Kodi Community Development

Moderator: TVJunkie198

Ken.F
Device ID: 1041A706, 1043EB32, 104BAD9E, 13168DC5, 1322A7AC

Re: Unofficial Kodi PVR Client for HDHomeRun DVR subscribers

Post by Ken.F »

djp952 wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:41 pm
1.0.6 also has the new "Use season/episode number as title for recordings" option you can try out.
Thanks for adding the season/episode info. It was difficult to see exactly which episodes I had the way it was displayed before.

Before:

After:

Rickt1962

Post by Rickt1962 »

Looking GOOD ! Testing 1.0.6 on PI-3 Kodi 17.03-1 Channel logos working , Guide working and the bonus no duplicate channels !!!!
Draw back for me since Im not subscriber I don't get record option. It errors out

Great Work !

Question how long have you been working on the code ?

djp952
Device ID: 131EB7F7;131ED0E0

Post by djp952 »

Rickt1962 wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:19 pm
Looking GOOD ! Testing 1.0.6 on PI-3 Kodi 17.03-1 Channel logos working , Guide working and the bonus no duplicate channels !!!!
Draw back for me since Im not subscriber I don't get record option. It errors out

Great Work !

Question how long have you been working on the code ?
I think I started this one in early January? I had finally had enough of Windows Media Center and the break in new TV shows gave me an opportunity to hobble something together for the family. This was actually my second PVR, we used the regular HDHomeRun PVR for a while until this worked generally properly. The first one I made was to access our Media Center recordings through the Kodi PVR interface with all the metadata available and the ability to delete them. (It's open-source but is Windows-only by nature, not "published" since it's supposed to be temporary!)

PS - Good news - I believe I finally found the bug you ran into (and is probably causing others some serious grief as well). It turns out I goofed something up a few versions back when I made the background tasks cancellable (for sleep/shut down/etc). As a result, any time something like the devices or lineups change and they trigger manual jobs to accommodate the changes, ALL the scheduled tasks are being cancelled, and they will never come back unless you put the system to sleep or restart Kodi. sigh. <hangs head in shame -- this one is an extremely careless error on my part>

I was hoping 1.0.6 would be something stable for a while so people wouldn't have to keep updating, but this is a pretty major snafu. I think this is the root cause for more than a few complaints!!!

djp952

Post by djp952 »

I'm very sorry to do this to you guys, but I finally found what I believe to be the root cause of a few problems reported here (especially Rickt1962's EPG dilemma - thank you Rick!), and have published yet another release (v1.0.7) to correct it.

The problem would occur if your HDHomeRun devices or channel lineups changed, including during a first-run scenario, or if certain settings were changed (discovery intervals, guide length). Basically anything that caused a background discovery task to be run immediately due to a detected environment change or be rescheduled due to a settings change would erroneously cancel ALL background tasks, and they won't come back unless you suspend/resume the system or restart Kodi. This can cause a plethora of problems -- missing EPG data, missing recordings, missing timers .. anything that comes from the backend DVR service would be pretty much stuck and never updated.

Given the severity of this defect and the annoyance that it is probably causing, I went ahead and rebuilt everything even though 1.0.6 was built yesterday. This defect impacts versions 1.0.4, 1.0.5 and 1.0.6, if you are using any of those versions I highly recommend the update:

https://github.com/djp952/pvr.hdhomerun ... /Downloads

This one was a careless oversight on my part -- I changed something and didn't verify all the related bits and pieces still worked afterwards. Thanks for bearing with me; I hope 1.0.7 is stable enough to last at least a few weeks without another update :D

numus

Post by numus »

djp952 wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:41 pm
You guys are awesome for testing out the Android stuff I can't .. THANK YOU! I'm very glad it's working and is being generally useful. I'm especially happy that the ARM64 version seems to be working for people.

It's only been a few days since the last release, but I couldn't resist the opportunity to release something with a nice round build number like "6300". Therefore, version 1.0.6(.6300) is out there now.

The big feature is formalized Android APKs (finally) -- the main changes over the test versions posted earlier this week are that I use a custom version number/name to indicate it's not the official Kodi, and the generation process is automated as part of the build and is now documented. 1.0.6 also has the new "Use season/episode number as title for recordings" option you can try out.

On Android when using the APKs, you should see a custom version in the App properties now:

There shouldn't be any problems updating from the test version, but the requirement to uninstall any other Kodi fork, including the official one from Team Kodi, still applies. I use my own signing key to sign the .apk file, that makes it incompatible with any other author's .apk file(s).

Enjoy, and again thanks to everyone for the feedback!
Any recommendation on how to fully uninstall the previous apk from firetv? I tried uninstalling via firetv manager, i tried with the

adb uninstall -k org.xbmc.kodi

But no matter how I uninstall it I always get the "Incompatible" error when I try to install your version...

Also I am running Rasbian on my rpi2 (needed a full OS with web browser) and installed kodi but I can't install your linux addon because it gives a kodi pvr requirement failure... Any idea what package (or if I have to install a linux kodi with pvr support) I need to install? I installed the default Kodi HDHomeRun PVR with

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install kodi-pvr-hdhomerun
but when I try to install your linux addon it still gives the pvr error.

djp952

Post by djp952 »

numus wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:01 am
Any recommendation on how to fully uninstall the previous apk from firetv? I tried uninstalling via firetv manager, i tried with the

But no matter how I uninstall it I always get the "Incompatible" error when I try to install your version...

Also I am running Rasbian on my rpi2 (needed a full OS with web browser) and installed kodi but I can't install your linux addon because it gives a kodi pvr requirement failure... Any idea what package (or if I have to install a linux kodi with pvr support) I need to install? I installed the default Kodi HDHomeRun PVR with

Hmmm.. which APK are you trying on the FireTV? Looks like both first and second generation would use the "arm" version, even though the 2nd gen has a 64-bit CPU. I would expect a different error message if the wrong platform was tried (INSTALL_FAILED_NO_NO_MATCHING_ABIS). Since you have ADB access, do you see any Kodi looking directories under /data/app? I'm sorry that I don't have access to a FireTV device to be more helpful.

The Pi error is most likely trying to use the Jarvis addon on Krypton or vice-versa, did it mention a "PVR" version number by chance? That particular message is what Kodi spits out when it doesn't like the addon version. If not, if you let me know what version of Raspbian you are running I can try it on the Pi 3 I have and see what happens.

Rickt1962

Post by Rickt1962 »

djp952 wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:15 pm
I'm very sorry to do this to you guys, but I finally found what I believe to be the root cause of a few problems reported here (especially Rickt1962's EPG dilemma - thank you Rick!), and have published yet another release (v1.0.7) to correct it.

The problem would occur if your HDHomeRun devices or channel lineups changed, including during a first-run scenario, or if certain settings were changed (discovery intervals, guide length). Basically anything that caused a background discovery task to be run immediately due to a detected environment change or be rescheduled due to a settings change would erroneously cancel ALL background tasks, and they won't come back unless you suspend/resume the system or restart Kodi. This can cause a plethora of problems -- missing EPG data, missing recordings, missing timers .. anything that comes from the backend DVR service would be pretty much stuck and never updated.

Given the severity of this defect and the annoyance that it is probably causing, I went ahead and rebuilt everything even though 1.0.6 was built yesterday. This defect impacts versions 1.0.4, 1.0.5 and 1.0.6, if you are using any of those versions I highly recommend the update:

This one was a careless oversight on my part -- I changed something and didn't verify all the related bits and pieces still worked afterwards. Thanks for bearing with me; I hope 1.0.7 is stable enough to last at least a few weeks without another update :D
As you know I am testing Kodi 18 and expect to see problems and Your hard work making this possible is GREAT ! Its early and we are testing :)
P.S. Forgot to mention when installing 1.0.6 make sure you disable the other Client Zoltan first !

Great Work !

I know you haven't tried yet but I did test it on Kodi 18 ...NOPE and don't bother till Kodi 18 becomes public. A lot of coding needs done !
Last edited by Rickt1962 on Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

djp952

Post by djp952 »

Rickt1962 wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:10 am
I know you haven't tried yet but I did test it on Kodi 18 ...NOPE and don't bother till Kodi 18 becomes public. A lot of coding needs done !
Leia is going to be fun for sure. From what I've seen so far the biggest change will be that the PVR client will be responsible for all streaming, no more passing a URL to Kodi. This breaks recordings and the new "Stream direct from tuners" option. I don't think it will be too hard -- all the pieces are there they just need to be rearranged. Leia will totally break that DSPlayer fork on Windows wex101 uses, it completely relies on having the stream URL.

I figure I'll wait until they have a Beta 1 and pick it up then. If I become ambitious, Leia would be a great time to get this into Kodi itself (and it's probably in a much better place than the official one to handle the Leia changes). We'll see!

I'm happy to spend some time on a Leia prototype if it would be of value/use to you. Anything learned today can be applied tomorrow!

numus

Post by numus »

djp952 wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:46 am
numus wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:01 am

Hmmm.. which APK are you trying on the FireTV? Looks like both first and second generation would use the "arm" version, even though the 2nd gen has a 64-bit CPU. I would expect a different error message if the wrong platform was tried (INSTALL_FAILED_NO_NO_MATCHING_ABIS). Since you have ADB access, do you see any Kodi looking directories under /data/app? I'm sorry that I don't have access to a FireTV device to be more helpful.

The Pi error is most likely trying to use the Jarvis addon on Krypton or vice-versa, did it mention a "PVR" version number by chance? That particular message is what Kodi spits out when it doesn't like the addon version. If not, if you let me know what version of Raspbian you are running I can try it on the Pi 3 I have and see what happens.
I will check the Firetv's later tonight. As for the Pi Problem, it said unmet dependency (PVR) or something like that. I used the krypton zip for kodi krypton on rasbian (Jessie). Unfortunetly my RPi doesn't seem to be online right now (tried to ssh into it and it isn't responding) so no idea what is up with that.

djp952

Post by djp952 »

I'm betting it said ... "the dependency on xbmc.pvr version x.x.x could not be satisfied" :)

This is definitely the error that you get when trying to install Jarvis on Krypton or Krypton on Jarvis. Grab whichever the "other" one is. I'll double-check all the links as well; make sure I'm not linking you to the wrong .zip file (it's happened before!)

numus

Post by numus »

Tried to install

zuki.pvr.hdhomerundvr-linux-armhf-krypton-1.0.7.6301.zip

On raspbian (raspberry pi 2) Linux raspberrypi 4.4.50-v7+ #970 SMP Mon Feb 20 19:18:29 GMT 2017 armv7l GNU/Linux

Kodi crashes everytime it loads (once it loads the pvr script it goes black until it crashes out)... Here is a copy of the crash report.

https://pastebin.com/m1YXiRaD

djp952

Post by djp952 »

numus wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:22 pm
Tried to install

zuki.pvr.hdhomerundvr-linux-armhf-krypton-1.0.7.6301.zip

On raspbian (raspberry pi 2) Linux raspberrypi 4.4.50-v7+ #970 SMP Mon Feb 20 19:18:29 GMT 2017 armv7l GNU/Linux

Kodi crashes everytime it loads (once it loads the pvr script it goes black until it crashes out)... Here is a copy of the crash report.

https://pastebin.com/m1YXiRaD
Sorry for the delay in response, had to work on something else for a couple days ...

I believe "armv7l" is the soft-float ARM kernel, you are using the hard-float (armhf) version of the addon. Try the "armel" version. Sadly on ARM you have to match the addon with the kernel architecture.

I'll try to install raspbian armv7l on the pi 3 to confirm, but I think armel is the one you want :D

Ronvp

Post by Ronvp »

I do not get any channel logo's in the guide (Windows store version 17.1), but they are showing up in just the channel view. is this by design?

Update, I noticed if I change skin, I do get the logo in the guide. Any body knows how to show the logo in the estuary skin?

agressiv

Post by agressiv »

Out of curiosity, I tried the latest libreelec and openelec builds, neither were successful with the linux plugin:
17:56:13.803 T:140363675662080 ERROR: AddOnLog: HDHomeRun DVR PVR Client: ADDON_Create failed due to an unhandled exception: no such table: json_each: (1) SQL logic error or missing database
Tried moving over the .kodi directory as a means of installation (along with the DB) as well as wiping the db to see if it would recreate it.

SQLLite3 is installed:
LibreELEC:/ # /usr/bin/sqlite3 --version
3.15.2 2016-11-28 19:13:37 bbd85d235f7037c6a033a9690534391ffeacecc8
Guessing something else is missing. If I drop HBO, this will probably be the desired HTPC for me since I won't need the protected content of the Win10 app anymore.

clarkss12
Device ID: 104CBEA5 ;1055A951

Post by clarkss12 »

For those that are interested, this is the version **zuki.pvr.hdhomerundvr-linux-armhf-krypton-1.0.7.6301.zip** that works with this version of LibreELEC ** [8.0.1e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X**.
I am running LibreELEC on my $40 Android box with Amlogic S905 SoC.