Use of guide data?

Kodi Community Development

Moderator: TVJunkie198

dgktkr

Use of guide data?

Post by dgktkr » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:24 pm

I just noticed the "Use of guide data" announcement and I have a question about it.

"Rule - no storing or archiving guide data or images."

Hopefully, that means I need to refrain from writing or using any code for Kodi that stores guide data or images.

Using stock SD recording engine software and Kodi plugin, is there any violation if I turn off my connection to the internet (i.e. router) and allow the record engine to record scheduled programs?

Do I need leave my router on to capture shows while I'm on a 2 week vacation?

dgktkr

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F

Re: Use of guide data?

Post by signcarver » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:03 pm

For "stock" engine, you do need to have internet access as it isn't told to record until about 4 hours prior to the show starting. Basically every hour it checks to see if there have been any changes (as well as checks when poked after creating a rule).

dgktkr

Re: Use of guide data?

Post by dgktkr » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:11 pm

signcarver wrote:
Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:03 pm
For "stock" engine, you do need to have internet access as it isn't told to record until about 4 hours prior to the show starting. Basically every hour it checks to see if there have been any changes (as well as checks when poked after creating a rule).
Thanks. That's very useful to know.

Up until now I've been in the habit of turning off my router at night to save power. I've noticed that some episodes of programs that had a rule weren't recorded, but I hadn't looked into the reason why.

dgktkr