"LocalIP": "192.168.1.171",
"ConditionalAccess": 1,
"BaseURL": "http://192.168.1.171:80",
"DiscoverURL": "http://192.168.1.171:80/discover.json",
"LineupURL": "http://192.168.1.171:80/lineup.json"
}
]

If I browse to the DiscoverURL then I get this:

{"FriendlyName":"HDHomeRun PRIME","ModelNumber":"HDHR3-CC","FirmwareName":"hdhomerun3_cablecard","FirmwareVersion":"20170612beta1","DeviceID":"131B24C7","DeviceAuth":"XM8dNnd62tXZlimQe0RqPAgw","TunerCount":3,"ConditionalAccess":1,"BaseURL":"http://192.168.1.171:80","LineupURL":"http://192.168.1.171:80/lineup.json"}

If I open up the Windows 10 HDHomerun app, I can record there and it records to the folder that is configured. I can also playback the recorded items. It is running on the same box (and I did the steps above on that same box) as what I am running Kodi on.
This is definitely the root of your concern, at least. The storage engine isn't visible via the HTTP API. I'm not certain if the official application uses the HTTP API or the broadcast API, but the only thing the PVR can see is your one PRIME tuner. Pretty much nothing in this PVR works if it has no RECORD engine available.

One thing you can try is go into the PVR add-on Configuration and toggle "Use network broadcast for device discovery":

https://github.com/djp952/pvr.hdhomerun ... ersion-104

What this option does is bypass my.hdhomerun.com to search for tuners and the storage engine and use the old school method provided by SiliconDust in their library code, it might provide different results. If not then we definitely have to get SiliconDust involved since the RECORD engine isn't showing up on my.hdhomerun.com. I'm betting a sneaky firewall rule in in play, but they would know best.

Let us know if changing to broadcast discovery has any effect for ya.
That did it!!!! Everything is working great now. When it loads the channels it goes super fast as well. Live TV and recording all show and work great.

Thank you!

vjr

Re: Unofficial Kodi PVR Client for HDHomeRun DVR subscribers

Post by vjr » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:18 am

djp952 wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:35 pm

For whatever reason it seems Kodi/ffmpeg just doesn't like your music channels :(

Have you tried the official Kodi HDHomeRun PVR addon? I expect the end result will be the same, BUT you get the benefit of being able to ask the Kodi peeps if they can help. I think this may be your best option at this point; if there is a problem to solve it really feels like it's inside of Kodi.

Sorry. I hate to pawn you off on Kodi but this one is beyond my level of expertise.
Absolutely no problem with that Michael. I kind of like to play those channels while reading a book but I can do that with the python client. I might take you up on testing that official PVR client and bothering the Kodi folks. Thank you very much for looking into this for me.

djp952
Device ID: 131EB7F7;131ED0E0

Post by djp952 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:57 am

vjr wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:18 am
djp952 wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:35 pm

For whatever reason it seems Kodi/ffmpeg just doesn't like your music channels :(

Have you tried the official Kodi HDHomeRun PVR addon? I expect the end result will be the same, BUT you get the benefit of being able to ask the Kodi peeps if they can help. I think this may be your best option at this point; if there is a problem to solve it really feels like it's inside of Kodi.

Sorry. I hate to pawn you off on Kodi but this one is beyond my level of expertise.
Absolutely no problem with that Michael. I kind of like to play those channels while reading a book but I can do that with the python client. I might take you up on testing that official PVR client and bothering the Kodi folks. Thank you very much for looking into this for me.
I'm working on an experimental change to filter certain types of packets out of the transport stream, if that works at all it may be something we can use to help your problem as well. Can't promise, of course, but it should be worth a try.

Would you have a place you could upload a 50-100MB file? If you want, you can capture the raw stream and I can see if such a change would be of any benefit to the problem. There is a program called "curl" that can capture the data. As an example, to capture 60 seconds of channel 949:

curl -o output.ts -m 60 http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxx/auto/v949

To get the URL, go to http://my.hdhomerun.com/discover, and find the "BaseURL" for the item with a "StorageID", then append "/auto/v" and the channel number.

If you want to try this, please PM me with the location of the file(s) and I can see what I can do!

starslayer74
Device ID: 15300503, 1325D5CE

Post by starslayer74 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:55 pm

This looks like what I'm looking for - does it "replace" the PVR guide (when I hit "E" it loads the PVR guide...)?

Also, I apologize, a lot of information is in the forum here but I am at work so I have limited time - does this still require root on AndroidTV? I'm asking because I have no idea how to root my unit so if that's currently a requirement then I guess I have to wait and see if another solution comes along.

I'm running a mi Box (the $69 walmart one) - I've been using NextPVR with mixed results for a few months now - I'm willing to shell out the subscription to Silicondust for a working DVR but I want it to integrate into Kodi the same way the NextPVR does.

djp952

Post by djp952 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:15 pm

starslayer74 wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:55 pm
This looks like what I'm looking for - does it "replace" the PVR guide (when I hit "E" it loads the PVR guide...)?

Also, I apologize, a lot of information is in the forum here but I am at work so I have limited time - does this still require root on AndroidTV? I'm asking because I have no idea how to root my unit so if that's currently a requirement then I guess I have to wait and see if another solution comes along.

I'm running a mi Box (the $69 walmart one) - I've been using NextPVR with mixed results for a few months now - I'm willing to shell out the subscription to Silicondust for a working DVR but I want it to integrate into Kodi the same way the NextPVR does.
This pulls guide data from the DVR service and loads the Kodi Guide with it. I wasn't aware of the "E" shortcut, but that does appear to bring up the guide in Kodi. Is that what you were asking, if this populates the TV guide in Kodi? If so, yup!

Android is still a bit fussy for some, I think it depends on what platform you are on. NVidia Shield, FireTV, etc. I have been providing modified Kodi .APKs that include the PVR client so root isn't required, but they are by design not compatible with the real Kodi APKs, so any existing Kodi will need to be uninstalled. That has been a difficulty for some folks, there seem to be platforms out there that won't allow it to be fully removed. If your platform didn't come with Kodi, it's pretty likely that it will work.

You can try the Android APKs without actually enabling this PVR client, it will have all the clients that ship with official Kodi too. If you can install it successfully, you should be good to go. You will need to know if your Android is ARM, ARM64 or X86, there are separate APKs for each. I make those by opening up the real APKs, adding files, and re-signing them with a unique version. Should be identical other than not getting updates through the Play Store.

Before you jump, I suggest perusing some of the documentation to be sure you'd be OK with what limitations it has. There aren't a lot, but there are some challenges here and there. I'd say setting up and managing timers are the most challenging part right now -- the methodology Kodi expects and the one the DVR service uses don't exactly line up :) I tried to explain it as best I could:

https://github.com/djp952/pvr.hdhomerundvr/wiki

At a minimum, I suggest reading through "Known Issues and Limitations" and "Timers and Timer Rules".

If you do give it a try and run into something or have any suggestions, please let me know! Nobody does, but you can use the "Issues" link on that GitHub site to report problems or make suggestions too -- it's what it's there for! :)

djp952

Post by djp952 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:29 pm

Happy weekend! The next things to work on are time-consuming, so I thought you might like a quick bump to get a couple of the recently requested changes out there ...

Version 1.1.1 (2017.07.07)
  • Allow for 30-second and 1-minute local network discovery intervals (devices, lineups, recordings)
  • Adapt to backend recording attribute change; use DisplayGroupTitle instead of Title for recording folder names
  • Detect special recording DisplayGroupTitle attributes 'movie' and 'sport' and convert to 'Movies'/'Sports' folders
https://github.com/djp952/pvr.hdhomerun ... /Downloads

This is a very small update. The biggest change is that as requested Recordings classified by the DVR service as "movie" or "sport" will now appear in special folders called "Movies" and "Sports" rather than their own folders. I also switched to using a new attribute provided by the backend to name the series folders in Recordings. You probably won't see any difference (I don't), but if you lose a series scroll around it may have a slightly different folder name now.

NOTE: This will be the last (expected) release that supports DSPlayer for Windows in its current state. I'm very sorry to have to yank this support, but DSPlayer relies upon a deprecated feature that is being completely removed in Kodi 18. In order to keep the code for Jarvis, Krypton and now Leia as close as possible to each other I have to stop using that ("strStreamURL", if you're interested). This also means that the "Stream Live TV channels directly from tuner device(s)" option behavior will change in version 1.2; it will actually work better and give me more flexibility to support folks that don't have a RECORD engine available. That's the plan anyway.

Some good news as well, so far all my proposed changes to Kodi so far have been accepted! It's nothing even close to major, but hey - every fix helps, right? I'm getting better at the ol' Pull Requests too, only got yelled at 3 or 4 times :)

• Fix defect causing "Record Series Rule" to show up in EPG right-click menu
  • Fix problem on Windows causing an inability to create a timer on the first day of a month
  • Fix problem preventing pause from working if seek isn't supported
PS - This thread has gotten a bit too long for people to scroll through (90% of it is my verbal diaherra), when the next major version (1.2) is ready I think I'll ask the moderators to close this out and we can start a new one if SD is still cool with it.
Last edited by djp952 on Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fletchb1

Post by fletchb1 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:37 pm

Newbie ?:

Is this a client add on or a whole kodi install?

From the download page it makes it appear this is an entire kodi package(meaning I would lose all my existing configs/data)?
Thanks.

djp952

Post by djp952 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:39 pm

fletchb1 wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:37 pm
Newbie ?:

From the download page it makes it appear this is an entire kodi package(meaning I would lose all my existing configs/data)?
Thanks.
For everything but Android it's a regular side-loaded PVR addon. On Android, unless you want to root and hack around it's an entire package. On Android I think you can back up the settings on the SDCARD and bring them back in, but don't quote me on that.

Windows: Addon
Linux: Addon
Android: Full APK, have to remove any existing Kodi first

otaku

Post by otaku » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:05 pm

Just loaded 1.1.1 onto my Shield and it retained all settings!

fletchb1

Post by fletchb1 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:36 pm

djp952 wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:39 pm
fletchb1 wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:37 pm
Newbie ?:

Thanks.
For everything but Android it's a regular side-loaded PVR addon. On Android, unless you want to root and hack around it's an entire package. On Android I think you can back up the settings on the SDCARD and bring them back in, but don't quote me on that.

Windows: Addon
Linux: Addon
Android: Full APK, have to remove any existing Kodi first
Thanks.
What I can do is try it on a non critical setup and see what happens.

regards...

NYPlayer
Device ID: 104112F4,104162C4,10438DAD,10438DF5,10701381,13147C7B,131A192A

Post by NYPlayer » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Thanks djp952 the new groupings of movies and sports looks clean ... Thanks.

miniz98

Post by miniz98 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:19 am

Quick question. So I'm running kodi 17.3 apk and everything works great. Only thing is the guide is blank. Do I have to wait with the box on? I have tried rebooting, clear channel lists, clear data. None bring the guide data in.

fletchb1

Post by fletchb1 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:45 am

Ok I tried installing on a non critical tablet (samsung tab s) .

It appears all is fine for 15 seconds or so then I get a message popup saying it did not install. No other information.

Any ideas?
Thanks.

fletchb1

Post by fletchb1 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:58 am

fletchb1 wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:45 am
Ok I tried installing on a non critical tablet (samsung tab s) .

It appears all is fine for 15 seconds or so then I get a message popup saying it did not install. No other information.

Any ideas?
Thanks.
I am good now...had to uninstall old version and now it loads fine..

fletchb1

Post by fletchb1 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:25 pm

Ok gave it a whirl on my main system (after backing up everything) and only got a chance to play for an hour or so but:

This appears to be a MUCH better solution that what SD has. For one, the guild data works correctly all the time and does not get jumbled around like it does in the android ie (6pm then 12am 1am 2am 3am then 7pm). When it does this there is no easy way to record a show. This one has a normal guide that works like it should.

Sd should buy this as it is much easier to use!

Thanks!