OLD: Unofficial Kodi PVR Client for HDHomeRun DVR subscribers

Kodi Community Development

Moderator: TVJunkie198

djp952
Device ID: 131EB7F7;131ED0E0

Re: Unofficial Kodi PVR Client for HDHomeRun DVR subscribers

Post by djp952 »

Rickt1962, while you're here ... I have a theory on your Guide problem. I can't reproduce it yet even with OSMC 2017.02-2, so bear with me.

What time zone are you in, and what time zone did you set for OSMC? The more I think about it, this seems like the backend service is returning guide data from the past. When I ask the backend for guide data (regardless of 4 Hour / 8 Hour option) I do not specify a starting time, I'm effectively asking it to just "give me whatever you've got for right now".

What I don't know is how the backend service determines what time to start from if it's not specified; this always just "worked" so it never occurred to me before. I know we used to provide a zip code in HDHomeRun Setup, but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. Wild guess would be that maybe it comes from the HDHomeRun RECORD engine?

You want to have some fun in your web browser of choice?

Code: Select all

> Browse to http://my.hdhomerun.com/discover
> For each item you see with a "DeviceID", note the "DiscoverURL" value
> Browse to each "DiscoverURL", find the nonsensical looking string for "DeviceAuth" and copy it
> Combine each DeviceAuth you found into a single string
> Using {DEVICEAUTH} as the contents of the string you generated ...
> Browse to http://ipv4.my.hdhomerun.com/api/guide?DeviceAuth={DEVICEAUTH}

For example, I might browse to: (DEVICEAUTH has been obfuscated below)

Code: Select all

http://ipv4.my.hdhomerun.com/api/guide?DeviceAuth=R4qIpuapKV3ijLeD0rjuc3hXHHaixXx1t9UujUr34GLtJ0jO

You should get your program guide data in a text format (this format is called JSON). Find a channel you recognize; is the first thing listed what's on right now or did it air a few hours ago??

I don't recommend posting/pastebin-ing the output or the URL you generated, it could be considered identifying. If you don't care if everyone knows what channels you have I'm happy to look at a pastebin file. If you tell me what time you generated it, I can convert the timestamps in that file into UTC for you to see if they jive with your current local time or not.

numus

Post by numus »

Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_UPDATE_INCOMPATIBLE] - I get this when trying to install the zuki-test-kodi on my firetvs.. I uninstalled kodi from both but this is still showing up

djp952

Post by djp952 »

numus wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:54 pm
Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_UPDATE_INCOMPATIBLE] - I get this when trying to install the zuki-test-kodi on my firetvs.. I uninstalled kodi from both but this is still showing up
As far as I am aware, "INSTALL_FAILED_UPDATE_INCOMPATIBLE" only applies to the situation where an existing APK with a different signing key exists. It looks like there is a pretty common condition when the APK has been installed for multiple users that results in the same problem ...

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1189 ... -on-device

See what you think about the comments on that stackoverflow thread; if still no love I'll definitely see what I can find out; perhaps there are other reasons android might be angry with you and give you that particular message ...

Ken.F
Device ID: 1041A706, 1043EB32, 104BAD9E, 13168DC5, 1322A7AC

Post by Ken.F »

djp952 wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:32 pm
Lots of posts! Will check them all ASAP. For this one, yeah ... I can absolutely add that as an option. Any particular format you'd like to see? Something like "S01E05 TITLE" or "TITLE (S01E05)" or something else?
"S01E05 Title" would work if "Title" is the episode name. I've also seen season/episode numbers displayed elsewhere in Kodi as "1x05.".

ebo
Device ID: 1016F746, 101C8CF9, 1041F134, 10532394

Post by ebo »

Rickt1962 wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:40 pm
djp952 wrote:
Ken.F wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:10 am

In your PVR client in the Recordings section I do see series episode names but there are no episode numbers listed. Is there any way to show the episode numbers with episode names?
Lots of posts! Will check them all ASAP. For this one, yeah ... I can absolutely add that as an option. Any particular format you'd like to see? Something like "S01E05 TITLE" or "TITLE (S01E05)" or something else?
Dr. Ken S01E01
2 Broke Girls-S06E03-And the 80's Movie -
New Girl-S06E16-Operation Bobcat -
That's the format I've seen most commonly elsewhere (with minor variants such as periods or spaces instead of hyphens) and the one that makes the most sense to me. If different series are together in a folder, all episodes of a series will sort together in episode order. And the SnnEnn (or SnnEnnn) format is the one supplied by the JSON listing (thanks, djp952, for showing how to extract that).

Rickt1962

Post by Rickt1962 »

ebo wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:51 am
Rickt1962 wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:40 pm
djp952 wrote:

Dr. Ken S01E01
2 Broke Girls-S06E03-And the 80's Movie -
New Girl-S06E16-Operation Bobcat -
That's the format I've seen most commonly elsewhere (with minor variants such as periods or spaces instead of hyphens) and the one that makes the most sense to me. If different series are together in a folder, all episodes of a series will sort together in episode order. And the SnnEnn (or SnnEnnn) format is the one supplied by the JSON listing (thanks, djp952, for showing how to extract that).
That was generated starting with WMC then scanned by MCEbuddy then sent to my network drive then scanned into Kodi

djp952

Post by djp952 »

Sounds good guys; I'll add an option to prefix recorded TV titles with the value that comes from the backend service, which always seems to be in the format "S00E00" or "EP00". Thanks for the feedback!!!

I've been formalizing the android .APK generation tasks, and once done with that will add this and probably a change to specify a date/time to the backend when requesting guide data (to avoid potential issues with time zone settings). The latter may not solve the reported problem, but it shouldn't hurt. If it does, I'll pull it back!

djp952

Post by djp952 »

Which of these styles do you guys like better for the option to use season/episode numbers in recording titles? I coded the first one and thought it looked a little redundant/silly, so I propose the second option below:

Option 1: Append the season/episode string from the backend to the title:

Option 2 : Replace the title with the season/episode string from the backend (if present). I think I like this better than the standard method, at least with the default Kodi skin. Other skins may display the information differently, so I think it should stay optional even if we all like it better:

clarkss12
Device ID: 104CBEA5 ;1055A951

Post by clarkss12 »

I like option 2, since the series name would be a duplicate. Awesome addon, BTW.

Thanks

lovemyram4x4

Post by lovemyram4x4 »

I installed Kodi 16 arm and 17 arm64 test apks, no issue installing, pvr addon seems to work but Kodi repository doesn't.

I found that on the app store Kodi 17 the repository also doesn't work. Maybe it has something to do the April fools joke, but the repository works fine on Kodi 17 windows, SPMC 16 android/windows.

For the above option 2 is how the TV Shows library shows titles (unless inside of a season folder then just EE-Title), no need for show name since you already know what the show name is.

djp952

Post by djp952 »

lovemyram4x4 wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:18 am
I installed Kodi 16 arm and 17 arm64 test apks, no issue installing, pvr addon seems to work but Kodi repository doesn't.

I found that on the app store Kodi 17 the repository also doesn't work. Maybe it has something to do the April fools joke, but the repository works fine on Kodi 17 windows, SPMC 16 android/windows.

For the above option 2 is how the TV Shows library shows titles (unless inside of a season folder then just EE-Title), no need for show name since you already know what the show name is.
It does look like their April Fool's joke or whatever has brought down the entire Kodiverse. I don't think it's all that amusing myself; they left their entire user base high and dry. Seems a bit ill-conceived, I'm sure there will be plenty of angry people yelling at them once they come back up.

lovemyram4x4

Post by lovemyram4x4 »

Yeah last night I tried to upgrade a PC I use for library updates to Kodi 17.1 and the site was already down, luckily it was a win 10 machine so I installed it from the app store.

It looks like the repo is working again for Android's on Kodi so I can finishes setup your Kodi arm64.

Rickt1962

Post by Rickt1962 »

djp952 wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:06 am
lovemyram4x4 wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:18 am

It does look like their April Fool's joke or whatever has brought down the entire Kodiverse. I don't think it's all that amusing myself; they left their entire user base high and dry. Seems a bit ill-conceived, I'm sure there will be plenty of angry people yelling at them once they come back up.
Kodi needed to update their website so they waited for April 1st LOL But when you see ICE "Immigration and Customs Enforcement " on the webpage you knew it was a gag ! It made me laugh seeing the WEB implode Big Brother was coming to get YOU ! :o

lovemyram4x4

Post by lovemyram4x4 »

Yeah, I saw the humor in it and it went along perfectly with the Kodi pirating stories from the UK, but it didn't make happy that it made things difficult for me to install stuff(I would've been pissed if I didn't already have my working SPMC 16 running).

Anyway I got you Kodi 17 arm64 mostly setup and we're watching the first show off the DVR with it. I haven't actually played anything on the live TV side but guide and notifications are working well.

I like how Kodi 17 show the commercial auto skip amount but I'm already missing a bunch of the little upgrades/changes in SPMC.

djp952

Post by djp952 »

You guys are awesome for testing out the Android stuff I can't .. THANK YOU! I'm very glad it's working and is being generally useful. I'm especially happy that the ARM64 version seems to be working for people.

It's only been a few days since the last release, but I couldn't resist the opportunity to release something with a nice round build number like "6300". Therefore, version 1.0.6(.6300) is out there now.

https://github.com/djp952/pvr.hdhomerun ... /Downloads

The big feature is formalized Android APKs (finally) -- the main changes over the test versions posted earlier this week are that I use a custom version number/name to indicate it's not the official Kodi, and the generation process is automated as part of the build and is now documented. 1.0.6 also has the new "Use season/episode number as title for recordings" option you can try out.

On Android when using the APKs, you should see a custom version in the App properties now:

There shouldn't be any problems updating from the test version, but the requirement to uninstall any other Kodi fork, including the official one from Team Kodi, still applies. I use my own signing key to sign the .apk file, that makes it incompatible with any other author's .apk file(s).

Enjoy, and again thanks to everyone for the feedback!