FWIW: HDHomeRun plugin crashes Kodi Krypton

Kodi Community Development

Moderator: TVJunkie198

dgktkr

FWIW: HDHomeRun plugin crashes Kodi Krypton

Post by dgktkr »

I've tried both the official HDHomeRun video add-on and the TVJunkieMOD. When started, either one instantly crashes Kodi Krypton (Beta 2).

That's not a big deal for me. I'll just revert to Kodi 16.1, but SiliconDust may be interested getting their add-on to work for Krypton eventually.

dgktkr

Pat.Y

Re: FWIW: HDHomeRun plugin crashes Kodi Krypton

Post by Pat.Y »

Now with Krypton (beta 5) the HD Homerun add in will not even install. The prerequisite "Requests" add in fails to install so the HD Homerun add in never starts its install.

Yes, I know. Getting two pieces of beta SW to play nice is asking a lot. I posted this ONLY as an update to the current situation. NOT as a complaint.

I really like the new KODI interface and I am looking forward to this all coming together.
Last edited by Pat.Y on Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dgktkr

Re: FWIW: HDHomeRun plugin crashes Kodi Krypton

Post by dgktkr »

Pat.Y wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:05 pm Now with Krypton (beta 5) the HD Homerun add in will not even install. The prerequisite "Requests" add in fails to install so the HD Homerun add in never starts its install.

Yes, I know. Getting two pieces of beta SW to play nice is asking a lot. I posted this ONLY as an update to the current situation. NOT as a complaint.

I really like the new KODI interface and I am looking forward to this all coming together.
Kodi Krypton Beta 5 has a bug in it that causes any add-on installation to fail http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=296746 post #4.

I installed a recent Kodi Krypton nightly and the HDHomeRun add-on installs nicely from the repository and plays well without crashing.

dgktkr