KODI Addon: can't change channel...

Kodi Community Development

Moderator: TVJunkie198

jbk

KODI Addon: can't change channel...

Post by jbk » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:39 pm

.. if the last 'live' channel previously viewed now cannot be received, the addon shows a choice to either exit or go to 'live tv', which simply causes a retry with the same result (loop). Requesting to select another channel (up or down arrow) is ignored. Deleteing and re-installing the addon does not clear the "last channel virewed". How can I clear this? Or do I have to simply wait until such time as atmospherics allow the channel to be received before I can switch from it?

Mediaman
Expert
Device ID: 131045A9, 131F4A88

Re: KODI Addon: can't change channel...

Post by Mediaman » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:59 pm

Try selecting a new channel from discovery if your using the DVR. If that is not an option try removing the add on and then close Kodi restart computer and reload add on.

jbk

Post by jbk » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:41 am

Thanks, but I had already tried those steps. It appears that wherever the "last channel viewed" is, it is extremely well hidden and not subject to being overwritten by the install process. Then again, so is the EPG data (the item may be somewhere in there). I've even gone so far as to reload the firmware. Wherever it is, it is not in a file/directory containing *silicon* nor *hdhomerun*. The hardware seems fine, and hdhomerun_config_gui has no problem displaying a channel (via VLC) although it does so in an annoying "pip" format with a fixed portion "zoomed" (badly) to fill the window. Any idea where the EPG data resides?

jbk

Post by jbk » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:10 pm

And to add...

Found (I believe) the epg data (/home/**********/.kodi/userdata/Database/Epg10.db), deleted it and re-installed the hdhomerun add-on which rebuilt it. Made no difference, so the 'last channel viewed' must be somewhere else. Getting a bit frantic...

jasonl
Silicondust

Post by jasonl » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:34 pm

It's stored in the Kodi userdata folder, under addon_data then script.hdhomerun.view, in the settings.xml file. There is a line:

Code: Select all

<setting id="last.channel" value="xxx" />
Change the value to some valid channel number.

jbk

Post by jbk » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:59 pm

Fantastic turnaround from Silicondust Support for the workaround (I submitted a ticket which has been forwarded).