Kodi Community Development

Moderator: TVJunkie198

djp952
Device ID: 131EB7F7;131ED0E0

Re: Unofficial Kodi PVR Client for HDHomeRun DVR subscribers

Post by djp952 »

lovemyram4x4 wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:46 pm
Sorry if it already says in the wiki, but does your plug make it so shows don't record again if deleted from Kodi? If so does it only work if played from live TV-recorded section or also from TV shows section(I prefer using this for watching my recorded shows since it supports far more customization, or if deleted by after watch? If it works in the former but the later is something I could add into after watch's script?
No worries. The delete function is handled by the HDHomeRun RECORD engine, the addon just sends it the command when you select Delete in Kodi. All the tracking is done on your NAS or PC that is running that software, I assume it's probably maintained in the cloud by SiliconDust? Regardless of how you get to the Delete button, the end result should be the same.

The "delete and re-record" function is also exposed through Kodi, but it's awkward. You have to select (right-click) the recording to delete and find the "Client Actions" menu. From there you get a pop-up with 2 actions: Delete / Delete and Re-Record. Kodi doesn't currently provide a way (that I am aware of) to actually modify the menus themselves with custom actions :cry:

I have to be honest, I have no clue how the TV Shows section of Kodi works, I've never actually tried it (I always blindly delete that menu option)! I'll have to play with that, if it hooks into the PVR stuff there may be opportunities to provide some useful functionality. I'm going to guess that it calls the same PVR functions for deletion as anywhere else does but there might be a place to hook in something like "Delete and Re-Record".

djp952

Post by djp952 »

Ken.F wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:41 am
I may have found a bug. Not sure what happened here but it looks like the changelog is superimposed over the settings screen.

1. That is quite an awesome bug :)
2. Totally out of my control

The change log is just a simple text file, nothing fancy. I even make sure it has proper line endings for the platform. Maybe it got too long and triggered some wacky bug in Kodi? You can hand-edit or just delete it if you want to see if that solves the problem, on Jarvis it is a loose file in ~/.kodi/addons/pvr.hdhomerundvr/ called changelog.txt. Not used by anything but the Kodi UI.

Sadly there is nothing I can do about this one, except perhaps omit the file?

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Post by signcarver »

I have seen kodi do that from time to time with other add-ons (both linux and windows), it is so rare for me I never bothered investigating, I just know I have seen it about 6 times over the past 4-5 years.

Rickt1962

Post by Rickt1962 »

Great WORK ! Just installed it on OSMC 17 on Raspberry pi-2 working !!!

I know its still in development 2 issues I came across was when I set the folder to my Channel logos and click scan them in nothing shows up.

Record Feature not working

Rickt1962

Post by Rickt1962 »

djp952 wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:46 am
Ken.F wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:41 am
I may have found a bug. Not sure what happened here but it looks like the changelog is superimposed over the settings screen.

1. That is quite an awesome bug :)
2. Totally out of my control

The change log is just a simple text file, nothing fancy. I even make sure it has proper line endings for the platform. Maybe it got too long and triggered some wacky bug in Kodi? You can hand-edit or just delete it if you want to see if that solves the problem, on Jarvis it is a loose file in ~/.kodi/addons/pvr.hdhomerundvr/ called changelog.txt. Not used by anything but the Kodi UI.

Sadly there is nothing I can do about this one, except perhaps omit the file?
I think he is using LibreELEC and not OSMC

Ken.F
Device ID: 1041A706, 1043EB32, 104BAD9E, 13168DC5, 1322A7AC

Post by Ken.F »

signcarver wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:00 am
I have seen kodi do that from time to time with other add-ons (both linux and windows), it is so rare for me I never bothered investigating, I just know I have seen it about 6 times over the past 4-5 years.
I don't remember seeing it before but it does happen every time I open the add-on information screen for this PVR client. It's not really hurting anything so I can just ignore it.
Rickt1962 wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:16 am
I think he is using LibreELEC and not OSMC
Yes, I'm using LibreELEC. I didn't see any changelog.txt file but I did find the text of the changelog in the /storage/.kodi/addons/pvr.hdhomerundvr/addon.xml file.

djp952

Post by djp952 »

Rickt1962 wrote: Yes, I'm using LibreELEC. I didn't see any changelog.txt file but I did find the text of the changelog in the /storage/.kodi/addons/pvr.hdhomerundvr/addon.xml file.
Right. I thought it was Jarvis based on the screenshot. Krypton has the text embedded in the xml file like you found

Ken.F
Device ID: 1041A706, 1043EB32, 104BAD9E, 13168DC5, 1322A7AC

Post by Ken.F »

djp952 wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:27 pm
Right. I thought it was Jarvis based on the screenshot. Krypton has the text embedded in the xml file like you found
I changed from the new default skin back to Confluence. I get frustrated when settings aren't where I'm used to seeing them.

djp952

Post by djp952 »

Rickt1962 wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:13 am

I know its still in development 2 issues I came across was when I set the folder to my Channel logos and click scan them in nothing shows up.

Cool! Can you expound on the Record feature not working a bit? Are you not able to add Timers (like right-click on something in the Guide), or click the record button on a live program? Not all Kodi recording features are possible, but the bulk of them should be working.
Let me know, I can put OSMC back on the Pi tonight and see what I screwed up on ya :D It was actually supposed to work right on OSMC with no additional limitations, I'm kinda bummed that I may have skipped out on testing some core features here.

I also need a little more info on the Channel logos; this client only sends Kodi a URL to the channel logo as provided by HDHomeRun DVR service, it doesn't have any involvement after that I am aware of. Can you point me in the direction of what you have installed and how you are using it? I can at least confirm if there is or isn't anything I can do for you.

Rickt1962

Post by Rickt1962 »

djp952 wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:50 pm
Rickt1962 wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:13 am

Cool! Can you expound on the Record feature not working a bit? Are you not able to add Timers (like right-click on something in the Guide), or click the record button on a live program? Not all Kodi recording features are possible, but the bulk of them should be working.
Let me know, I can put OSMC back on the Pi tonight and see what I screwed up on ya :D It was actually supposed to work right on OSMC with no additional limitations, I'm kinda bummed that I may have skipped out on testing some core features here.

I also need a little more info on the Channel logos; this client only sends Kodi a URL to the channel logo as provided by HDHomeRun DVR service, it doesn't have any involvement after that I am aware of. Can you point me in the direction of what you have installed and how you are using it? I can at least confirm if there is or isn't anything I can do for you.

http://www.mychannellogos.com/
Is what I used to create a folder with them.

P.S. I forgot to mention I have 2 HDhomerun Primes and the other Kodi PVR's always shows channels twice ! You FIXED IT !!!

Just went to the Channel Guide to record a show in the next hour the current time is 5:25 and the guide is stopped at 4:30 oops

update rebooted Kodi the guide is still stuck at 4:30

log http://paste.osmc.io/kujayuvehu

Rickt1962

Post by Rickt1962 »

There is a Fix for Channel logo to show up go into Settings/PVR & Live TV settings/General/Channel manager/Channel icon/Browse/Channel icons

This comes with Kodi

So it will take along time to add icons but its a work around

lovemyram4x4

Post by lovemyram4x4 »

djp952 wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:38 am

No worries. The delete function is handled by the HDHomeRun RECORD engine, the addon just sends it the command when you select Delete in Kodi. All the tracking is done on your NAS or PC that is running that software, I assume it's probably maintained in the cloud by SiliconDust? Regardless of how you get to the Delete button, the end result should be the same.

The "delete and re-record" function is also exposed through Kodi, but it's awkward. You have to select (right-click) the recording to delete and find the "Client Actions" menu. From there you get a pop-up with 2 actions: Delete / Delete and Re-Record. Kodi doesn't currently provide a way (that I am aware of) to actually modify the menus themselves with custom actions :cry:

I have to be honest, I have no clue how the TV Shows section of Kodi works, I've never actually tried it (I always blindly delete that menu option)! I'll have to play with that, if it hooks into the PVR stuff there may be opportunities to provide some useful functionality. I'm going to guess that it calls the same PVR functions for deletion as anywhere else does but there might be a place to hook in something like "Delete and Re-Record".
The whole delete thing in Kodi is a bit of a pain, which is why I use after watch. After watch watch will give a pop up that asks if you want to delete and it will also delete all the support files(EDL, NFO, JPEG, etc).

The TV shows section is far more richer, especial with the skin I run(Titan). You far more options for posters, banners, fan art, etc. and it also has TV tunes, extended info, etc. I like using list veiw with banners for my Tv shows(see bellow).

TV shows section will delete shows how Movies section does(basically deletes at file location) and isn't tied to the DVR at all. I requires library updates, I use watch watchdog to keep it up to date automatically(running on 1 machine, which updates mysql server). So I think adding whatever commands that Live TV-recorded sends to hdhomerun delete/re-record to after watch would be needed. Adding a re-record to the delete yes/no would also be nice and make things more user friendly.

Here's how I have my TV shows section set up, I can't make Live TV-recorded look like this, plus it's missing a lot of other things as well

djp952

Post by djp952 »

lovemyram4x4 wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:57 pm
The TV shows section is far more richer, especial with the skin I run(Titan). You far more options for posters, banners, fan art, etc. and it also has TV tunes, extended info, etc. I like using list veiw with banners for my Tv shows(see bellow).
Got it. TV Shows is a media library like Videos, Music, Movies. It has no direct relationship with the PVR functions from what I can discern. Media libraries point to locations on your PC or network and Kodi manages everything for you. The PVR subsystem is a special addon for TV and/or Radio support; it's a different beast altogether.

I think the way they would expect you to use TV Shows would be to point a video media library at the HDHomeRun share on the NAS (or Windows box, or locally, or wherever you have it) and tell it that they are TV shows so the scraper can use the directory and file names to go get the information for you. As the HDHomeRun RECORD engine adds recordings they would automatically show up if you set the Kodi library for auto refresh.

How that would work with deleting things, I'm not really certain. If you manually delete the file(s) from the NAS, which is what would happen with a media library, I assume that the HDHomeRun RECORD engine would figure that out eventually and no longer report it as a valid recording. I also assume there will be a time delay of some manner between the manual deletion and the engine no longer reporting it. The only bad thing that should occur would be if you click on a recording via the PVR that's already been deleted you'll get an error message from Kodi.

djp952

Post by djp952 »

Rickt1962 wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:26 pm
P.S. I forgot to mention I have 2 HDhomerun Primes and the other Kodi PVR's always shows channels twice ! You FIXED IT !!!
heh. It just works a little differently on the inside, SELECT DISTINCT is a wonderful thing.
Rickt1962 wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:26 pm
Just went to the Channel Guide to record a show in the next hour the current time is 5:25 and the guide is stopped at 4:30 oops
update rebooted Kodi the guide is still stuck at 4:30
log http://paste.osmc.io/kujayuvehu
Hmmm.. I don't see anything that stands out in the log for a guide problem (THANK YOU for the log!!). I see 2 discoveries initiated at 17:28 and 17:32, respectively and no specific errors being reported. The guide should go out about 4 hours by default and refresh every 30 minutes (or when you restart Kodi or wake from sleep)

Has this cleared up, or is it still happening? Couple things you can try, in the event that Kodi is just not asking for guide data (you need to change the settings level to Advanced or Expert to see these):
  • From the PVR / Live TV settings find the "Clear Data" option under "General". This clears the Kodi database and reloads everything from the PVR Client anew. If the PVR database has the data in it, this should repopulate it.
  • From the PVR / Live TV settings find the "Client Specific" option then the "Client Specific Actions" option. You should get a menu that has options to force a load of each discovery type, click on "Trigger Electronic Program Guiide (EPG) discovery" and wait a few minutes. This forces the PVR Client to go out and get the latest EPG data.
For what it's worth, the only errors I see in the log are one trying to add a Timer (Recording Rule) when the seriesid couldn't be found, and a couple Kodi timeouts trying to load what looks like channel or series images.

If things stay bad, PM me. I can look at your database file to see if it's empty or something :) There is nothing personally identifiable in there outside of your HDHomeRun device ids.

djp952

Post by djp952 »

(Wanted this as a separate post rather than inline with a quote/question for better visibility since this one is important)

I also saw in the log that you appear to have "Stream Live TV channels directly from tuner device(s)" enabled. That is best left disabled. My fault for publishing 1.0.5 without documenting that option in the wiki (updated that this morning), but that option is intended to workaround a specific problem with a Windows-based Kodi fork called "DSPlayer".

Enabling that bypasses the HDHomeRun RECORD engine and the internal live stream implementation for the PVR Client. The major side-effect is that you won't be able to timeshift/seek a Live TV channel. Effectively, Live TV behaves as it would for the official Kodi PVR addon so you lose out on the stuff I put in there to work with the HDHomeRun RECORD engine.

Other minor side-effects of enabling that are: a slightly longer time to tune a channel; a small chance that the tuner that was selected may go in-use from somebody else; and a report I couldn't duplicate (and may have fixed) that occasionally you will get an audio-only stream.

If you have an HDHomeRun RECORD set up on your network, which up until 1.0.5 was absolutely required by this addon, it's not a good idea to turn that specific option on. Not how the addon was intended to work :D