OLD: Unofficial Kodi PVR Client for HDHomeRun DVR subscribers

Kodi Community Development

Moderator: TVJunkie198

Locked
clarkss12
Posts: 1236
Joined: Sat May 11, 2013 11:51 am
Device ID: 104CBEA5 ;1055A951
Location: Michigan, USA
Contact:

Re: Unofficial Kodi PVR Client for HDHomeRun DVR subscribers

Post by clarkss12 »

clarkss12 wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:24 pm
For those that are interested, this is the version **zuki.pvr.hdhomerundvr-linux-armhf-krypton-1.0.7.6301.zip** that works with this version of LibreELEC ** [8.0.1e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X**. Very simple installation, download from a Windows (or Linux) machine, copy zip file to a folder on the LibreELEC box, and install from zip file, no fuss no muss.

I am running LibreELEC on my $40 Android box with Amlogic S905 SoC.

agressiv
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:00 am

Re: Unofficial Kodi PVR Client for HDHomeRun DVR subscribers

Post by agressiv »

FYI this is a straight Intel box, so the ARM version won't work at all.

Under the covers, it's just a trimmed down linux on x86_64, but I'm guessing it's missing some sort of library.

Ken.F
Posts: 2289
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:20 am
Device ID: 1041A706, 1043EB32, 104BAD9E, 13168DC5, 1322A7AC
Location: West Rockhill, PA

Re: Unofficial Kodi PVR Client for HDHomeRun DVR subscribers

Post by Ken.F »

agressiv wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:13 am
Out of curiosity, I tried the latest libreelec and openelec builds, neither were successful with the linux plugin:
FWIW zuki.pvr.hdhomerundvr-linux-x86_64-krypton-1.0.7.6301.zip worked fine on my i5-650 with Mint 18.

djp952
Posts: 1242
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:46 pm
Device ID: 131EB7F7;131ED0E0
Location: Elkridge, MD USA

Re: Unofficial Kodi PVR Client for HDHomeRun DVR subscribers

Post by djp952 »

agressiv wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:13 am
Out of curiosity, I tried the latest libreelec and openelec builds, neither were successful with the linux plugin:
17:56:13.803 T:140363675662080 ERROR: AddOnLog: HDHomeRun DVR PVR Client: ADDON_Create failed due to an unhandled exception: no such table: json_each: (1) SQL logic error or missing database
Tried moving over the .kodi directory as a means of installation (along with the DB) as well as wiping the db to see if it would recreate it.

SQLLite3 is installed:
LibreELEC:/ # /usr/bin/sqlite3 --version
3.15.2 2016-11-28 19:13:37 bbd85d235f7037c6a033a9690534391ffeacecc8
Guessing something else is missing. If I drop HBO, this will probably be the desired HTPC for me since I won't need the protected content of the Win10 app anymore.
Bah ... this means that the statically linked version of SQLite is being replaced by the one on your system. I thought I fixed that! Ah well. Let me take some time to mirror your environment and try again.

FWIW, I use the special "JSON1" extension of SQLite, which is in the compiled-in library but isn't present in all SQLite distributions. I really thought I had that completely fixed, it was the problem with OSMC and Raspberry Pi.

I'm on it, will take an evening or two to get LibreELEC up and running to see why it isn't behaving the way I expect. Sorry!

numus
Posts: 541
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:57 am

Re: Unofficial Kodi PVR Client for HDHomeRun DVR subscribers

Post by numus »

djp952 wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:35 pm
numus wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:22 pm
Tried to install

zuki.pvr.hdhomerundvr-linux-armhf-krypton-1.0.7.6301.zip

On raspbian (raspberry pi 2) Linux raspberrypi 4.4.50-v7+ #970 SMP Mon Feb 20 19:18:29 GMT 2017 armv7l GNU/Linux

Kodi crashes everytime it loads (once it loads the pvr script it goes black until it crashes out)... Here is a copy of the crash report.

https://pastebin.com/m1YXiRaD
Sorry for the delay in response, had to work on something else for a couple days ...

I believe "armv7l" is the soft-float ARM kernel, you are using the hard-float (armhf) version of the addon. Try the "armel" version. Sadly on ARM you have to match the addon with the kernel architecture.

I'll try to install raspbian armv7l on the pi 3 to confirm, but I think armel is the one you want :D
armel wouldn't install for some reason :( I will try again in a little while..

Still can't figure out how to install the firetv apk (how to properly uninstall the previous kodi install so that it doesn't throw errors).

jeremyt
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:45 pm

Re: Unofficial Kodi PVR Client for HDHomeRun DVR subscribers

Post by jeremyt »

Thanks for this wonderful addon, i've got it working and recording to a readynas server, and 3 Pi's doing the playback. However, the channel #'s listed in the guide do not match what was inside windows media center. In fact when i visit my.hdhomerun.com and view the channel #'s the channel #'s match what used to be inside WMC. I'm not sure where OSMC is getting the channel #'s. Any help?

Also, previously i installed the native HDhomerun kodi plugin and setup some timers, and not i'm not able to delete these times from this addon? How can i delete these timers that were created from the native hdhomerun kodi plugin?

djp952
Posts: 1242
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:46 pm
Device ID: 131EB7F7;131ED0E0
Location: Elkridge, MD USA

Re: Unofficial Kodi PVR Client for HDHomeRun DVR subscribers

Post by djp952 »

jeremyt wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:51 pm
Thanks for this wonderful addon, i've got it working and recording to a readynas server, and 3 Pi's doing the playback. However, the channel #'s listed in the guide do not match what was inside windows media center. In fact when i visit my.hdhomerun.com and view the channel #'s the channel #'s match what used to be inside WMC. I'm not sure where OSMC is getting the channel #'s. Any help?

Also, previously i installed the native HDhomerun kodi plugin and setup some timers, and not i'm not able to delete these times from this addon? How can i delete these timers that were created from the native hdhomerun kodi plugin?
Cool, glad you like it!

The channel numbers are probably going sequentially, like 1, 2, 3... ? There is a Kodi option to use the channel numbers from the PVR client, the location varies slightly depending on if you are using the Jarvis (Kodi 16.1) based or Krypton (Kodi 17.x) based OSMC release. The last couple have been Krypton:

Kodi 16.1 "Jarvis": SYSTEM/Settings/TV/General/Use channel numbers from backend
Kodi 17.0 "Krypton": Settings/PVR & Live TV/General/Use channel numbers from backend

Note that this option does not work if you have multiple PVR Clients enabled; Kodi will always use it's own internal numbers.

Deleting timer RULES (not timers) should be possible, but it's not necessarily intuitive. I've documented most everything on the wiki page, have a look at the "HowTo" to see if there is an answer there: https://github.com/djp952/pvr.hdhomerundvr/wiki/How-To. The first two paragraphs talk about deleting timers. I apologize that it's not fully compatible with all the Kodi options/features, the concepts between Kodi timers and HDHomeRun DVR recording rules don't match up 100%. The reason you can't delete a timer for a series rule is that we have no control over the HDHomeRun RECORD engine, it makes the decisions about what episodes will and will not record for a series. I agree it's not ideal, I wish I had a better way to implement it.

djp952
Posts: 1242
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:46 pm
Device ID: 131EB7F7;131ED0E0
Location: Elkridge, MD USA

Re: Unofficial Kodi PVR Client for HDHomeRun DVR subscribers

Post by djp952 »

agressiv wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:13 pm
FYI this is a straight Intel box, so the ARM version won't work at all.

Under the covers, it's just a trimmed down linux on x86_64, but I'm guessing it's missing some sort of library.
Ah crud, I have been so busy this week I completely missed this piece of information. I just got LibreELEC set up and running on the Pi 3 to see what's what and it worked fine. I'll set up a LibreELEC x86_64 VM. It looks like the fix for the mismatched libraries is in place on v1.0.7 x86_64, so sadly I have no answer today either. Sorry!!

djp952
Posts: 1242
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:46 pm
Device ID: 131EB7F7;131ED0E0
Location: Elkridge, MD USA

Re: Unofficial Kodi PVR Client for HDHomeRun DVR subscribers

Post by djp952 »

numus wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:04 pm
djp952 wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:35 pm
numus wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:22 pm
Tried to install

zuki.pvr.hdhomerundvr-linux-armhf-krypton-1.0.7.6301.zip

On raspbian (raspberry pi 2) Linux raspberrypi 4.4.50-v7+ #970 SMP Mon Feb 20 19:18:29 GMT 2017 armv7l GNU/Linux

Kodi crashes everytime it loads (once it loads the pvr script it goes black until it crashes out)... Here is a copy of the crash report.

https://pastebin.com/m1YXiRaD
Sorry for the delay in response, had to work on something else for a couple days ...

I believe "armv7l" is the soft-float ARM kernel, you are using the hard-float (armhf) version of the addon. Try the "armel" version. Sadly on ARM you have to match the addon with the kernel architecture.

I'll try to install raspbian armv7l on the pi 3 to confirm, but I think armel is the one you want :D
armel wouldn't install for some reason :( I will try again in a little while..

Still can't figure out how to install the firetv apk (how to properly uninstall the previous kodi install so that it doesn't throw errors).
You are quite right; armhf is indeed the correct version that was my mistake. I re-looked at the log file you posted and I don't see any real involvement from the PVR. That's not necessarily telling, Kodi may not have gotten around to logging it. One of the active threads was from the PVR Client, it was starting it's internal discovery scheduler. It looks similar to other threads that were waiting on "condition variable"s.

When/if you reinstall the armhf version, can you try running Kodi from a terminal window? You should be able to just type "kodi". What this will do is let us capture the standard error output stream, I make sure all exceptions are sent there since if Kodi crashes before the log file is flushed, we'll miss the root cause.

For what it's worth, though, looking at the dump again it appears that OpenGL had a problem? I can't be certain that was the thread that died, but it looks that way?

My Pi is freed up again so I can get Raspian going on it next. Thanks for your patience!! Kodi works on too many platforms! LOL

jeremyt
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:45 pm

Re: Unofficial Kodi PVR Client for HDHomeRun DVR subscribers

Post by jeremyt »

I'm using Krypton 17.X, when you say "this option does not work if you have multiple PVR Clients enabled;" Are you referring to multiple kodi boxes on the same network talking the hdhomerun DVR server? For example we have 3 Rasp Pi's running Kodi.
djp952 wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:30 pm
jeremyt wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:51 pm
Thanks for this wonderful addon, i've got it working and recording to a readynas server, and 3 Pi's doing the playback. However, the channel #'s listed in the guide do not match what was inside windows media center. In fact when i visit my.hdhomerun.com and view the channel #'s the channel #'s match what used to be inside WMC. I'm not sure where OSMC is getting the channel #'s. Any help?

Also, previously i installed the native HDhomerun kodi plugin and setup some timers, and not i'm not able to delete these times from this addon? How can i delete these timers that were created from the native hdhomerun kodi plugin?
Cool, glad you like it!

The channel numbers are probably going sequentially, like 1, 2, 3... ? There is a Kodi option to use the channel numbers from the PVR client, the location varies slightly depending on if you are using the Jarvis (Kodi 16.1) based or Krypton (Kodi 17.x) based OSMC release. The last couple have been Krypton:

Kodi 16.1 "Jarvis": SYSTEM/Settings/TV/General/Use channel numbers from backend
Kodi 17.0 "Krypton": Settings/PVR & Live TV/General/Use channel numbers from backend

Note that this option does not work if you have multiple PVR Clients enabled; Kodi will always use it's own internal numbers.

Deleting timer RULES (not timers) should be possible, but it's not necessarily intuitive. I've documented most everything on the wiki page, have a look at the "HowTo" to see if there is an answer there: https://github.com/djp952/pvr.hdhomerundvr/wiki/How-To. The first two paragraphs talk about deleting timers. I apologize that it's not fully compatible with all the Kodi options/features, the concepts between Kodi timers and HDHomeRun DVR recording rules don't match up 100%. The reason you can't delete a timer for a series rule is that we have no control over the HDHomeRun RECORD engine, it makes the decisions about what episodes will and will not record for a series. I agree it's not ideal, I wish I had a better way to implement it.

djp952
Posts: 1242
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:46 pm
Device ID: 131EB7F7;131ED0E0
Location: Elkridge, MD USA

Re: Unofficial Kodi PVR Client for HDHomeRun DVR subscribers

Post by djp952 »

jeremyt wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:16 pm
I'm using Krypton 17.X, when you say "this option does not work if you have multiple PVR Clients enabled;" Are you referring to multiple kodi boxes on the same network talking the hdhomerun DVR server? For example we have 3 Rasp Pi's running Kodi.
Nope, that setting is instance-specific. You should be able to try it on any one of the 3 Kodi boxes you have without any problems for the other 2.

lovemyram4x4
Posts: 206
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:45 pm

Re: Unofficial Kodi PVR Client for HDHomeRun DVR subscribers

Post by lovemyram4x4 »

jeremyt wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:16 pm
I'm using Krypton 17.X, when you say "this option does not work if you have multiple PVR Clients enabled;" Are you referring to multiple kodi boxes on the same network talking the hdhomerun DVR server? For example we have 3 Rasp Pi's running Kodi.

It means it won't work if you have for example WMC PVR, NextPVR and Hdhomerun PVR add on all enabled on the same Kodi install.

Basically using backend's numbering only works if only 1 PVR client is being used on a particular Kodi install

Champers
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:44 pm

Re: Unofficial Kodi PVR Client for HDHomeRun DVR subscribers

Post by Champers »

Any ideas on getting closed caption to play through the Kodi TV interface? Its recorded with the show, but doesnt show up on playback in Kodi 17

djp952
Posts: 1242
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:46 pm
Device ID: 131EB7F7;131ED0E0
Location: Elkridge, MD USA

Re: Unofficial Kodi PVR Client for HDHomeRun DVR subscribers

Post by djp952 »

Update for Raspbian: I was able to duplicate the problem with loading the PVR Client causing Kodi to crash. It's telling me I'm trying to invoke a pure virtual method call, which in the C++ world means something went horribly awry (like trying to access a function that was never implemented.

I have to dig down a little deeper to find out where this is occurring, but I have a couple thoughts. It may be a quick fix (and a separate build just for Raspian/Retropie if I'm right).

No update for LibreELEC x86_64 concerns yet. Hoping to get the VM set up this evening.

edit: Nope, not the quick fix. Looks like the generic ARM cross compiler doesn't work for Raspbian. It needs to use a different one, this is apparently a common problem once I had some details to search against. That will take a bit more time, I need to build versions of all the dependencies for Raspbian first. Glad I took out OpenSSL -- that one is tough to build properly :) (Now watch SD change the backend to require SSL for everything - lol)

djp952
Posts: 1242
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:46 pm
Device ID: 131EB7F7;131ED0E0
Location: Elkridge, MD USA

Re: Unofficial Kodi PVR Client for HDHomeRun DVR subscribers

Post by djp952 »

numus wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:22 pm
Tried to install

zuki.pvr.hdhomerundvr-linux-armhf-krypton-1.0.7.6301.zip

On raspbian (raspberry pi 2) Linux raspberrypi 4.4.50-v7+ #970 SMP Mon Feb 20 19:18:29 GMT 2017 armv7l GNU/Linux

Kodi crashes everytime it loads (once it loads the pvr script it goes black until it crashes out)... Here is a copy of the crash report.
OK numus - I was able to put together a functional build for Raspbian and published version 1.0.7a specifically for it. Had no problems loading it up on my Pi 3. A bit slow, perhaps, but doesn't crash Kodi!

Please check out the Downloads page on the Wiki, drill down to find the new v1.0.7a ones out there for "Raspbian JESSE for Raspberry Pi 2/3" (raspbian-armhf). Note that I didn't test the Jarvis build, but see no reason it wouldn't work as well as the Krypton build.

It did turn out to be the tools used to create the library; thank you so much for the log file and your patience while I got it to work. Let me know if you run into any additional problems.

Locked