Kodi Community Development

Moderator: TVJunkie198

djp952
Device ID: 131EB7F7;131ED0E0

Re: Unofficial Kodi PVR Client for HDHomeRun DVR subscribers

Post by djp952 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:02 pm

Beerman wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:45 pm
W10. I tried it on another W10 box and get the same error message. It pops up and leaves quick but the exact message is "the dependency on xbmc.pvr version 4.1.0 could not be satisfied".
I feel it's something on my end but I've done nothing different than normal when installing addons.
Aha! That should mean that you grabbed the Jarvis .zip file rather than the Krypton one. You should have gotten a .zip named:

zuki.pvr.hdhomerundvr-win32-krypton-1.0.4.6282.zip

(Mods: delete this part if it's not cool, but here's the link: https://github.com/djp952/pvr.hdhomerun ... 4.6282.zip)

Kodi keeps track of it's own APIs with version numbers, "4.1.0" is the Jarvis PVR API. "5.2.1" is the Krypton PVR API, that's why Kodi is getting so mad at you, it's trying to tell you it can't use the add-on.

If that works out and gets you up and running, is there anything I can do on the Download page to better call attention to there being 2 versions, one for Jarvis (16.1) and one for Krypton (17.x)? I don't want anyone to get frustrated; quite the contrary in fact!

Beerman

Post by Beerman » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:17 pm

Thanks, see I knew it was me! :D
Worked a treat. Thanks for sharing your work.

wex101

Post by wex101 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:37 pm

I would love to start using this addon, but can't get it to enable! Whenever I got to enable the addon, I get an error that says "can't load shared library." In the Kodi log, it says "%1 is not a valid win32 application"

What on earth does this mean! I am using the Dsplayer build of kodi Krypton.

djp952

Post by djp952 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:21 pm

wex101 wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:37 pm
I would love to start using this addon, but can't get it to enable! Whenever I got to enable the addon, I get an error that says "can't load shared library." In the Kodi log, it says "%1 is not a valid win32 application"

What on earth does this mean! I am using the Dsplayer build of kodi Krypton.
DSPlayer 32-bit or DSPlayer 64-bit? Add-on may not work with the 64-bit version, "official" Kodis are 32-bit on Windows, so I only made a 32-bit version.

Downloading DSPlayer (both versions), will let you know what I find out.

edit: Yeah, it doesn't work with the 64-bit version. Shouldn't be a big deal to add an x64 Windows build, I already generated all of the dependencies with 64-bit Windows versions, expecting this at some point. I'm on it.

edit2: A quick x64 test version worked. The code needs some tweaks here and there, nothing major, shouldn't take me long -- shoot for tomorrow night?

wex101

Post by wex101 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:20 am

Uh... holy crap you are incredible!

agressiv

Post by agressiv » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:39 am

FYI, not sure if you are aware, but the "Latest Versions" of the x64 Krypton linux plugin is missing the word "linux-" in the actual link. If you just go to the 1.0.4 links (which are the same version) they are correct:

In "Latest Versions":
https://github.com/djp952/pvr.hdhomerun ... 4.6282.zip

in 1.0.4:

djp952

Post by djp952 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:22 pm

agressiv wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:39 am
FYI, not sure if you are aware, but the "Latest Versions" of the x64 Krypton linux plugin is missing the word "linux-" in the actual link. If you just go to the 1.0.4 links (which are the same version) they are correct:

In "Latest Versions":

in 1.0.4:
Fixed! Thank you!!

djp952

Post by djp952 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:28 pm

wex101 wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:20 am
I don't know about that, let's pass judgment after it works? I have to figure out how to represent this in the Downloads area to not confuse things (most people won't need the x64 build for Windows), but in the meantime here you go (direct link into GitHub release) Same code as "1.0.4", just compiled for Windows x64:

https://github.com/djp952/pvr.hdhomerun ... 4.6284.zip

I may just list it under "DSPlayer x64" instead of "Windows"? Dunno. I also made a Jarvis x64 build, but I can't seem to find any Jarvis versions in the wild that used the x64 branch of Kodi, so I'll probably leave that .zip as a secret.

Do you guys know of any other x64 Windows Kodi distribution I could test against and list? As I understand it ffmpeg is the problem with x64, so it makes sense that DSPlayer could have a 64-bit release that works :)

agressiv

Post by agressiv » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:47 pm

Found something else once I got it up and running - All of my channels are shifted up one number. I have an HDHR Prime (Cablecard) and an HDHR Connect (OTA).

For me,
Channel 1 should be "XFINITY On Demand", or "ON D" as the older pvr.hdhomerun calls it. Chanenel 2 is PBS, which is KTCADT.

On pvr.hdhomerundvr,
Channel 1 is labeled as "XDM" (On Demand) but is blank. Channel 2 is labeled as KTCADT (PBS), but it's showing Channel 1's (XDM's) programs (XFINITY On demand)

I don't know if having 2 tuners is contributing to this though.

From pvr.hdhomerun (Good):

From pvr.hdhomerundvr (Bad)

I'm certainly willing to do whatever troubleshooting is required to help! I'm not a good coder but I have no problems recompiling. Running arch linux.

Edit: Confirmed it happens on Windows as well. Krypton build for both.

Edit 2: Tried disconnecting each device and refreshed the channels. No matter which device is active, the first channel is always blank.

Edit 3: It's just the guide that maps it wrong. If I go to "Channels", it's correct, but obviously only shows what is currently playing. Channels shows an Empty "Channel 0" which the guide doesn't have.

Edit 4: Got it! I unplugged my old HDHR Dual, which wouldn't work with this anyways. It was somehow detecting that device and adding a blank channel to the guide.

djp952

Post by djp952 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:49 pm

agressiv wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:47 pm
Found something else once I got it up and running - All of my channels are shifted up one number. I have an HDHR Prime (Cablecard) and an HDHR Connect (OTA).

For me,
Channel 1 should be "XFINITY On Demand", or "ON D" as the older pvr.hdhomerun calls it. Chanenel 2 is PBS, which is KTCADT.

On pvr.hdhomerundvr,
Channel 1 is labeled as "XDM" (On Demand) but is blank. Channel 2 is labeled as KTCADT (PBS), but it's showing Channel 1's (XDM's) programs (XFINITY On demand)

I don't know if having 2 tuners is contributing to this though.

From pvr.hdhomerun (Good):

From pvr.hdhomerundvr (Bad)

I'm certainly willing to do whatever troubleshooting is required to help! I'm not a good coder but I have no problems recompiling. Running arch linux.

Edit: Confirmed it happens on Windows as well. Krypton build for both.

Edit 2: Tried disconnecting each device and refreshed the channels. No matter which device is active, the first channel is always blank.

Edit 3: It's just the guide that maps it wrong. If I go to "Channels", it's correct, but obviously only shows what is currently playing. Channels shows an Empty "Channel 0" which the guide doesn't have.

Edit 4: Got it! I unplugged my old HDHR Dual, which wouldn't work with this anyways. It was somehow detecting that device and adding a blank channel to the guide.
Glad you got it! If you don't mind, though, I would like to see your database file? It shouldn't be able to do anything with the legacy tuners at all, and I really don't think it should have put the guide data for Channel 1 into KCTADT like that. I did try it with an HDHomeRun Extend OTA back a bit to check for subchannels working, but it's been a few revisions. I think there is probably something to fix here. I'll PM you with where to get the .db file and where to send it, if you are willing. The only identifiable information in there will be your HDHomeRun device IDs and the (volatile) device authorization strings. Nothing about you or your computer itself.

I'll also hook up the Extend again tonight so I have 3 devices going again and see if anything pops up.

Thank you for letting me know -- you guys are awesome for all the detailed feedback!!!

edit: I also have a couple old legacy devices I've never plugged in around here somewhere too, if the HDHomeRun record engine reports them, bad things probably will happen! I'm sure if it does they can be filtered out easily enough. I'm on it!

edit2: (Sorry, I'm bad about editing posts often) -- you're quite right, the legacy devices come through when I query my.hdhomerun.com. They have a special "legacy" flag that I can use to filter them out. Nice! If you didn't send me your database, I'm probably OK without it, I should be able to duplicate the problem behavior now.

WORKAROUND: Turn on the "Use network broadcast for device discovery" option in the PVR add-on settings. This will filter out the legacy devices. Let the guide settle for a couple cycles or restart Kodi a couple times and see if that makes it all good. I will of course put a permanent fix in place for you...

edit3: Fixed for next version :D

wex101

Post by wex101 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:23 pm

djp952 wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:28 pm
wex101 wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:20 am
I don't know about that, let's pass judgment after it works? I have to figure out how to represent this in the Downloads area to not confuse things (most people won't need the x64 build for Windows), but in the meantime here you go (direct link into GitHub release) Same code as "1.0.4", just compiled for Windows x64:

https://github.com/djp952/pvr.hdhomerun ... 4.6284.zip

I may just list it under "DSPlayer x64" instead of "Windows"? Dunno. I also made a Jarvis x64 build, but I can't seem to find any Jarvis versions in the wild that used the x64 branch of Kodi, so I'll probably leave that .zip as a secret.

Do you guys know of any other x64 Windows Kodi distribution I could test against and list? As I understand it ffmpeg is the problem with x64, so it makes sense that DSPlayer could have a 64-bit release that works :)
It's working nicely for me! Although there's a lot I haven't tried yet. One thing I can't get it to do is to use the channel numbers from my hdhomerun device, even after toggling the setting to do so in Kodi.

djp952

Post by djp952 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:16 pm

wex101 wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:23 pm
It's working nicely for me! Although there's a lot I haven't tried yet. One thing I can't get it to do is to use the channel numbers from my hdhomerun device, even after toggling the setting to do so in Kodi.
Do you have multiple PVR Clients enabled (either Radio or TV)? Kodi will ignore the 'use channel numbers from backend' setting if there is more than one PVR add-on enabled. It's a database thing; hard to deal with multiple add-ons reporting the same channel numbers so they disallow that.

If that's the reason, I have something that might help: If you go into this add-on's Configuration settings, I have a "Prepend Channel Numbers to Channel Names" toggle, that defaults to off. You'll still see the 1, 2, 3, etc numbers from Kodi, but the channel name itself will be changed to include the real number. On my system, for example, I would see "38 | 511 WBALDT" rather than "38 | WBALDT".

I have the same problem here as I built a second PVR for myself to be able to watch/delete my old Media Center recordings until they are gone, but even though that PVR doesn't provide any channels Kodi still locks me out of using the real numbers. This option was critical for the family to be able to navigate their way, nobody but me knows the channel call signs!

On Krypton the configuration setting is available by following this path through the UI: Add-ons/Enter add-on browser/My add-ons/PVR clients/HDHomeRun DVR PVR Client/Configure.

If having multiple PVRs enabled is not the reason, let me know -- if there is something this addon can do differently that would address it for you I'd be happy to try!

wex101

Post by wex101 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:06 pm

Progress thank you! You were right, I accidentally had the other HDHR pvr enabled at the same time, which, it turns out was allowing me to watch live tv. The guide is working properly, but whenever I try to watch live tv, Kodi crashes.

Here is the link to the dmp file it creates. I actually don't have any idea how to read it.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_VtP ... WhiV0NoQXc

djp952

Post by djp952 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:59 pm

wex101 wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:06 pm
Progress thank you! You were right, I accidentally had the other HDHR pvr enabled at the same time, which, it turns out was allowing me to watch live tv. The guide is working properly, but whenever I try to watch live tv, Kodi crashes.

Here is the link to the dmp file it creates. I actually don't have any idea how to read it.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_VtP ... WhiV0NoQXc
No worries, I'll have a look at the dump and see what I can find out :) Sorry!!

edit: Looks like a race condition when capturing the live stream; when testing through a debugger (slows everything down) it works but letting it rip does not. I hope to have a solution for you relatively soon....

wex101

Post by wex101 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:32 pm

I'm seriously thrilled by how helpful you've been. Thank you son much! By chance do you have donations set up so I could buy you a beer?