masonpharmd wrote: ↑
Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:05 pm
SO I just downloaded 1.1 for Android Krypton. AND OMG!
You just ended my search for a cord cutter that the family will accept!!
With all the EPG it functions just like my **** (within the limitations of Kodi)
Mike? You do beautiful work! Silicon Dust should adopt as the OFFICIAL Kodi PVR client for the service.
I haven't fully played around yet, but I think this will eliminate running down to the Windows computer to schedule a recording!!
Wow, can't top a testimonial like that! Thank you very much, and thank you also to everyone out here that answer questions and help others out!
I ultimately didn't include any new features over the betas, but there were a couple required additional fixes, the Android APKs for Jarvis didn't work at all, for example. That would have been embarrassing
. The main new things I was working on are really intended for Kodi 18 "Leia" support anyway.
Version 1.1.0 (Build 6391)
- Update SQLite database engine to version 3.19.3
- Update cURL library to version 7.54.1
- New Electronic Program Guide (EPG) implementation
- Fix demuxer format hint for Live TV streams
- Use GUI dialog boxes to indicate errors that occur when adding timers rather than throwing an exception
- Add a selection dialog box when adding Record Series Rule timers to allow user to choose from matching titles
- Apply the "Startup discovery task delay" to the discovery executed on wake from sleep
- (Linux/Android) Prevent cURL from raising signals on name resolution failures or data transfer time-outs
GitHub has been updated, including the documentation wiki. There is also a new 'Known Issue' to be aware of on Krypton:
"Record Series Rule" appears as an option when selecting "Add Timer" from the EPG
This is a defect in Kodi "Krypton" versions 17.1-17.3. A change was submitted to and accepted by Team Kodi to resolve this issue moving forward. There is no harm in selecting this option when it appears in the "Add Timer" EPG context menu, but it will execute a title search for the selected series as if it was selected from the generic "Add Timer" PVR menu rather than automatically selecting the series from the EPG. It is recommended that only the "Record Series" and "Record Once" timer types be selected when using the EPG.
Have a great Fourth of July weekend everyone! (for those of us in the US, of course)