Moderator: TVJunkie198

kbatzer

intermittent no audio when changing channels

Post by kbatzer » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:13 am

I have the following issue. I have Kodi 16.1 on the following PCs:
1. Intel NUC d54250wyk Windows 7 with 8 Gig RAM using gb ethernet
2. Intel NUC d34010wyk Windows 7 with 8 Gig RAM using gb ethernet
3. Custom Build Asus 170-PRO-Gaming Windows 10 with 32 gb RAM using gb ethernet

I sharing 2 hdhomerun prime units on my LAN with Comcast Cablecards.

All are working using MediaCenter.

However, When I use Kodo 16.1 and the HDHomerun Addon I have the following issue on all the PCs.

When I bring up a channel there is sometimes no Audio. I need to restart the channel by going to the channel selection menu and pressing enter or type in the channel number and press enter. Sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't. I've have this intermittent issue for ever since the Kodi HDHomerun Addon was initially released. It is extremely annoying. sometimes I can't get the audio to work at all and need to restart Kodi. Then it still may not work.

I'm want to migrate away from MediaCenter and just use Kodi, but this issue stops me.

Does anyone have any advice?

Mediaman
Expert
Device ID: 131045A9, 131F4A88

Re: intermittent no audio when changing channels

Post by Mediaman » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:46 am

Update to Kodi 17 the HDHomeRun add on guide should be 2017.01.02 if your using it. You'll never get past that bug in 16 but should be able to toggle audio by hitting pause play buttons on remote or space bar on keyboard as a work around. Tends to hit between commercials with audio type changes but will sometimes do it mid stream of a show.

kbatzer

Post by kbatzer » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:23 am

I haven't upgraded to Kodi 17 yet. but I do have the latest HDHomerun Addon 2017-1-2.
The issue is "random no audio" when changing channels or when the Addon initially starts. Sometimes I lose audio when a commercial starts.

Pressing the OK button, which reloads the channel where I see "Working" in the lower right corner, may sometimes fix the audio and and sometimes not. Sometimes it takes 10-20 retries. Then I just restart the Addon and pray. Eventually I get it. I also see this issue with the NVIDIA Shield in KODI. I'm not sure where the problem is, Silicondust or Kodi This is an extremely annoying issue. I'm really surprised this issue still remains.

Again, I don't have this problem with Media Center. Media Center is dated and no longer actively supported.

Mediaman
Expert
Device ID: 131045A9, 131F4A88

Post by Mediaman » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:03 pm

And your going to continue to have the issue as long as you run Kodi 16. Delete it and load 17, problem solved.

kbatzer

Post by kbatzer » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:41 pm

I have upgraded my primary desktop PC from Kodi 16.1 to 17.0. It appears to have fixed the "Intermittent No Audio" issue.

Many Thanks for your reply!

Notes:
When changing channels, there appears to be a screen flicker where it may sometimes last for a 5-5 seconds. It eventually works. It seems to be in a software loop, testing the connection, before returning after it eventually gets a clear connection.

I'm going to have to get used to the new default Kodi 17.x skin and interface. It may take a while.