advance for a response!
Hmm.. there is nothing PVR specific for subtitle support that I am aware of, the official addon and this one both take the stream from the HDHomeRun(s) and send it to Kodi as-is. Well, I have a little hack to remove some poison packets that ffmpeg doesn't like, but they have nothing to do with subtitles.

You can try the "Stream Live TV channels directly from tuner device(s)" advanced setting to make this PVR behave just like the official one, the stream will come from the tuner rather than the DVR engine. You lose seek/timeshifting with that turned on, but it would be interesting to see if perhaps this is another case where the DVR engine stream is causing a problem with ffmpeg. The streams are slightly different metadata and layout wise, as we learned with the "channel won't tune" problem :mrgreen:

djp952

Post by djp952 »

usafle wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:24 pm
mtk wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:21 am If the database doesn't provide enough of a hint, I'll PM you the commands we can try manually, it's frowned upon to post them here I think.
you've got secret codes and you aren't sharing???? Lol
Of course!

Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A Start :mrgreen:

usafle

Post by usafle »

djp952 wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:25 pm Of course!

Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A Start :mrgreen:
Lol!!!! That's great! A blast from the past.

mtk

Post by mtk »

djp952 wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:20 pm Ah, thank you for the log. There is definitely something wonky going on for sure, and the errors are definitely from the PVR client. Would you be willing to send me a copy of the PVR database file to look at? It doesn't have anything identifiable about you in there other than your HDHomeRun device IDs.
Here's the PVR database. Looks like I haven't posted enough to PM yet.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-5Em ... U9OeU5VSTA

I appreciate all the help.

mtk

Post by mtk »

mtk wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:12 pm
djp952 wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:20 pm Ah, thank you for the log. There is definitely something wonky going on for sure, and the errors are definitely from the PVR client. Would you be willing to send me a copy of the PVR database file to look at? It doesn't have anything identifiable about you in there other than your HDHomeRun device IDs.
Here's the PVR database. Looks like I haven't posted enough to PM yet.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-5Em ... U9OeU5VSTA

I appreciate all the help.
One other thing I did notice is the HDHomeRun View app in windows says the "DVR not configured". Yet the EPG works in the windows app.

rahduke

Post by rahduke »

Hey, I've been using this version of Kodi on my Nvidia ShieldTV and having nothing but problems with it. Wondering if anyone else in this thread is using this on ShieldTV and if you are experiencing the following:

Poor playback of HDhomerun channels, Stuttering, slowdowns, freezes
Generally poor playback of media in Kodi especially though NFS, SMB. Freezes, total stops, glitches galore

At this point I can't even really use Kodi to watch HDhomerun or my local media. Wifi is not the issue as playback through the native HDhomerun app and live channels works perfectly and Archos/Plex and SPMC can stream my networked 4k content flawlessly. Any input would be appreciated...

xnappo

Post by xnappo »

rahduke wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:59 am Hey, I've been using this version of Kodi on my Nvidia ShieldTV and having nothing but problems with it. Wondering if anyone else in this thread is using this on ShieldTV and if you are experiencing the following:
A big fat NOPE from me. I just switched from a Fire TV box in my HT and Nexus Player in my living room to shields in both and they have been flawless...

ssyspro

Post by ssyspro »

djp952 would you mind updating the leia builds again please.

denmonta

Post by denmonta »

Great add-on.
Thanks for making it almost perfect in my view.

The only problem I see so far is with pausing Live TV for several minutes and then trying to go past
the commercial with skipping forward. Something I use all the time.
I have my remote setup so that I can skip forward by several minutes when I hit the skip function several times.
However it only skips 10 seconds ahead even though I see it tries to go forward by showing "Seeking +03:00"
It looks like it does not know exactly how big the buffer is at that point. Skipping forwards works great on recordings, but there is definitely a problem for me with Live TV buffer.

I had already posted about this problem, but did not get any solution so far.
I am just asking if anybody else sees the same behavior. I have tried with different hardware (Raspberry Pi, chromebox running LibreElec, OSMC...) but they all behave the same way for me.

This is the only problem that keeps me from moving away from Windows 7 WMC towards Silicondust DVR
backend on Windows 10.

jasonmcroy
Device ID: 1061D18E, 1070B743, 1076A10B

Post by jasonmcroy »

I really like this addon. Thank you for making it so easy!

I was wondering if there is a way to let playback of recordings via the Live TV section work with the Trakt.tv addon? I currently have my TV Shows section pointing to the HDHomerun recordings folder and I play the recordings via that so that it will work with Trakt. If it could somehow work directly via the Live TV section I could eliminate the TV Shows folder section on the home screen.

Thanks!

sccrgoalie1

Post by sccrgoalie1 »

First of all, thanks for this, this is exactly what I wanted for Kodi integration.

Wondering if you could create an ARM apk build for the lastest Leia build, as it has an fix for edl commerical skipping id like to test. I'd build it myself but I'm guessing with my own keystore I'll have to uninstall your version and lose all my setup. If you don't have time, no problem. Thanks!

kodi-20171015-4ca79b9-master-armeabi-v7a.apk

jens

Post by jens »

Hi!

This is my first post here so please bare with me :-)

First of all, thank you for a splendid app. Easy to use and understand.
I do have an issue with the recording though. When I try to record a program Kodi says: "Timer rule creation failed. The PVR add-on does not support a suitable timer rule type"

I can pause the program fine.
If I install HDHomeruns own app it will let me record the program, but I would like to use your app if possible.

Can you help me out please?

Thank you

Best regards

Jens Krogsgaard