Please Read Before Posting

Kodi Community Development

Moderator: TVJunkie198

TVJunkie198

Please Read Before Posting

Post by TVJunkie198 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:24 am

Hello,

Lately the thread topics in here seem to be more off topic, and would be better served in the main HDHomeRun Software Setup & Troubleshooting (Live & DVR) forum. Please consider posting there for official SD Kodi addon related questions, as this subforum is intended more for Kodi Community Development. I'd move the threads myself, but can't since SD hasn't given me that permission as subforum mod (can delete though..)

If SD can either move unrelated threads, or allow me to move them, ...that would be great (office space reference :) )

thanks

TVJunkie198

Re: Please Read Before Posting

Post by TVJunkie198 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:50 pm

bump

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F

Re: Please Read Before Posting

Post by signcarver » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:05 am

Though I agree with you, I don't think you will have much luck since the long ago change of the forum... before this was a subforum of the kodi add-on forum and was much easier to understand the purpose of this subforum. After they moved all of sd's apps (including add-on) to the parent thread people see kodi and think kodi discussion is here (and there are probably a lot of Windows and Android app users that wouldn't want that parent filled with kodi stuff.

Personally with what development has become I would move this section under development rather than sd's software and make it a community development rather than specifically kodi but the purpose of the development section is to get help with development not to advertise new development. Any "paid" service or "commercial" application would then go under 3rd party (including most kodi discussions and it would be nice to get subforumsome in that section again (wmc, kodi, next, channels...) but some things overlap such as a question about software for a platform )