Kodi Community Development

Moderator: TVJunkie198

djp952
Device ID: 131EB7F7;131ED0E0

Re: Unofficial Kodi PVR Client for HDHomeRun DVR subscribers

Post by djp952 »

wex101 wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:11 pm
That all sounds wonderful. I would keep pausing as an option with broken seek.

In the video addon I am able to work around all that by just watching a currently recording show from the recording instead of live. Will that work around still work?
Sent a PM with a link to a test version that uses the available HDHomeRun tuners directly. Would definitely appreciate a test if you have the time/inclination :D Did some cleanup afterwards and ported to Jarvis but still haven't tested under DSPlayer. On standard Kodi the new option looks pretty good so far.
agressiv wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:45 pm
Got the "Preparing: 0%" to happen again. Only seems to happen on linux, it's not happening on my Windows machine. I'll mail you the kodi.log and DB, nothing was written to stdout/stderr.

Tried the "Clear PVR data bit", didn't help. Still have to killall kodi and kodi.bin.
Got the e-mail and sent a couple replies. So far the only thing I can find in Kodi that puts up a "Preparing" message is the media scanner. Kodi Team was quick getting 17.1 pushed out for Ubuntu so I'm backing that out and will compile 17.0 from source to ensure comparing apples to apples.

You guys are awesome; thanks again for bearing with me while I try to come up with an addon that works for everyone that wants to use it! :D

wex101

Post by wex101 »

This is so awesome! So far most everything is working as expected. The video feed is the most challenging on my system using madvr yet! That has nothing to do with the addon of course though

The only glitch I'm seeing is that sometimes when playing a channel it doesn't switch to dsplayer and all I get is audio. Hitting the kodi button for going in and out of the playing video doesn't work, and I can't even stop it. I just have to restart kodi. Then I'll play a channel again and it'll work as expected.

djp952

Post by djp952 »

wex101 wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:09 pm
This is so awesome! So far most everything is working as expected. The video feed is the most challenging on my system using madvr yet! That has nothing to do with the addon of course though

The only glitch I'm seeing is that sometimes when playing a channel it doesn't switch to dsplayer and all I get is audio. Hitting the kodi button for going in and out of the playing video doesn't work, and I can't even stop it. I just have to restart kodi. Then I'll play a channel again and it'll work as expected.
Woot! Glad it's working at all (I was quite curious if it would). Did you have the same problems with audio only from the regular HDHomeRun PVR Client? I ran into the same thing while playing around with DSPlayer, I assumed I set it up wrong or something and didn't really pay that much attention to it -- with this new setting the only thing I'm doing is selecting a URL to play and handing it off to Kodi/DSPlayer, not a lot that be done differently. Hmmm ... I do specify a stream type to Kodi ("video/MP2T"), which is something the regular addon doesn't do, I wonder if that's tripping something up. Let me try to duplicate that condition again and see if not setting that value or toying with other parameters makes any difference.

I'm very happy to hear that it's on the right track (and apparently closer to good than I expected!). If I get a new test version ready to try and address that audio-only thing I will let you know! Still trying to track down agressiv's problem and would also love to cut a Raspberry Pi 3 build next time out too. If those take too long I will package this change up and call it '1.0.5'.

:D

djp952

Post by djp952 »

I also have an update for the Android folks. I can't seem to build a direct analogue version of the Kodi .apk file; there is always some extra cruft and the generated binaries aren't 'close enough' in my opinion (I diff them with official and expected to only find timestamp differences, but lots of things change). My assumption at this point is that officially they use a slightly different build process than they documented. The versions I'm building seem to work fine, but I'd rather not introduce any problems into Kodi itself.

What I think I'm going to do instead is mod and resign the official .apk files available from Team Kodi. I expect this approach will work better in the long run since there won't be any concerns about Kodi itself, you should be getting the exact same stuff Team Kodi released, just with a few extra files for the additional PVR.

Ken.F
Device ID: 1041A706, 1043EB32, 104BAD9E, 13168DC5, 1322A7AC

Post by Ken.F »

djp952 wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:06 pm
...and would also love to cut a Raspberry Pi 3 build next time out too.
I'm looking forward to your Raspberry Pi release. I don't like experimenting with my Android devices and PCs since I use them daily but I'll try just about anything on my RPis.

stickly

Post by stickly »

djp952 wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:49 pm
I also have an update for the Android folks. I can't seem to build a direct analogue version of the Kodi .apk file; there is always some extra cruft and the generated binaries aren't 'close enough' in my opinion (I diff them with official and expected to only find timestamp differences, but lots of things change). My assumption at this point is that officially they use a slightly different build process than they documented. The versions I'm building seem to work fine, but I'd rather not introduce any problems into Kodi itself.

What I think I'm going to do instead is mod and resign the official .apk files available from Team Kodi. I expect this approach will work better in the long run since there won't be any concerns about Kodi itself, you should be getting the exact same stuff Team Kodi released, just with a few extra files for the additional PVR.
Thank you, looking forward to trying it out! :D

Rickt1962

Post by Rickt1962 »

djp952 wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:20 pm
Rickt1962 wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:48 pm
Will this work on OSMC using a Raspberry Pi-3 ?
Guess what just came in the mail today ... a Raspberry Pi 3 :) How coincidental! I've always wanted a reason, you gave me one! LOL.
GREAT ! If your TV supports CEC ! Your off to the races ! using the same remote !

Now that you have Pi-3 guess what ? It has built in Bluetooth so you can add Retropie on top of OSMC buy a ps3 remote and now you have gaming center built in with your media center !

lovemyram4x4

Post by lovemyram4x4 »

I just noticed that it shows as being recorded that are part of series but aren't actually being recorded because they already were.
djp952 wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:49 pm

Have tried contacting Koying(SPCM)? As someone else already mentioned SPMC tailored specifically for Android and anyone using Android is likely better off using it instead of Kodi. Maybe he'd be willing to add your PVR add on into his builds.

mjohnson007

Post by mjohnson007 »

Hi,

love the addon, seems to be working fine...
I do have one issue, I did scan this tread or other to find a solution I cant get duplicates not to be shown, have 2x HDHomeRun same channel line up on both, tried turning on and off the remove duplicates, but doesn't work still seeing double channels, in the guide and channel list.

Running chromebox with most recent LibreElec stock skin...

maybe I missed a post on how to fix this???

Still great work, looking forward to an answer.

M

inetjnky

Post by inetjnky »

Curious how Kodi and live tv and pvr functions for you on the chromebox? I also have an Asus chromebox running Kodi and I'm about to setup my new HDHR Prime and a NAS solution for DVR recording. Just curious if you experience any issues with the Chromebox? Thanks!

djp952

Post by djp952 »

Hi gang! Been offline for a couple days struggling with a Raspberry Pi build (fixed! more on that later - could have been a root cause for some other Linux weirdness that's been reported). But first a couple responses ...
lovemyram4x4 wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:17 pm
I just noticed that it shows as being recorded that are part of series but aren't actually being recorded because they already were.
This is unfortunately normal. The backend (HDHomeRun DVR Service) reports all shows that *might* be recorded based on your recording rules, and the HDHomeRun RECORD engine does not expose what it will actually record, or what has already been recorded in the past and deleted. The best I can do is add Kodi timers that report what the backend tells me. I've asked SD in another forum if they could add support to HDHomeRun RECORD to report what it will really do, but if I recall non-SD users just shot it down. I stopped asking questions over there, it was pointless.

This is listed as a known limitation on the wiki as well. Sorry it can't be more accurate for you...
mjohnson007 wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:47 am
love the addon, seems to be working fine...
I do have one issue, I did scan this tread or other to find a solution I cant get duplicates not to be shown, have 2x HDHomeRun same channel line up on both, tried turning on and off the remove duplicates, but doesn't work still seeing double channels, in the guide and channel list.
Thanks! But ... I think you may be using the official Kodi HDHomeRun PVR addon? There is no option to remove duplicate channels in this addon, it only knows how to show you one channel, regardless of the number of devices you have. I load all the channels from all devices into a database and select them that way. This one is called "HDHomeRun DVR PVR Client" and should have a white logo with the word "zuki" in it displayed. The official one in Kodi uses a green SiliconDust logo.

If by chance you have both PVR clients enabled, try disabling the official one. Let us know!
Last edited by djp952 on Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

djp952

Post by djp952 »

Version 1.0.5 has been released: https://github.com/djp952/pvr.hdhomerun ... /Downloads
  • Fix problem with legacy devices detected through HTTP discovery adding a phantom channel and skewing the lineups
  • Add "Stream LiveTV channels directly from tuner device(s)" advanced option
  • Remove Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) support -- unnecessary and potentially problematic for some Linux builds
  • (Linux) Restrict exported symbols to prevent name collisions with shared libraries
Also of importance but not listed in the change log ... there is now a formal build for OSMC on Raspberry Pi 2/3 (linux-armhf) out there! This version also brings Jarvis and Krypton builds for GNU linux-armel, linux-armhf and linux-aarch64 platforms, but I am currently only capable of testing the linux-armhf platform. I will test out the linux-armel and linux-aarch64 as soon as I can. I don't anticipate many problems, the same code works great as-is on Android for those chips.

There are still some updates that need to be made on the wiki (the new setting is listed as a "todo" out there), but I redid the main "Downloads" page to try and better represent what should be downloaded for any given platform. Let me know if it's more or less confusing :)

This is actually a pretty big update regardless of the short changelog; please let me know if you run into problems. I'll get the wiki updated for the new option and go through and update any documentation that needs updating ASAP.

Enjoy ... and thank you all for the feedback!! I think I'll go watch some recorded TV on my Raspberry Pi 3 now. :mrgreen:

lovemyram4x4

Post by lovemyram4x4 »

Yeah I kind of figured that it was because of hdhomerun side of things since the view app also shows shows that aren't actually being recorded as being recorded.

Sorry if it already says in the wiki, but does your plug make it so shows don't record again if deleted from Kodi? If so does it only work if played from live TV-recorded section or also from TV shows section(I prefer using this for watching my recorded shows since it supports far more customization, or if deleted by after watch? If it works in the former but the later is something I could add into after watch's script?

Ken.F

Post by Ken.F »

djp952 wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:28 pm
Also of importance but not listed in the change log ... there is now a formal build for OSMC on Raspberry Pi 2/3 (linux-armhf) out there! This version also brings Jarvis and Krypton builds for GNU linux-armel, linux-armhf and linux-aarch64 platforms, but I am currently only capable of testing the linux-armhf platform. I will test out the linux-armel and linux-aarch64 as soon as I can. I don't anticipate many problems, the same code works great as-is on Android for those chips.
It seems to be working fine with Kodi 17.1 and LibreELEC 8.0.1 on my RPi2. I still haven't explored it thoroughly but everything looks good so far. Thanks for taking the time to make it available for the RPi users.

Ken.F

Post by Ken.F »

I may have found a bug. Not sure what happened here but it looks like the changelog is superimposed over the settings screen.